Roivas Mansion - N4A Chat Thread - October 2020

Tyranogre

10 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

You want a Paper Mario game that's like the first two?

Unironically, South Park: The Stick of Truth.

Both of the newer South Park games are fantastic. But Stick of Truth really does have a Paper Mario feel to it now that you mention it.

4 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Okay, I did most of the Grimm Troupe stuff, but again, I'm not a fast reflex guy, and the final boss of that DLC also has their own share of problems, but maybe that's because I have the wrong charm combos. They say to "get good", but I'm a mostly casual gamer, and even though there are clear patterns, I don't like thrive in really stressful situations. I heard of its comparison to the ultimate hard game of the last decade, and maybe that's maybe why the end fights of the DLC and base game don't do it for me. I'm going to quit playing before it turns ugly, like other final bosses I eventually defeated years later. 

It's a shame, because I've played and beaten The Messenger, which handles both platforming and combat really well, and their bosses are fun and fair, and that game gets close to compared to old-school Ninja Gaiden.    

Yeah you need a great Charm loadout, I looked up a guide to win and still took me multiple tries. I actually loved the old-school level of challenge. I really want to try my hand at Cuphead, buuuut don't want to pay for it (Hollow Knight was on Gamepass and I was on a free trial).

Hollow Knight Spoilers 

Finally beat both The Nightmare King and Radiance. I prefer Grimm, because you get to know his dark side thing, and beating him that one charm really helpful with Radiance. That, and his patterns are much more manageable. 

And despite not getting all the charms and baby things, and not beating that last part of the colosseum, the game gave me a completion thing. What?

So spent some time transferring both my Hidden ability and most of my shinies over from X to Ultra Moon - don't think i'll be transferring further to Shield since i don't know how many of them are even available

Didn't take too long, though - might end up having to tweak and move things around if i find any more HAs in the Pokebank

Had to look at Imgur to reorganize them to how i had them organized when i transferred some of them over to fill out the Pokedex

Though looking at some of them, it might be problematic if i ever decide to try breeding for shinies since some of them are male or only male...

Got a bit unlucky with some of them though - especially back when the Dreamworld was a thing, especially since i didn''t know what i somewhat know know with breeding and HAs

At the time i was just happy to get HAs at all from there - part of me wishes i had gotten more, but i guess im mostly satisfied with what i got overall i suppose

still super fucking excited about the demon's souls remake but i can't say i care what they're doing with the music after the new trailer

not everything needs to a bombastic choir song, a lot of what made demon's souls memorable was how somber and restrained it was

So after finally being happy with my aquarium I have a fish that I had to kill because it was showing symptoms of a disease called fish tuberculosis. That means everything in the tank is carrying it and will eventually die from it. On top of that if I get it in a cut I can get sick from it as well. Excellent.

1 hour ago, Zora said:

I'm watching UC Gundam again (rewatching Zeta and will watch ZZ soon) and now I want to play a video game with giant robots, yet the only series I'm aware of the Xeno series and Titanfall (I tried TItanfall 2 and... not my game, honestly).

What are some other games with giant robots?

No More Heroes 2 has a giant robot battle for one boss fight...

There's also Daemon x Machina.

1 hour ago, Zora said:

I'm watching UC Gundam again (rewatching Zeta and will watch ZZ soon) and now I want to play a video game with giant robots, yet the only series I'm aware of the Xeno series and Titanfall (I tried TItanfall 2 and... not my game, honestly).

Armored Core!

2 hours ago, Zora said:

hawken theydonothing;

So apparently I forgot i sent over some Pokémon to Moon or Ultra Moonfrom the Bank that i had from Kalos to fill out the Pokédex.....

That I completely forgot about.

So reorganizing those took a bit of time...

Though while im at it, might as well organize my Alolan Pokémon while im at it - that will take some time