Celebrate 35 Years of Super Mario Bros - Nintendo Direct

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury  is coming to Switch- really liked that game on Wii U, though I don’t think i ever finished it 100%

Super Mario 35th Anniversary pins look cool

Getting some Splatoon Mario themed T-Shirts and keychains based on an upcoming Splatfest - those look cool

New Horizons getting Super Mario themed furniture is going to be added to New Horizons at some point - wonder when those will be added?

And Super Mario All-Stars is also coming to Switch Online today.... not that i have an active subscription right now

Though im not complaining about the collection being on Switch too much, just wish it included Galaxy 2 and the games were HD remasters - (and that 64 had content from the DS game too...)

Not really sure about everything else, though 

And kinda wish we had gotten a new mainline Mario Kart on Switch - ah well, im personally not interested in it

I guess i can see the appeal for some others, though... kinda

I agree, remasters of the 3D games would have been preferred but for me just having the games available to play on Switch is appreciated. The limited run is annoying despite it mirroring what they did for the 25th anniversary.

The Mario Kart Home Circuit or whatever looks bizarre but somewhat intuitive. Too bad it really doesn't work well for anyone that has a small area to work with.

Super Mario Bros 35 looks super fun, throwing in a competitive spin ala Tetris 99. Can see that getting extremely hectic and makes the enemy-heavy levels people make in Super Mario Maker into viable 'practice'.

3D World + Bowser's Fury will be great to have on the platform since I didn't play the game on Wii U.

The anniversary love in other Nintendo IPs is really neat. Definitely looking forward to the Animal Crossing: New Horizons furniture.

Seems like not long ago we celebrated the SMB 25 anniversary. I still have the SM All-Stars package they released on Wii with that cool box, music/SFX CD, and booklet.

That SMB G&W looks pretty sweet! I still have the reproduction G&W of Ball they did for a Club Nintendo reward. I need to know a price on this thing... And given Nintendo recent history with stuff like this, It will most likely be impossible to find unless you pre-order (thanks scalpers >__>).

SMB 35 looks like a shit-ton of fun! I remember they was a recent fan game just like this, but with 99 players that Nintendo shutdown. I know they mentioned this is is exclusive for NSO members, but they didn't mention if it was free or not. ???

I literally freaked out when I saw that kid playing a Switch and heard those MK engine sounds (R.I.P. MK9 / Special MK8DX content). That MK live thing thing looks pretty neat, but I don't have room in my house to set up something like this. Plus, I have mostly carpet.

Nice to see we finally get physical My Nintendo rewards. JPN gets them all the time and EUR every once in a while. I hope they don't immediately sellout do to people starving for physical rewards, or cost a bunch of gold coins.

Nice to SMB All-Stars coming to the NSO SNES app, but I much prefer to play the originals, except for SMB2 (SM USA). I've always like how the SMAS version looked compared to the original NES version. BTW, NOS's 3rd year is almost upon us, are you gonna announce a new System for the service (N64, GB,/GBC GB)? Given how SM64 is coming in a special collection I doubt we'd get N64 anytime soon (or maybe just not that game). Anyway, we need an announcement soon!

When heard "Its-a me! Mario!" I was like YES! N64 games on NSO! XD ...But then realized it was for Switch and was like meh. Now I don't hate the game, I really like it, but I played way too much of it back in the day (then again on the DS remake). I can literally beat this entire game in my sleep. :D  Anyway the collection looks great. I'll mainly get it for SMS as I only rented it once. After coming off SM64, I didn't really care for how Mario's movers were like all tied to Fludd. Kind of bummed they didn't throw in SMG2 as well. Both galaxy games are absolutely fantastic, but I feel SMG2 has a bit more creative level design.  I needed an excuse to go back a replay SMG anyway. I'm surprised this is coming out so soon and that the physical copy (even digital version) is a limited run.

Edited by alienboyva

Artificial scarcity aside, there are two things that I'm concerned about in 3D All-Stars:

1. In Sunshine, FLUDD had a few moves that required pressing the R button lightly without clicking it all the way (i.e. shotgun blast, run-and-spray). The Switch's shoulder buttons aren't pressure-sensitive like the Gamecube's were, so how will these moves work?

2. How will Galaxy work on the Switch Lite if you can't detach the joy-cons? That game revolves entirely around the motion controls.

I know the 3D All-Stars game was long rumored but it was still a nice surprise to see it laid out in a Direct! I agree though, shame that it doesn't do a little bit more (more remastering than just higher resolutions, and including Galaxy 2), but I'm still interested in replaying Sunshine since I don't think I've played that one pretty much since its original release.

And am I prepared to re-purchase and replay all of 3D World just to check out this new Bowser's Fury content? Hm. Yeah probably!

29 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

That SMB G&W looks pretty sweet! I still have the reproduction G&W of Ball they did for a Club Nintendo reward. I need to know a price on this thing... And given Nintendo recent history with stuff like this, It will most likely be impossible to find unless you pre-order (thanks scalpers >__>).

SMB 35 looks like a shit-ton of fun! I remember they was a recent fan game just like this, but with 99 players that Nintendo shutdown. I know they mentioned this is is exclusive for NSO members, but they didn't mention if it was free or not. ???

Press release says MSRP for the G&W Super Mario Bros. is $49.99.

It doesn't specify if SMB 35 is free or not, but it seems likely, especially since it's only available for a limited time.

15 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Artificial scarcity aside, there are two things that I'm concerned about in 3D All-Stars:

1. In Sunshine, FLUDD had a few moves that required pressing the R button lightly without clicking it all the way (i.e. shotgun blast, run-and-spray). The Switch's shoulder buttons aren't pressure-sensitive like the Gamecube's were, so how will these moves work?

2. How will Galaxy work on the Switch Lite if you can't detach the joy-cons? That game revolves entirely around the motion controls.

1. The Switch's controllers do have more buttons than the Gamecube's, they'll most likely just remap those actions to other buttons. Or maybe a toggle between different modes?

2. Surely there are other motion-heavy games, playable on the Switch Lite, that we can compare this to. I don't have a Lite so I can't say first-hand how motion-heavy games work on the system though.