Roivas Mansion - N4A Chat Thread - October 2020

Tyranogre

feth-logo.jpg

This month's chat thread is dedicated to the Fire Emblem series, Nintendo's long-running franchise about elitist assholes, waifu-worshippers, and stealing character slots from Smash Bros.!

B̪̐̆͋ͬͯé͎̆̈̏ͩ͂g̵͉͕͍̝͕̻ͤ͗ỉ̧͈͇̹̊̎n̜͍̫͇ͫ͜n̡̗͔̭͓ͭ͛̓ĭ̘͎̻̳͈̬̽̓ͨn̡̙̉g̣͚͎̔̽ ̴̬̼ͣ͊͒i̢̿̾̎̐͒̓n͔̞̠̼̅ͧ̈ͮͦ͆̎͜ͅ ͪ͛ͯ͊̊̊҉̦̝͔̜̞1͉͇̝̯̰ͭ̽͘9͔̱̘͈̱̯̟͗̃̉9̮̣̠̣̂ͩ̓͗ͭ͛͞0̪̼̍̐̅,̴̳͋̈ ̤̽̅̋̇̒͌̿F̭̙̥͎͍͖̃̕i̷̙̯͇̹̟͗͆̄ͯr̸̟̉̅ͮͦ̀ĕ̜ ̛͆̈̅̊E̦ͤͮͪ͑m̥͈͖̑̿̓̒b̝̊͂̈́͛͐͐ͮl̻̼͔͕̲ĕ̙͇̩̙̝͍̺̏m͔̤͙̞̤̤̜ͧ̀̓ͨ ̝̩ͨͪͧ̌̓h͔̝̟͓̭̥ͥ̋ͨ͑̀̇a̟̺ͨͦ͆́s̴͕̬̪̆ ̰͈̋̀͋ͬ̊ͤ̆͘h̲͗ͯ͑̒a̶̩̗̘̒d̺͋͆ͫ͛ͬ ̭͆ͬ͞q̥͇̮͓̥͉̉̀͌͋͜ṵ͉̜̄͂͆̒̃͂ī̮̫͌̔ͩ̽̈̄͟t͈ẽ͙̟̣̦̦͖̞̉͠ ̺̑͢a̶̝̫̹̫̻̰̍ ̲̦̹̣̝̳͉n̯͔̥͎̺͉̙̿uͬ̎ͨͨ̊ͤ̐҉̙̹m̱̗̻͓͕͎͂ͫ͑̑͋̚b̏̈e̞ͫ̾̚ͅr̛̥̹͍̻͑̈͑ͥͅ ̳͕̖̥̪͔̈́̎ȍ̶f̼̞͝ ̩͚̬͖̺͎̄͛̔ͧ̇̅̓ͅg͈͕̬͉â̞̜͛́ͨͮ͗m̝͚̙͇̤̻ͧ̉e̎̈́̓͝s̷̔ͨ͂ ̹̤̥̩̫̩ͥ͆o̞̼̦̝̩̠ͮ͐ͩͩ̐̍n̪̄̎͑͐̑̄͋ ̫̺̮̤̓N͉̙̦͖̈́͡ȋ̡̺̼͛̊͂ņ̘̤̟̳̱̹͍̊t͓͖͓̥̗̃̂ͅḙ̱̫͎̭͙͓ͮͫ͑̏ṋ̴̻͕̰̣͐͌ḍ̻ͨ̌͂o̷ͧ̇ ̡̝ͧ̍̾s͔̫̤͛͆y̯͓̹̒ͧ̄ș͓̘͑ͤ͒ͅt͇͖̞͙̱ͣ̈́͠ͅe̩ṃͮs̺̅ͮ̏̃̈́͛͠,̺̣̖͋ͥ̆ͭ͐ͅ ͚̓͂ͨͦ͋f͔̄͗͗͋ͫ͋͐͞řͥ̊̍̔́͆҉̠̙̲͓̙ơ̠͚̞̥̜̬̗ͣͬͫm̢͔͉̥̗͕ͥͪ̓͌ͪͅ ̺̖̜͇̪̳̖̑̽t̘̦͈̍ͥͧ̈́̾̍h̻̟̥̭̼̰̣̄̋͛̒͑e͇͜ ̛͇̲͉̟͎̎F̴͍a̔͆m͈̱̹͍̰͓̋̓į̼̓̓ͯ̏̚c̣̟̯̭͢ơ̫̹̖̦͊m̂̇̎ ̘̘̠ͥ̏ͤ͗͌̐ḁ͓̓̌͝ͅl̺̪̝̈̏ͮͦͭ̆͘l̰̬ͯ̅͂̄͂ͧ́͝ ̸͓̹͖̹͚͇ͅt͈͙͓̲͔͈̟̅͘h̑ͯê͙͚̳̓͊ ̢̙̖͖̔ͪw̛̤̙̞͎ą̱͓͙̤̞̓ͧ̅̿̈́̒̾y̰̰̞̖͎ͪ̓̾ͩͯ ̸͔̯̞͍̣̃u̬ͮ̈́͐̎͒̓ͮp̢̮͖̳͈̤̯̉͌̌̓ͨ͊ ̶̖̹̣̟̝̲̖̔͛̿̈́̈́t̸̪̙̺̮̝̍̋ͪ͒̾͛̋ỏ̏ ̳̗̯̄́́̓͗̉̎͝t̒̿҉̲͙͔̪̻͙ḣ̄ë͗̈́ͨ͌͌̚ ̩͈̗͕ͤ̇̓ͣ̊̉̆S̡͇̳̑w͉͑͠i͐̒̏̄t͓͞c͇̥͓̗̳̠̺̓ͩ͗͜ḩ̲̙̦̫͓ͮ͆̈́̒!͎͙̟̙͈

