Roivas Mansion - N4A Chat Thread - October 2020

Tyranogre

Finally done organizing my Wondetrade Pokemon by Dex #/Generation

Now the more daunting task of going through and locating any foreign pokemon/Hidden Abilities/Bred special moves and Pokerus Pokemon - pretty sure i saw a few

Granted figuring out which moves were bred might be tricky...

But first. i should organize my regular Pokemon that i brought over first - a lot of these are disorganized and a bit of a mess.... slightly bothering me, honestly

And then try to figure out on what pokemon to keep and what to get rid of

That's going to take awhile....

So I'm nearing the end of Persona 5R and had a surprisingly good time with the game, and I want to revisit Persona 3 which I haven't played since high school (most of my experience with Persona since then was with 4, and something about that entry didn't click with me). So now for the eternal question: FES or portable?

Reading up on differences, my main question/concern seem to be about presentation. From what I understand, P3P adopts a visual novel presentation to the extreme, and this can make certain scenes harder to follow or lose impact, since it's difficult to tell where people are relative to their surroundings or something. I'm having a hard time visualizing what exactly people mean by this, so it'd be nice to see an example of what's going on or just some input from someone familiar with both versions. And remember, while I played FES over a decade ago, I barely remember the game beyond there being a playable doge.

-

also, happy birthday chrom!

Edited by Zora
19 minutes ago, Zora said:

So I'm nearing the end of Persona 5R and had a surprisingly good time with the game, and I want to revisit Persona 3 which I haven't played since high school (most of my experience with Persona since then was with 4, and something about that entry didn't click with me). So now for the eternal question: FES or portable?

Reading up on differences, my main question/concern seem to be about presentation. From what I understand, P3P adopts a visual novel presentation to the extreme, and this can make certain scenes harder to follow or lose impact, since it's difficult to tell where people are relative to their surroundings or something. I'm having a hard time visualizing what exactly people mean by this, so it'd be nice to see an example of what's going on or just some input from someone familiar with both versions. And remember, while I played FES over a decade ago, I barely remember the game beyond there being a playable doge.

-

also, happy birthday chrom!

I'm almost at November in FES.

The other big thing I've heard about Portable is that you can play as a female MC, and thus romance the boys. (hey ken wanna /ss/)

7 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

I'm almost at November in FES.

The other big thing I've heard about Portable is that you can play as a female MC, and thus romance the boys. (hey ken wanna /ss/)

I know about FeMC can date men but like... the male options are terrible aside from akihiko y;. We're look at a kid who's too young, Igor's assistant who looks too old (I get he probably transcends age or something but still), hobo jotaro, an android who's not exactly gendered as a boy, Ryoji who uhh doesn't have much presence in the game iirc, and uhh... akihiko who's like fine, but he's just like fine. If I do play portable, I'd go FeMC just for the novelty, but the dating pool is slim.

Edited by Zora

On the subject of dating:

I maxed out the social link with Yuko the club manager before I realized what I was doing, and now it looks like I need to also max out the loli in order to get one of the materials to summon that Persona that looks like a giant penis. I figure that Yuko wouldn't mind that since she loves kids, but now I'm worried about cheating on her if I need to max out any other social links with girls in order to get fusion fodder. On one hand, the game warned me that she'd get upset if she saw me with another girl, but on the other, maxing out the link resulted in a message saying that our bond "cannot be broken".

15 hours ago, Zora said:

I know about FeMC can date men but like... the male options are terrible aside from akihiko y;. We're look at a kid who's too young, Igor's assistant who looks too old (I get he probably transcends age or something but still), hobo jotaro, an android who's not exactly gendered as a boy, Ryoji who uhh doesn't have much presence in the game iirc, and uhh... akihiko who's like fine, but he's just like fine. If I do play portable, I'd go FeMC just for the novelty, but the dating pool is slim.

persona not just letting me be gay is a real fucking letdown
i wonder if there's a mod for it out there somewhere like with harvest moon

7 hours ago, ace said:

what's with the 908234675908123475098123475 spam bot accounts that keep joining.

Like what do they hope to accomplish here?

have we really gotten a bot flood? until just recently the latest join was from early 2019 lol