Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity announced

I may go ahead and save my money on Pikmin 3 Deluxe and wait to spend my money on this release instead. I did not play the original Hyrule Warriors, even though I did have an interest to do so; however, I have played and beaten Breath of the Wild which I had a great time with. That universe being showcased in a different kind of game genre and filling out/expanding the lore of events prior to Breath of the Wild has me sold. I'm looking forward to playing as Urbosa and Mipha. 

Worth noting that setting the story 100 years in the past has some interesting implications for who else besides the Champions might appear:

*Paya, Riju, Yunobo, and possibly Teba haven't been born yet.

*Sidon is still a baby.

*Impa is still in her prime.

*Purah is roughly the same age as Impa since she hasn't yet had the accident that caused her to age backwards into a loli.

*Hestu might still be around, but he might not cross paths with Link since BotW is the first time they meet each other.

*We might see the previous leader of the Yiga Clan before Kohga rose to power.

*Beedle shows up all over the timeline, so I doubt anyone would mind if he showed up here, too.

48 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Worth noting that setting the story 100 years in the past has some interesting implications for who else besides the Champions might appear:

*Paya, Riju, Yunobo, and possibly Teba haven't been born yet.

*Sidon is still a baby.

*Impa is still in her prime.

*Purah is roughly the same age as Impa since she hasn't yet had the accident that caused her to age backwards into a loli.

*Hestu might still be around, but he might not cross paths with Link since BotW is the first time they meet each other.

*We might see the previous leader of the Yiga Clan before Kohga rose to power.

*Beedle shows up all over the timeline, so I doubt anyone would mind if he showed up here, too.

Don't forget rockstar Robbie.

I either want or least predict, Robbie, Purah and Impa to be playable. I can't believe there's only six characters there's gotta be more in this game.

Beedle will be the guy who trade certain items you find in play that you will trade for materials that you need to make or upgrade weapons for sure, I can see it.

This may be a stretch to put out there but I think this game was leaked accidentally by wrong Zelda title and that would be understandable as VA are not giving the full title or just give a code name for the game. What I am talking about is this:  https://www.inverse.com/gaming/breath-of-the-wild-2-release-date-voice-actor-leaks-rumors

This was back early July about this, maybe this Spanish VA of Revali meant that the VA for Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is done. It is a Zelda game but not the BotW sequel. So if it was under slightly different name or code that is why it may have been accidentally leaked, while trying to tip tor around NDA.

Leaks in general are usually on purpose so something like this may just fly over why this game may seem like it probably didn't leaked but maybe it did in hindsight.

Did Hyrule Warriors' story mode ever use one character for just one or two story missions? I was thinking about Satori Mountain and the idea of the sage being playable in this game. Later on in a separate mission, the Lord of the Mountain would be playable. I'm not sure that they would want to take away from the wonder of the Lord of the Mountain by fleshing out why monsters fear its presence for this game, but I do think it would an interesting roster choice and it is a memorable character within BOTW. Another potentially interesting choice could be one of the dragon spirits as we know already that the calamity targeted Naydra. Maybe play as Naydra in a one off mission around Mount Lanayru. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, DLurkster said:

From what I looked up it is 7am edt and for you it is 6am.

And remember it is a 50 minute playthrough of the game.

7am EST?  A 50m playthrough?

I mean, they are re-releasing all the Champion amiibo so there should be some talk about Amiibo compatibility.  Then there should be some talk about the playable characters and their own deals.  Then, just the content in general for this game as the last game had TONS.

They start their live stream at 9am.....   so which is it?

Edited by purple_beard
16 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

7am EST?  A 50m playthrough?

I mean, they are re-releasing all the Champion amiibo so there should be some talk about Amiibo compatibility.  Then there should be some talk about the playable characters and their own deals.  Then, just the content in general for this game as the last game had TONS.

They start their live stream at 9am.....   so which is it?

I am basing the time off of this community post of someone I subscribe to on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/c/HMKilla/community

I can't remember if there were to presentations but if it isn't 7am wouldn't it be better to be up at that time for 9am? Just saying I'll be up at around 7am to see what happens.

4 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Does someone out there have a spec sheet for what got announced for the game tied to today's video?

Everything is in Japanese so information isn't scarce just not a lot look for but this was the game play that was shown.

And the vid I posted earlier is the trailer they played during the stream I said. That's basically all you need to know what happened today. Anything else as I said was not much and wouldn't understand, anyway.

32 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Everything is in Japanese so information isn't scarce just not a lot look for but this was the game play that was shown.

And the vid I posted earlier is the trailer they played during the stream I said. That's basically all you need to know what happened today. Anything else as I said was not much and wouldn't understand, anyway.

Yeah, watched that a few hours ago.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Yeah, watched that a few hours ago.

How silly of me, I was gonna mention in that post there's another stream schedule for tomorrow morning at 4am edt.

I think I heard there will be another character reveal, not sure about anything else like gameplay or whatever.

EDIT: 10+ things you may or may not of noticed in the gameplay.

Edited by DLurkster