Roivas Mansion - N4A Chat Thread - October 2020

Tyranogre

thoughts playing the 3d all-stars collections for a bit

-64 is still the GOAT and the feeling of momentum to mario's movement is dope, camera still is not good

-sunshine has both aged better and worse than i thought, game looks great in 16:9 and non-inverted camera controls are good, too bad mostly everything else about it isn't and i absolutely detest how mario feels in it

-galaxy's controls honestly feel tighter and more weightless than i remember and i can't say i care for it, but everything else about it is stupendous and it can almost pass as looking comparable to mario games much newer than it

28 minutes ago, Edie Napier said:

thoughts playing the 3d all-stars collections for a bit

-64 is still the GOAT and the feeling of momentum to mario's movement is dope, camera still is not good

-sunshine has both aged better and worse than i thought, game looks great in 16:9 and non-inverted camera controls are good, too bad mostly everything else about it isn't and i absolutely detest how mario feels in it

-galaxy's controls honestly feel tighter and more weightless than i remember and i can't say i care for it, but everything else about it is stupendous and it can almost pass as looking comparable to mario games much newer than it

I agree with almost all of this. My opinion on all of them has changed a bit after playing them again

64 is incredible despite some obvious warts but it's aged way better than you'd expect from a 3D platformer from 1996. there's some cheap deaths because of the camera and weird level geometry but it's so classic lol.

Sunshine is insanely frustrating and clearly went through some kind of rushed development or development hell but it's also really charming with the environments and levels and I like how the island feels like it has a real sense of space. I can't help but not like it a lot despite all the massive problems it has.

playing Galaxy again... not really feeling the complete lack of any momentum on Mario's controls. he's just not very fun to move around... and the level design isn't very memorable at all. but I really love the space theme and the general atmosphere of the game and the visuals are really great. It's way more polished than the other two but I wonder sometimes if that's a good thing...

why even have an option to renew your license online if its never going to fucking work

i spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to pay to renew my license online yesterday and it refused to take my card without giving any reason why, try again today and suddenly i can only do it 'in person' at the DMV which is not gonna happen because i don't live in the countryyyyyyyy

guess i'll just fucking hope i don't need another form of photo ID while i live here in the meantime flower; 

8 hours ago, skycandy said:

why even have an option to renew your license online if its never going to fucking work

i spent 45 minutes yesterday trying to pay to renew my license online yesterday and it refused to take my card without giving any reason why, try again today and suddenly i can only do it 'in person' at the DMV which is not gonna happen because i don't live in the countryyyyyyyy

guess i'll just fucking hope i don't need another form of photo ID while i live here in the meantime flower; 

Not sure what you need the additional photo ID for so this is just a shot in the dark... But you said you were living in Manitoba, right? Do you already have a Manitoba Identification Card? From what I understand you just need to be a resident (so unlike enhanced driver’s license you don’t need to be a Canadian Citizen), and it acts as photo ID, at least.

9 hours ago, DranSeasona said:

Not sure what you need the additional photo ID for so this is just a shot in the dark... But you said you were living in Manitoba, right? Do you already have a Manitoba Identification Card? From what I understand you just need to be a resident (so unlike enhanced driver’s license you don’t need to be a Canadian Citizen), and it acts as photo ID, at least.

i needed 3 forms of ID just to open my own bank account, so right now its mostly a case of being safer than sorry y; and i live in alberta

to be eligible for the ID here i have to prove i'm living here legally (which i can) and prove my address (which i cannot, right now at least).

its still a pain in the ass that i can't get my license renewed though, especially since i went through the trouble of having my mom contact my dad for me to get it sent up here to me, and gives me another thing to worry about when i go back to the states, whenever that is 

SIIIIIIGH

10 minutes ago, Zora said:

joycons came back. That was faster than expected y;

I don't know when I'll go back to TMS given I'm like 40+ hours into Persona 5R (currently in summer break after 8/21 event), but TMS is back on deck. But it's nice to have a Switch again.

gamer time coolkong;