One line whines

EH_STEVE

On 1/29/2017 at 1:57 PM, EH_STEVE said:

I fucking hate those printers!! I'm practically a surgeon for them, but ours needs a DNR. 

this thing is the bane of our front desk existence but it's the only printer that we can run the audits off of because no one wants to set up the other printers to do it

i eventually just said fuck it and set up one of them but i'll be damned if i'm telling anyone that it's ready to go, they can figure that out on their own

Just now, ??? said:

This sounds like

a really raw deal :/

context: one of the conference service managers is new, told a wedding group of about 300 attendees to "make their reservations online".  worst set of directions you can give as a manager is to let the guest do it themselves, and this threw everyone through the grinder and the buck kept getting passed until i clocked in and saw how much shit wasn't done.  went in, rebalanced the room blocks so those who didn't arrive tonight didn't give up their room (we'll come out about $4,000 ahead if we do it this way, already ran the numbers and forwarded them to the accounting department as a layer of insurance in case anyone bitches).

i also had the father and sister of the bride hovering at the front desk and try to tell me how to do my job while checking people in.  eventually i asked them who was wearing the nametag, the sister got the point and dragged her dad off so i could work.  don't get me wrong, very sweet group but indian weddings are fucking elaborate and i guess they didn't realize how overbearing they were being.

long story short: shit got done, e-mails were sent telling people what i did + why and i still managed to come out about 20 minutes ahead of my deadline for getting the revenue report finished, which i thought was going to be impossible.