Celebrate 35 Years of Super Mario Bros - Nintendo Direct

3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

The plot thickens if you don't redeem within a certain time, your screwed but those who were lucky to get a code can redeem anytime.

Talk about screwy, like damn, I feel it for those who weren't able to get a code but at least you saved money on shipping, lol? I dunno?

That's horrible message to see that you can't get a code or the pins are no longer available, like damn man.

Word. I didn't get jack either. Just a shameful loss leader imo.

Screenshot_20200921-154516_Samsung Internet.jpg

I haven't tried in 3hrs and thought to try now after some slow loading to each step to checkout, the order is processed.

I sort of understand why they did the codes to manage the demand but once again Nintendo underestimated the demand, when it came to processing the codes that everybody will be accessing to get so because of that there was a mini uproar and slight panic for those who had the codes and thought they were fucked but those who redeemed to late (who know how and when that period lasted) are the ones who are fucked because the codes determined the limited run.

Good plan with the codes, how it was executed was poor, with anticipating the toll of demand on the website and causing unnecessary panic regardless if one had a code or not.

Again, I am really sorry for those who didn't get a code in time but as I said before at least you don't have to pay for shipping.

They should have just did what they did with the free SSB4 Wii U/3DS soundtrack they gave out via Club Nintendo for purchasing/registering the games. 

BTW, looking at the SMB 35th Direct again, there’s going to be another set of pins...

C5CCA841-51AC-415B-9148-7D57870730D6.thumb.png.be57ddf48485b8a45bd86a1ddd0a7cbd.png

Edited by alienboyva
10 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

They should have just did with the free SSB4 Wii U/3DS soundtrack they gave out via Club Nintendo for purchasing/registering the games. 

BTW, looking at the SMB 35th Direct again, there’s going to be another set of pins...

C5CCA841-51AC-415B-9148-7D57870730D6.thumb.png.be57ddf48485b8a45bd86a1ddd0a7cbd.png

You noticed when you were redeeming the codes, it said set#1 so there has to be another after labelling as that.

And they sort of did provide physical reward with purchasing and registering the game to get the reward the only 3 key difference is they required: 1; web activities, 2; paying a shipping and 3; registering for gold points to get code that will make sure one get a code to get the physical reward.

As I said it was planned alright the execution was just bad as always with anticipating demand. 

21 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

They should have just did with the free SSB4 Wii U/3DS soundtrack they gave out via Club Nintendo for purchasing/registering the games. 

Definitely. At this point, I don't really care. I'd even settle for a $5 eshop code instead. 

Couldn't even find where I could get said code at first fml. They should have said things clearer. 

Edited by Doc Brown
56 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

Wait so the pins have been sold out for how long now? I would have guessed that the credit for participating in the MKT event didn’t show up until the 29th, that the pins would be able to be redeemed until then?

Leave it to me to assume that Nintendo would have handled this well. 

They sold out quickly after they went live @ 12pm PT on 9/21. Though, if you managed to get a coed you're good. You have until 12/22 to use it.

You only needed to complete 4 missions + purchase SM3DAS. So basically, everyone skipped the MKT mission to get the pins. They weren't very clear about this, as you would have only known this by clicking 'More Info' about the pins reward

Edited by alienboyva

A couple of gaming outlets and Nintendo have released videos on Mario Kart Live Home Circuit.

So to make sure the karts have enough speed to turn when you make course track, it is important have 10x12ft of space.

I said that my basement should be big enough and I wasn't wrong but when I measured the free space in my basement it comes up a foot short of 10x11.

Like I said I wasn't wrong by eye to think I had the room but I can't risk in buying this and that foot means when I make courses the turning is gonna be a bitch because I don't have the space or speed. Almost wasted $135 in Canada for this.

• 2 weeks later...

From last week from ppl on reddit in Canada say they got theirs. I'm in Canada where the heck is mine?!?

I was gonna ask i anyone got through with the pins if they got theirs but it slipped me but anyways it looks like now ppl are getting there. I should soon be next.

EDIT: When I checked last week when some Canadians receiving there's, my order is still processing. I guess that is why they said late October as a extreme case, it might for me maybe.

Edited by DLurkster

While in a waiting room venue yesterday I decided to fire up the Galaxy game.  Man, it does look super clean on the portable Switch screen.  But,  in my playthrough of basically the first galaxy I can say that while I think the tapping is probably the best way to grab star bits, doing it while doing other stuff feels cumbersome and I also thought the floating around using the blue star portals kind of annoying with registering the commands it was showing on screen to use to work with them.