W̡̨̨͔̙͍̪͑ͦ̾͒̔ḩ̸̢͎̗̣̫̲͖̰͕̪͋̂ͤ͗̀͜ą̥̠̻̗͚͎̩̘̺̣͈͉͚̺̤͔͂̇ͩ̊͑ͭ̿͗̔ͧ̈͆͡t̸̶̢̺̖͎̬̝͚̜̱̦̲̙̞̤̦̮̺̼̍ͯ̈͛̍̓̓ͣ͊̑ͅ'̴̶̸̨̜͓͈̮͉̪̹̜̅͆̾̾ͪ͋̎̅̽̍̓̓͒̕ͅͅs̴̼̮͍͉̅͒̉̌ͨ͌ͭͧ̏ͮ̃ͥ̓ͯ̀ͦͪ͂̚̕͜͡ ̢́̾̎ͥ̃͊͝҉̱̮̣̮̤̘̳y̡̛̩̬̺͎̼͕̦̝̺̞͈̋̈́̆ͭ͐ͨ̊ͨ̏͐ͣͬ͂̚̚͡ō̴͗͌͐͌̆ͤ̓̾̿ͣ̚҉̗̗͖̪͈͍͔͔̦͍̪̖͖͇͓ȕ̊ͮͣ̅ͯ̾͛ͬ̽ͬ́̔͑ͨ̈̚̚͏̢̡̱͈̲̝̹͙͔̳͓͇̮̗͢ȓͨ̓̋̃ͤ͏̷̸͉͚̖̬̰̮̼̫̲͉̝͕͢ͅ ͕̮͎̙̟̥̅̎ͦ̀̓̅̿̅͌͊̈́̇ͤͥ̃̎̀ͭ̒͜f̨͕̼̯̝͎̖̼̟̳̞̌̆͒̋̾̌̀̓͋̉̓̾͟͡a̷̶̢̭̻̳̰̭͔̝̣̱̪͕̩͍̽̍̉̅ͤ̎͂̒͐ͭ̐ͩͮͭ̓ͅv̷̬͉̝̩̥̘̲̄͗̔͌̓̆͗ͪ̀͝ǫ͓͎̘͖̳̦̩̱͙͈̱̘͉̈́̇̿ͦͪ͞r̢̽̎̆͂ͦ̃͌͒ͬ̑͌҉̢̛̣̘̰̱͍̦̭̦̙̞̞͚̝̼̘̺̺͓̗͟i̴͐ͣͯ̏͑ͤͮͧ͊͒͗̚͜͜҉̫͍̫̦̞̣̥̳̟̙̳̤̭̭͚̯̮͔ţ̴̯̝͎̣̞͓̘͇̼̝͙̼͐͛͂̃̂͗̒̈̈́̽͌ͧ͌́̚̚͜͝e̸ͥ̄ͬ̄̽͋͞͏̶̥͈̙͚̻̰̝̘̦͝ ̶͗̇̅̇ͮͫ̆̌͌ͯ̽҉͠͠҉͎̦͚̘̖̫̭̝̭͉͈͓͕͓̺̝̘F̰̖̘̖͇̦̣͗̒ͪ̿͛̓̾ͬ̄̇̾̽́̕͘͜͟ͅī̦̤̼͈͓̤͚̯̜͕̤̫̪̗̫͚̺̠̔ͦ̾ͣ̀ͭͧ͋̀̀r̢̛͉̘̟̲̜̻̟͚͌̓̉ͦͥ̔͗́̍͐͛̀e̘̦̥̘̙͓͙̜͚̩̥͈͎̹̪̰͆ͤ̓̾̃͂͂͟͞ ͊ͨͪ̇ͭ͌̓ͨͥ̉̒̐ͩͮ͋ͩ̀͜҉̛̱̞͖̩͔̮̥̥̩͚̳͓͠ͅĖ̷̛̬̰̦̯̬͈̗̠͖͚̮̭̻ͫ͊̈̎̽ͨ̿͑̿̈̂̈́̉ͮ͢m̵̝̹̩̹̣̥͐̓̊͐ͭͪ̄b̷̸̧̟̹͈̪̬̟͎̰͖͎̰͎̙̖̹̣̹̦̓̿ͣͫ̍͆͛́ļ̢͚̯̝̬̞̰͓̙̰̂̓̌̐͌ͪ̓ͤ͆͌̍͠ͅȩ̴̢̨̲̘̦̙̹̬̻̝̮͓̖͚̠̖̎̽̾ͮ̈́̒̿ͦ̐̚̚m̷̢ͧ̈̄̏̉ͬ͢҉͇̙͙̥̱͇ ̖̯͚͖̩͉̙̃̊͂̍̾̾̆́̚͘͝ģ͇̺̣͚̜̹̠̩̦̰͖̄̅͛ͤͣͭ̕͡͞ͅa̸̡̛͙̘͍̻̱ͤͦ̄ͮͦͤ͆͆̋ͫ̈́mͨ͒̂̓ͨͨ͂̈́͐ͩ̑͢͏̷͔͔̟̫̘ę̷̭̙̦̤̞̗̦̥͚̟̠͎͚̼ͮ̐ͭͪ̍ͣͮ͛ͣ̿̈́͟͠ͅͅ?̇̈́ͤͣ͆́ͬ̏̓ͣ̀̚͏̥̗̲̳̞̥̟̼̝̮̜̮͙̖̫̩ͅͅ ̧̤̦͚̹ͫ̏̌̋ͩ̈́̎̆̎ͯ̋ͦ͋ͤ̏̀̀͟ͅF̵̵̧̦͈̹̰͚̤̦̥̠̤̟̩̪̝̭̹͓̼̻̓̌̄ͨ́̒̂̐̓ͥͩͦ̏̌ͯ͜a̬͍̯̣̳̼̮̺̦̟̫ͩ̈́ͮ̊ͯ͂̽̃͆͒̀̚̚̕v̶ͨ̈́ͯͬ̂̀͑ͭ̊ͣ̄̔͆̏̎̚̚͏̨͙͇͓͓̦͓͍̺̮͍̯̣̹̲̥̲̺͝ͅo̸͉̖͓̜̝̘̥͈̗̳̫̘͈͈͒̓ͨ̎͌́͆ͣ̉ͦ̍́̚̕ŗ̛̬̗̙̞̃͌̎ͥͦͯ̅͌͊̂́͗̒̓͑̀ḭ̵̧̧̰͎͙̣̭̘̊ͫ͆̋̇͂̄͌̓̂̒͒̚͟͡ṯ̨̻̬̭̗͇̳̘̟̬̘̻͖̖͚̯̜ͪ͌ͭ̑̇̈́̄̽ͮ͢͝e̲̤̱̮͕̦̗͈̱̞̙̱̪̫̦̭̙͐̌͗ͣ͌ͫ̾͋͌ͦ̍͐͆̃͝͠ ̛̖̰̹͙̑̓̾͑ͯ̋ͤ͗̂ͥ̃̔ͭ͑͛̿ͬ͢͢͝ċ̶ͧͩͨ̎ͭ̃ͮ͊͜͏͖̠͕͙͚̥̙͎h͍̱̗̭̩͎͍͇̭̜͚̙͉͇̰͕̗̱̍̍̐̍ͪ͒̓̓ͩ̋̿̍͂̌ͨ̋ͩ̑͟͝ͅà̭̜̳̰͈̤̻͈̝̃͂̈ͭ̏̓̓̀̚͟rͨͨ̋͑́ͪͬ̒̿҉̸͎̫͚̪̞̯̦̠̘̭͡ͅą̴̺̮̣̀̏ͧ͗̏̓ͯͯ̔ͧ̏̀̚̕̕c͗̇̔ͧ̓͋ͣͯ̈̓̓̓͗̍͛͑̚̚͏̧̻͉͇͖̼͉̝̤̠͚̥̕ț̨͔͈͎̪̻͍̳̝̞̮̭̠̜͙ͮ̈̀̑̀͆͆ͬ͛͘e̴̫̲̣͓̖̪̰̞̣̅͐̏͊̿ͫ̀͞ͅr̵̢̪̗̭̹̙̯͔̣͉̮̣̯̜̎̽ͮ̓́̇̏ͪͮ͐̋̀͘͜͞?