Super Mario 3D All Stars Poll

Super Mario 3D All Stars Collection Poll  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which games from the collection have you owned already? (original system or virtual console)

• ALL
    • NONE
    • SM64
    • Sunshine
    • Galaxy
  2. 2. Which game will you play first from the collection?

• SM 64
    • Sunshine
    • Galaxy
  3. 3. Which game is your favorite of the three?

• ALL
    • NONE
    • SM 64
    • Sunshine
    • Galaxy

Burning questions about the collection!

I've owned all 3.

I sold off SM64 for some reason but re-bought (and sold off) SM64DS.  I sold off Sunshine because I hated that damn hotel level so much....  I LOVE SMG.  I did like SMG2 more though.  I have both easily accessible to play on my Wii.

I think I am most interested to play Sunshine again though, maybe the upgrades make it more playable for me and less annoying.  This will be the game I play first.

Next I am most interested to see how the controls from the Wii for SMG get translated to real play on the Switch.

I think the only thing that could have gotten me more interested in SM64 on this would have been if they had upgraded the game to at least the level of that Odyssey stage.

I've owned them all. I'm gonna try out SM64 first and probably play it release order or dabble with all three.

I like all of them roughly about the same amount right now, they're all unique and different enough that I don't really think any of them overshadows the others. Though I'm curious if my opinion might change after playing them all again.

I’m mainly getting this for SMS. Plus, I needed a reason to play Galaxy again. After coming off of SM64 at the time I didn’t like how Fludd was so heavily tired to Mario’s move set in SMS. I only rented the game once back in the day and it was pretty fun. I still I that save file on one of my memory cards. :D For a while I’ve been wanting to fully play SMS, but the price for a used copy quickly skyrocketed. 

As as for which I’ll play first. I’ll just go in chronological order and stat with SM64. Though, I might just get a goods ways through SM64 and then start SMS and finish SM64 later. 

Out of the 3, Galaxy has always been my favorite. I love the whole Mario space thing going on and the uniqueness of running around on planets. That  orchestrated music...It’s so damn good! 

One of my favorite songs from the game...

*1:28-2:10 is my favorite part*

Edited by alienboyva

Own all 3.

Playing SMS first.

Also, PB if not too much trouble can you edit the poll so we can see which member voted for what, if that is TMI. Understandable.

I'm just curious about why so many ppl are playing SM64, it's a classic but one the I'm pretty sure ppl played to death. That game is going anywhere if you don't play it first, why the immediacy? 

1)  I have owned all three, and aside from SMS, in different ways.

2)  I am going to play in order, but maybe not finish in order.  I havent played Sunshine as recently as the others,  but do want to scratch that itch.  

3)  Galaxy is my fav of the three.  I love the story more, love most of the worlds more, and the ending was epic.

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'm just curious about why so many ppl are playing SM64, it's a classic but one the I'm pretty sure ppl played to death. That game is going anywhere if you don't play it first, why the immediacy? 

Yeah, I’ve also played SM64 to death and I could probably beat it in my sleep. The last time I played SM64 was when the DS remake came out and I haven’t played the original game since the N64 days. I just feel like it would be nice to go in I chronological order. Especially, to experience how 3D Mario games have evolved. 

3 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Yeah, I’ve also played SM64 to death and I could probably beat it in my sleep. The last time I played SM64 was when the DS remake came out and I haven’t played the original game since the N64 days. I just feel like it would be nice to go in I chronological order. Especially, to experience how 3D Mario games have evolved. 

I hear a lot of ppl are playing it in chronological order and I respect that but playing SM64 for the sake of playing it is borderline boring? As I said your reason and most makes sense it just seems sort of moot for someone like me not only played SM64 the umpteenth time but I last played like 2 years ago, no lie.

1. I own all three games, and I enjoyed all three more than enough to double dip with this collection. I'm looking forward to the convenience of having all three in one place, and being able to share my experiences better with the Switch's media features. I may have a better opinion of all three games as I play through them this time around. 

2. The first game I think I'm going to play is Super Mario Sunshine. It's atmosphere and energy are both something I'm in the mood for with how 2020 has gone. That said, I've been putting it out there to my little brother the idea of a race through all three games meeting the intended thresholds for beating all three games. If I were to do that, I think I could get through the collection in around 13-14 hours. I did just beat Super Mario 64 DS last weekend to hype myself even more for this collection, so I probably won't want to play SM64 right from the start. 

3. For me, it's a split between Sunshine and Galaxy right now. I'm expecting this collection to give me a clearer idea of how I feel about the two games in comparison to each other. I don't know if my opinion will be elevated with this collection enough for either to become my favorite 3D Mario game, dethroning SM64DS, but I won't say it's impossible. The Switch's media features will bring a big boost to how I view these games. 

I'll probably start with 64 too, just to go in order. I'm going to take the time to play them all, so I'd rather just do it in chronological order, though maybe I'll bounce around a bit. I'm definitely looking forward to playing Sunshine again since I probably know that game the least well of these three. Current favorite is probably Galaxy.

Starting out with 64. Just got my copy today and so far it's pretty good. Camera angles can be a bit wonky at times, but it's still fun. :)

This is my second playthrough, as my first was on my DS.

Only game I didn't have was Sunshine. 

I have Galaxy 1 and 2 for the Wii.

Edited by Doc Brown