Celebrate 35 Years of Super Mario Bros - Nintendo Direct

Mario goes Super Sai-nyan

Interesting that the mechanics look more like Odyssey than 3D World (big open environments, collecting items, in this case cat tokens). Can't wait to play it though.

Couple other announcements from Nintendo: there are going to be challenge events in Super Mario Bros. 35 where you can earn My Nintendo platinum coins. And they're releasing a Mario-themed Switch, available Feb 12:

(edit: ninja'd)

830543679_medium_mario-themed_switch__case.jpg.19277223c4e700efdc28775f49d1a655.jpg

Edited by Eliwood8

That Mario Switch looks awesome! I like how they went all out with changing the color of the Switch itself and the Joy-Con grip. :)

Some more pics:

Spoiler

ImageImageImage

I kind of feel it would have looked nicer when in the Joy-Con grip if they made the buttons and sticks on the Joy-Con yellow like Mario's buttons. Though, that obviously wouldn't look as good when attached to the Switch.

Edited by alienboyva

New My Nintendo missions are available to get the 2nd SMB 35th Anniversary pin sent...

Too bad I won't be getting the 2nd set, as I have no plans to buy SM3DW on Switch, since I own it on Wii U. Well, at least I got the first pin sent. Though, I really would love to have that SMB 35th logo pin. :( 

🔗https://mario.nintendo.com/missions/

HjHuUMe.png

Edited by alienboyva

Well Mario finally is getting the super in super saiyan, huh?

What is sort of odd is that the Saiyans are based on monkey and for Mario is is cat, still cool and they both have tails.

@alienboyva: Forgot about the 2nd pin set for a sec, it says I have 8 of the 15 missions done but I can't see how I can catch up with even a purchase of SM3DW + BF. Most of the mission expired and from what I can see there isn't a lot now I can do now as missions, hmm?

I really want those pins. The rare times I am out I wear those pins on the jackets I wear and I get asked where I got them from.

@DLurksterI pretty much have the same problem. I didn’t do most of the in game events that expired, so I think I’m going to miss out of the 2nd pin set. I’m pretty mad at Nintendo for having a requirement of 15/20 missions to be completed to unlock the 2nd pin set, while having some missions expired already. But I’m more mad at myself for not thinking the in game event missions wouldn’t matter so much and skipping them. 

I kinda miss the old Club Nintendo system where all you really needed to do was register games then redeem the rewards. But then again I don’t miss the buggy site when everyone tried to redeem the good prizes, and the lack of prizes worth getting from Club Nintendo. 

22 hours ago, alienboyva said:

New My Nintendo missions are available to get the 2nd SMB 35th Anniversary pin sent...

Too bad I won't be getting the 2nd set, as I have no plans to buy SM3DW on Switch, since I own it on Wii U. Well, at least I got the first pin sent. Though, I really would love to have that SMB 35th logo pin. :( 

🔗https://mario.nintendo.com/missions/

HjHuUMe.png

Not even bothering. Since they're nothing more than loss leaders imo. Planning on getting 3d World and Bowser's Fury some day though. 

Edited by Doc Brown

They call Fury Bowser in Japan God Slayer Koopa, that is so sick sick!

Also, meant to post this for a while here but with SM 35th anniversary pin#2 mission most probably knew way from the start of the celebration or recently of the Splatoon 2 special SM 35th anniversary Splatfest of Super Mushroon vs Super Star this Friday to Sunday.

I gonna be playing in it this weekend, it just makes sense to be a Super Star, so that's who I'll be on.