Roivas Mansion - N4A Chat Thread - October 2020

Tyranogre

MInecraft is the best selling and most popular video game of all time, and for a good reason. It just has so much endless content what with all the regular updates. Having Steve in smash is super cool. I mean have you seen what he can do? Those walls are gonna be game changers.

Now I'm genuinely wondering if Hatsune Miku would qualify. Sakurai has stated Smash "will only have content from video games in it," and while Hatsune Miku definitely been in a ton of video games, she might fall just outside the scope of that statement. She definitely blurs that line. 

Don't get me wrong: I think she would be a great addition. To go one step further, I would love to see a rhythm game character show up in Smash, and see that genre represented in some fashion. I think there is a whole lot of potential there, and depending on the series featured, can you imagine the music?

And yes, I know Donkey Kong used to have the Konga Beat, but that has gone by the wayside. Also, that was one move rather than an entire character. 

Just now, Tyranogre said:

I don't think a rhythm-based character would work.

In huge tournaments where everyone's constantly making noise, it would be impossible to hear the music.

idk, rhythm games are only FUN because of the music, but the music isn't necessarily needed to keep the rhythm y; most of it is visual cues to begin with, and keeping a rhythm of some sort is necessary to be good at smash anyway

43 minutes ago, devilsKnife said:

geno is in smash too then lol

i just mean that there's no way they're gonna do a full character if they specifically took the time to make a mii alt along with music and make that the announcement

I'm looking forward to Steve's release later on whenever that will be... looks pretty interesting so far

And looking forward to Minecraft live in a couple days

And on an unrelated note, it's day ??? in Minecraft and i still haven't figured out the things in 99% of these mods i've downloaded... this stuff is more complicated to figure out than i thought...

And started up Shield again and working on finishing the Pokedex - thankfully it won't be too difficult considering i can transfer over Pokemon if difficult to find specific ones and easy to level up thanks to those exp candies

Still have to get Type:Null in Pokemon Ultra Moon though... think that

1 hour ago, Shadow118 said:

And on an unrelated note, it's day ??? in Minecraft and i still haven't figured out the things in 99% of these mods i've downloaded... this stuff is more complicated to figure out than i thought...

is there a reason you aren't just using a wiki like normal? are they puzzle mods?

54 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

I'm wondering if I should get my joycons looked at... often it seems the right JC stick wants to keep making things go down, a restart usually corrects it until it's put in sleep again

Isn’t that classic drift? I sent my joycons in and they fixed it for free because of those issues.

Mind you I don’t know if they’re still fixing drift for free... but it’s definitely an annoying defect.