̡̨̦̼̣̠̠̥͎̣̟̫̦̣̂͂̽̈́̐ͭͩ̈́ͬͬ͒͌ ̤̱̬̦̺̝͙͍̗̭͕̗͚͉̯̻̂ͣͮ̎̒̏͌͜͟F̨͖̮̮̭͉̮̘̦̈́ͭ̊̿͆̍͒ͫ̑͘aͭ̀̑ͤ́͌̄ͪͩ͊ͬ̂͂̌̿ͪ͠҉̨̜̘̭̫̗̞̳̫̺̳͚̪̼̩͎̥͜ͅv̷̖̣̦̩͖ͭ̆̆̓͒̑̒̊͡oͧ͐͂̓̋͆̊̆̔͂̑̌̀ͨͭ̔ͤ̚͠͏̡͓̰̲̫̤̗̩̻̖̰̞̬̰͖͓̤̥͉͡r̨̮̫̖͈̱̝̤͙̙̝̳̹̐̋̃ͩ̈́ͥ̅ͣ̌͛̆ͧ͊̊̉͌̓̚͢ͅi̐̍ͯ̉ͪ̐ͯ̎ͦ̑҉̡̖̖̘̣̻͕t̶̢͉̲̙͕̰͈͖̞͎͛̂ͣ̓͗ͪ͐͛̋͛̐̔͟͞͝e̴ͯͮ̋̐ͣ͋̓̅̚̚͟҉̬̩̱̠̤̠̭̱͍̬̩ ̛̲̬̻̜͍͖̟͔͉̙͙̟̗͍̘͎͇͙̉̓̈́̉͊̊̿́̓ͬ͝w̛͍͕͚͇̪̙̘̰̦̝͍͖̰̰̪͉̟ͪ̓̆̊̽̌̌̂ͥͤͪ͘͢ę̖̼̗̦̹̲̗̗̹͉ͮ̊̇̏ͧͫ͋̆͛͢a͍̞̯̲̠̞͍̥͙̦̠̩̱̩͐̓̈̑̂̃̄̎ͤ̎̓͐ͧͭͣͩ̕͞ͅp̋ͪ̐͆ͥͪ̐̍̋͑͋͐̓̈́̃͠͏͈̤͙̩͍̭̼̫̟̱̭o͒ͫ͗͊̌͑̔̾̇ͤ̏ͩ̿͂͛͗͞͏̢̩͕̝̣̹̺̪n̡̨̦͚̘̗̺̤̮͙͔̜̝̰̟̻̼ͮ̈ͩ̿̏?̵̴̳̞͓̣͇͔͇͙̯̯̟͔̼̠̱̐̑ͧ̓ͮ̉ͫ͊̀̅̒̎̌͠ ̸̸̢͉̖̜͉̘̳̥͚̰͇̲͎̼̃̄͆̈̿́͘Dͨ͗ͩͯ̃̊ͧͥ͛̀͏͖͔͍͓̠̹̝̦̦̤̭͙͈̟͟ͅi̡̠̯̭̣͙͓̜̟̲̖̦͔͖͔̗ͩ͒̌͂ͣ̄̆ͨ̚͘s̨̲͍̘̲̲̤͈̟͇͔͖̟ͮͥ̑̐̐ͦͨ̿̋̂̏̈́̊̊̐̈́́͟͠͞ͅc̋̌̎͌͐̀ͪͥ̆̿̀͏͕̱͓̖̘̼͕u̷͇̬̖̖̯͈̳̮̤̯͖͙͉ͦͮ̈̄̃̉̑̐ͤͮ͂̔ͣ͗͆̉̑ͦ͑͟s̸̝͕̪̖̳̟͙̬͕̦͙̱̭̦̩̬͍̥̓̀̂̏̀ͤ̋̊͑̄ͭ̅͒̂͘s̾̓ͬ̎́̐̿ͭ̀͏̠̞̳̬͎̥̹͕̠̼̝̯͔̯ͅ ̶̶̴̯̖͓̻̻̲̙͖͙͇̑̈́ͦ͒ͭ͐b̳̣̰̹̲̜̮̪̲̦̜̰̳̓̊̂ͩ̉͛̊͐ͭ̚̕e͒̋ͦͥ̆ͥ́҉͕͎̬̪̺̗̤̦̬̥͎͖̘̤͉̪͇͘ͅḻ̡̨͇̹͕͚͙̫͈̼̺̟͖͚͇̉ͭ̿̅̂ͣ̒̂͗ͧͤ̆̈́ͬ̆͠ǫ̝͖̯̪̰̌͂͂̈́͑̅̕ẘ̸̰̟̘͚̲̅͌ͯ̍̋̏̍ͩ̒ͧͧ́͜!̷̢̞͎̠̳͎͔͇̼̭̭͈̻̱͉͇̐ͭ͂͋͆ͫ̈́̿̚

