Celebrate 35 Years of Super Mario Bros - Nintendo Direct

The 35th SMB anniversary Special Splatfest ended 4hrs ago and it was determined an hour ago that Super Mushrooms won it all.

As I said I was a Super Star and from the very started I kept encounter other Super Star players, it was till early this morning I encounter consistent Super Mushroom player. From start to finish I would say I won 50% of Super Star matched and same goes for Super Mushrooms as well, and there's the end results that I contributed to the cause. I know better with Splatfest to keep going when you reach the max fan level for the side you are on, especially when the side you're on is really popular, as towards the end when most popular side get their max fan levels, that is when the least popular scoops in catches up with popular wins. That explains as I said the surge consistency of Super Mushrooms on the last day of Splatfest. If I had to rate the how many Super Stars battle I faced in the begin, I would say 8 of 10 were Super Stars. I think that's the most I seen battle between oneside in a Splatfest, the most before was maybe like 5 of 10 would face off with each other.

Good Splats for me in the end once I found a groove a weapon that worked for me and stuck with it.

Congrats Super Mushroom, you're the Super Stars of this Splatfest and happy 35th Super Mario Bros too!

Well seems that there’s two more missions added to the Super Mario 35th Anniversary My Nintendo missions page. One requires finding hidden stickers on the SM3DW+BF website, while the other other requires you to find the Super Mario 35th Anniversary article on the Switch news feed and scan the QR code near the end. 

So so now I’m on track to having a chance to get the wave 2 collectible pin set, as soon as SM3DW+BF comes out.

I seen those missions too, I didn't wanna look or tackle the ones I can do so I did some and I still need 5 more as oppose of the 8 before. Also, I feel the more I do the more I feel that if like 2-3 away will seem impossible and why I tried. We will see if more come up, like 2 more coming up will help me with some I know can do eventually down the road.

The mission about reading monthly newsletter, I've been already signed with Nintendo but all I get is survey email for game I recently purchased. I don't think those count toward a mission as their no. Has anyone receive monthly newsletter lately from Nintendo?

P.S. The recently special Splatfest was the 30th held in Splatoon 2, man they were 5 away from being the 35th with the 35th anniversary for SMB....damn.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I actually did and completed the few missions that were still possible to do get the 2nd SMB 35th pins.

Can't say I was lucky the first time I got a code on time but if do the same thing I did before, I can't see how I wouldn't get a code.

Right now I am waiting on Nintendo to fix issue on their side that I have My Nintendo physical reward still in the cart* when I did everything and the kitchen sink on my side fix item in the cart I cannot see. So they told me it can be a few days or few weeks till its fixed. Obviously I will get the code, there's no point waiting till they fix because it is first come first serve and the code goes live less than a week from now February 17th. As long as I have the code, I am no matter how long they have to fix the invisible item in cart. 

*When getting physical items from MyNintendo, you must use a code to put item in the cart. The last time I did this according to Nintendo they still see an items there when that one has been with me over a week ago.

4 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

Man I’m having problems with their website. Ever since I refreshed it a 12, the site won’t load the 15/15 that I had earlier. I’m gonna be mad if the one thing preventing me from getting these pins is something with their website or my internet.

Just about to post this, everyone is experiencing the above. I know last time I was able to get the code straight at 3pm, I heard some got it before at 2:30pm. I tried that I still had the message to wait till 3pm with my 15 completed missions and now we get this for all our troubles.. What may make matter worse this is all happening hours before ND, not sure how much that has to do with this but I think there's is too much hype on the network right now.

I hope this gets resolve soon, this will dies down eventually, right?

I am on the MyNintendo customer support forum, twitter, reddit, and 3 different browser F5ing the reward page to see if anything positive comes up.

I am especially watching the MyNintendo customer support forum, someone on there mentioned they are on hold with their phoneline, to see if they can get answers to what is going on. At least then we can have some sort of idea is going on here.

Here's the link: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/102872

I'm DL on there.

EDIT: I seen someone comment on amiibo Canada subreddit that if you keep F5ing you will get thru, you will just have to get lucky it seems, d'oh.

EDIT 2: So 2 things; the guy who made thread in the link above thinks this might calm down in hour, that is what happened before and last thing is that not only is the mission page not loading properly but all of MyNintendo is not working to so it isn't just this mission. So we gotta be patient and I guess F5 till you get thru.

Edited by DLurkster
1 minute ago, The Albraskan said:

I guess I got lucky since I was able to redeem the code and go to checkout. I have to pay for shipping and state tax I guess, but whatever. 

Same here, pretty much when I got the notification that the ND is pre-live is when everything started to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I was supposed to get this MyNintendo stuff tomorrow but it came today.

Spoiler

Thw2ohr.jpg

These poster first came out around the release of SM3D All-Stars but I didn't have enough MyNintendo Platinum point then and when I did these were out of stock until recently. I vouched these reward quick as I can as soon as they came back and still had enough coins to get them. They are much small then I thought they were, I didn't read the dimension, all I knew I wanted these posters.

Spoiler

tkWNDXs.jpg

The HW: AOC Acrylic Panel Art and SM3DW+BF keychain. Also got the 2021 Calendar but there's nothing much to show with those. 

Hmm, I don't know if this disrespectful or will harm the panel art but I might use that as coaster for drinks. I don't have a frame to hang it so don't know what else to do with it.

• 4 weeks later...