Celebrate 35 Years of Super Mario Bros - Nintendo Direct

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Glad I'm avoiding the game. I mainly have carpeting in my home, doubt I have the space :P, so it's definitely not worth the cost to me.

I have neither space nor the right flooring. Even if I did I doubt I'd get it. Seems like it would get tired easily. Oh and a kitten, that would smack my kart around whenever I wanted to play.

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

I have neither space nor the right flooring. Even if I did I doubt I'd get it. Seems like it would get tired easily. Oh and a kitten, that would smack my kart around whenever I wanted to play.

Yea given the limitations,  I could see how it could get old. Lol, can relate. I have some dogs and a cat who'd probably mess with it. 

Edited by Doc Brown
Nice to see Nintendo is listening. I didn't have any issues with the camera controls in SM64 (I've yet to play the other 2 games), but it's nice to see the option being added and especially, an option for inverse controls when using F.L.U.D.D. in SMS. I still wonder why they felt they needed to remove the inverse controls in SMS that were in the original GCN game...?

Now if only we could get true GCN controller support for SMS (analogue trigger support with GCN adapter).

Edited by alienboyva
16 hours ago, DLurkster said:

In all the recent direct madness, I forgot to post that my pins arrived today.

Reveal hidden contents

ODM1zvZ.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

CCyWz8b.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

9Fk60Ct.jpg

Well there's the late October for me.

Me too. Just got mine yesterday as well. Makes sense since we seem to have ordered around the same time and live geographically close, relatively speaking.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my GAME & Watch Super Mario Bros today. There were no immediate PO's for this thing till the release day on Friday. I missed the one on Amazon.ca few weeks back and they all jacked up prices.

Here are some pic of the device and the box. The box is so nice.

Spoiler

weurFY2.jpg

Spoiler

viY0XD5.jpg

Spoiler

FYiRk59.jpg

Edited by DLurkster

I'm still debating if I want to spend $50 on the SMB G&W. I mean, it's basically just SMB/ SMB2 (The Lost Levels) + G&W Ball and I already have the G&W Ball reproduction from Club Nintendo. Though, I still think the thing is pretty neat and I'll most likely get it before it becomes unavailable at the end of March. I don't think stock will be too much of an issue, as It seems NOA made sure to have plenty of stock to combat scalpers. I've seen some places that sold out on launch day have already gotten more in stock. Even NOA's online store has them in stock, which they also sold out on launch day.

Edited by alienboyva

A heads if anyone gets this or wasn't obvious.

This does not come with AC adapter. (Nintendo cutting cost to save the consume money again?) Knew it was rechargeable.

Mono speaker with no adjust in volume ans like the latest iPhone, no headphone jack. I'm sure the originals didn't have any but it would of been nice to have a headphone jack. You made a color screen. If you can make it rechargeable and have a color screen, what is stopping you from putting a headphone jack? Why stop at standard modernization there?!?

EDIT: My bad I wasn't paying attention, the adjust volume is in the UI when you pause a game, similar like the how you adjust the volume on the N3DS.

Didn't pick up on that.

Edited by DLurkster
  • 1 month later...