THIS...

ISN'T...

REALLY HAPPENING!

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Wish they'd re-release Eternal Darkness for the Switch.

Hell yeah.

Imagine all the fucked-up sanity effects they could pull off:

*Fake low battery warning

*Your character constantly walking to the left as if your joy-con were drifting

*HD rumble going off at random times

*Random notifications that people on your friends list are online, except their avatars have empty black eye sockets

*Pretending to take screenshots or video recordings

*Pretending to boot back to your Switch's home menu, except your "recent software" list is blank

*Pretending to boot up the eShop and adding hundreds of dollars to your account without your permission

Just now, Tyranogre said:

Hell yeah.

Imagine all the fucked-up sanity effects they could pull off:

*Fake low battery warning

*Your character constantly walking to the left as if your joy-con were drifting

*HD rumble going off at random times

*Random notifications that people on your friends list are online, except their avatars have empty black eye sockets

*Pretending to take screenshots or video recordings

*Pretending to boot back to your Switch's home menu, except your "recent software" list is blank

*Pretending to boot up the eShop and adding hundreds of dollars to your account without your permission

Nice.

Maybe...

*A your running out of space or memory warning on your Switch 

* A your Switch is starting to overheat warning 

• Chrom pinned, featured and unfeatured this topic
10 hours ago, Pichi said:

Eb9R7B8VcAAroZX.jpg

Eternal Darkness is a survival horror game for the Gamecube with a unique "sanity" mechanic. As you encounter monsters within the game, your character's sanity meter will gradually decrease until they begin to hallucinate. These hallucinations can range from creepy (i.e. your character's head randomly exploding) to outright fourth wall-breaking (i.e. the game pretending to delete all data from your memory card).

Which ties into this chat thread: since some users here have a certain distaste for Fire Emblem and how many chat threads it's had in the past, this thread pretends to be yet another Fire Emblem one, only to reveal that it's actually Eternal Darkness, as if the reader were suffering from a hallucination caused by a low sanity meter.

Given smash DLC is emphasized third parties--with Byleth and Minmin as the only exceptions I think--Steve was inevitable.

I'll be passing on it, personally. I never got around to playing Minecraft (Davy and I just played Terraria whenever we had the 'must build things' itch), and I don't buy Smash DLC unless I've played their game so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Zora
2 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Eternal Darkness is a survival horror game for the Gamecube with a unique "sanity" mechanic. As you encounter monsters within the game, your character's sanity meter will gradually decrease until they begin to hallucinate. These hallucinations can range from creepy (i.e. your character's head randomly exploding) to outright fourth wall-breaking (i.e. the game pretending to delete all data from your memory card).

Which ties into this chat thread: since some users here have a certain distaste for Fire Emblem and how many chat threads it's had in the past, this thread pretends to be yet another Fire Emblem one, only to reveal that it's actually Eternal Darkness, as if the reader were suffering from a hallucination caused by a low sanity meter.

i got the joke and vaguely remember the game but that didn't change my reaction :v
on the sanity note, i feel like it'd be too easy to go too far and make people actually think their shit is broken because stuff goes bad so easily nowadays
especially joycons like that'd be pure evil lmao

18 minutes ago, Zora said:

Nintendo receieved my joycons. One step closer to actually being able to play my switch again lvhappy;

i mean, yes, I could use the TV, but I don't want the entire house to know I'm playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions please understand.

i get extremely self conscious playing animal crossing in front of ppl so like...i get it

getting our joycon back was a dream come true bc now i can decorate in peace

1 hour ago, "Casual Trash" Kirbys said:

My reaction to the new fighter:

Reveal hidden contents

steve in smash owns. minecraft has always been a stellar game and sakurai is a wizard who makes good movesets out of anything
legos were sick growing up i don't even see how that's a burn. legos in a fantasy adventure rpg sandbox world? hell yeah