Super Mario Bros. 35 - Battle Royale SMB! | 🍄Playable: 10/1/2020 - 3/31/2021

j52knFK.png

Release Date: October 1st (Playable until 3/31/2021)

Price: FREE (Nintendo Switch Online Exclusive)

Site: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-mario-bros-35-switch/

8DMEFjl.png

You’ve never played a Super Mario Bros. game like this before.

Super Mario Bros. with a 35-player twist
Race against time, defeat enemies, and sabotage your opponents in an online* battle to be the last Mario standing!

Classic Super Mario Bros. gameplay gets an adrenaline boost!
Each player is given the same timed stage, but you must defeat enemies to earn extra time and attack your opponents. Don’t forget to pick up some coins on your way—they can be used to get in-game items like power-ups. With speed, skill, and strategy, you could be the last Mario standing.

Only on Nintendo Switch Online!
Super Mario Bros. 35 is a free-to-download software that’s exclusive to Nintendo Switch Online members.

w25H6JO.png

4FHdHeO.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This looks like a ton of fun! Though, I find it odd this is will only be playable until the end of March next year.

I wonder if they will do events like in Tetris 99? It'd be cool if every now and then they'd change things up and have SMB2, SMB USA, SMB3, SMW. 

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Super Mario Bros. 35 - Battle Royale SMB! | 🍄Playable: 10/1/2020 - 3/31/2021

I'm not sure it if it know I don't like Tetris nor am I good at it. Those facts are are mutually not separate but this kind of battle royal I can get behind and I cannot wait to get started.

Also, this Tetris thing translate to irl too. If one see my fridge show I don't know how to stack things by patterns. I'm always moving like 3 thing before I get to what I want, every. single. time. I just can't and is my only fault with video games.

#IHAVEFAILEDMYFRIDGE

• 3 weeks later...

I played a few rounds and it's pretty fun. It gets nuts when there's a ton of enemies on screen/enemies that shouldn't in certain levels/spots. Though, I don't really get that sense of competing, like with something like TETRIS 99. The highest I've been able to get is 2nd, because i keep getting screwed by the time limit. >_< 

I made it to 2nd place too, and was also done in by the timer once it starts ticking down super quickly. This is also one of those games where, once the match ends, I realize my body has been all tensed up while playing. I probably shouldn't play this for long periods.

Also I like the idea of the item box, including the fact that it's randomized so you can't guarantee that you'll have exactly what you need to stay alive. It's a good little piece of strategy in the mix.

Took a few rounds to get my feet wet and shake off the rust. Then hit #1 five times in a row...

Drop the 50 coins and start with a flower, though if you start in 1-1 you should get a flower before things get hairy anyways.

Speedrun and kill everything. 

Grab your powerups for the extra timer.

Get the Star in 1-1 and blaze through the level.

When you hit 1-2 get your powerup at the start, pass that first section of 'towers', get the Star in the first section of bricks, blaze through every enemy you see.

Use the Warp Zone. Take 1-2 if it's an option so you can repeat the process. If it's not, take 1-1 and repeat the process. If neither are, take what you feel comfortable with.

You don't need to use Fire on Bowser to kill him, the ax is fine, it'll still dump him on someone else.

Start off with "Lowest Timer" for your attacks, then when you get down to like 5 people, swap to most coins to keep them from getting powerups,

Don't be stingy with your coins. You'll want to be in Fire Flower mode as often as possible so you can run and obliterate everything. If you're shrunk to small, take a breather and roll powerups.

After those first few rounds once I picked up on this routine (and I suppose having a decent knowledge of the levels and hidden blocks from decades of playing it), I never got lower than 5th and take 1st or 2nd about 90% of the time.

3 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Took a few rounds to get my feet wet and shake off the rust. Then hit #1 five times in a row...

Drop the 50 coins and start with a flower, though if you start in 1-1 you should get a flower before things get hairy anyways.

Speedrun and kill everything. 

Grab your powerups for the extra timer.

Get the Star in 1-1 and blaze through the level.

When you hit 1-2 get your powerup at the start, pass that first section of 'towers', get the Star in the first section of bricks, blaze through every enemy you see.

Use the Warp Zone. Take 1-2 if it's an option so you can repeat the process. If it's not, take 1-1 and repeat the process. If neither are, take what you feel comfortable with.

You don't need to use Fire on Bowser to kill him, the ax is fine, it'll still dump him on someone else.

Start off with "Lowest Timer" for your attacks, then when you get down to like 5 people, swap to most coins to keep them from getting powerups,

Don't be stingy with your coins. You'll want to be in Fire Flower mode as often as possible so you can run and obliterate everything. If you're shrunk to small, take a breather and roll powerups.

After those first few rounds once I picked up on this routine (and I suppose having a decent knowledge of the levels and hidden blocks from decades of playing it), I never got lower than 5th and take 1st or 2nd about 90% of the time.

For the most part, that's what I've been doing. Though, when it's down to me and another person, I keep getting done in by the time limit. I think it's because there isn't as many enemies being sent my way, so I can keep collecting more time. I always try to stock up on as much time as possible before the timer starts going fast, but it seems to max out at 400 secs. I can see why they'd do this, because they don't want matches lasting forever. Though, from spectating... When it gets down to the last 3-2 people, it still can take quite a while before a winner is determined. 

Edited by alienboyva
7 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

For the most part, that's what I've been doing. Though, when it's down to me and another person, I keep getting done in by the time limit. I think it's because there isn't as many enemies being sent my way, so I can keep collecting more time. I always try to stock up on as much time as possible before the timer starts going fast, but it seems to max out at 400 secs. I can see why they'd do this, because they don't want matches lasting forever. Though, from spectating... When it gets down to the last 3-2 people, it still can take quite a while before a winner is determined. 

Powerups, powerups, powerups. If you don't need em, they add like 15 seconds to your clock. And those Star runs add some nice time. I was down to the final two and sitting on a maxed timer still. And since your focus when you're this close to the win is on getting the powerups for time, you can basically avoid getting coins to keep your speedrunning time.

16 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Powerups, powerups, powerups. If you don't need em, they add like 15 seconds to your clock. And those Star runs add some nice time. I was down to the final two and sitting on a maxed timer still. And since your focus when you're this close to the win is on getting the powerups for time, you can basically avoid getting coins to keep your speedrunning time.

Yeah, I always try to get the power-ups as much as possible, but when the timer starts going fast, it doesn't seem to help as much as I'd like. IDK...Eventually I'll win one. :P 

BTW, getting a bunch of K.O.s doesn't make your attacks stronger, like in TETRIS 99, does it? I've noticed coins/part of coins appearing at the top of other player's screens, which are very similar to the K.O. badges you see in TETRIS 99. I'm not sure if this means how strong their attacks are or if they just have a bunch of coins.

Edited by alienboyva

Well, that didn't take long... -__-

I don't get why people do this. Ooo...Your username is at he top of a leaderboard in a game. You're so cool! >_>

"It's the only recionition I've ever gotten it my life."

I just hope the hacking doesn't go any further than this and actually happen in-game. ...But yeah... These people are just asking to get banned. Why risk getting banned when they have to pay for NSO?

Edited by alienboyva