Tazmily Village - N4A Chat Thread - September 2020

April

"incel" has had a pretty clear meaning for the vast majority of its use towards identifying people who are often extremely misogynistic and have victim complexes pertaining to framing women as agitators in situations when most of the time it's an extremely warped worldview of women just not wanting to be treated like shit.

It's not coincidental that incels have a lot of overlap with other communities like videogames or anime where women are seen more as objects to collect or archetypes only meant for male characters to interact with than actual people. y;

yeah i'd maybe give you that if there weren't a lot of people who deliberately make being an incel part of their identity and do exactly what @Edie Napier mentioned

i was depressed and a virgin until 23 when i hooked up with a stranger online and had a really uncomfortable experience. and then i was just regular depressed theydonothing;
but still before then i managed to not build an entire worldview of women's bodily autonomy and sexual rights somehow both oppressing me and also ruining society apparently

I do think there is truth to what both Tyranogre and Edie Napier are saying.

"Incel" is absolutely thrown about as an insult online without any consideration to what it actually means, as are the likes of "cuck," "SJW," and "Nazi,." All of these terms are thrown about as generic insults meaning "person I disagree with," some more than others. 

I don't think "incel" has lost its meaning yet. It's not like the aforementioned "nice guy." When I hear "nice guy," I think it's an insult, rather than an actual nice guy. And when I hear "incel," I want to keep hearing "incel," not an insult. I don't want it to lose its meaning. 

Edited by blcdude1
23 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

3D All-stars is my first time playing the OG Super Mario 64.

I can't tell whether my deaths are due to clunky controls, faulty Switch emulation, or the fact that I'm a casual babby who grew up with the DS remake.theydonothing;

yes.
it's clunky and the momentum is pretty unforgiving compared to later games

4 hours ago, Pichi said:

mission clear condition
get a perfect game

Thank you for helping me out. The game (not the baseball match lol) is fun but sometimes I really need to brush off getting back to learning Japanese. 

Let's just say the reason I got into it was the game looked fun to play. and not because Bandai Namco characters are made into anime characters that play baseball lol 

Edited by "Casual Trash" Kirbys
3 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

3D All-stars is my first time playing the OG Super Mario 64.

I can't tell whether my deaths are due to clunky controls, faulty Switch emulation, or the fact that I'm a casual babby who grew up with the DS remake.theydonothing;

the momentum of mario is so neat lol but it is weird after playing more modern games where the character tends to handle much differently. Mario has like a ton of weight to him in SM64 that he doesn't in the following games, it took me a while to get readjusted to.

thoughts on symphonia after 10 years or something like that:
still just as fun as it was back in the day. i played it so much back then i still had muscle memory for gamecube control layout and had to fix the pc setup lol. somehow i was pretty bad at the game back in the day despite playing it a lot (maybe cause i spaced my playthroughs). long combos and the battle system in general feel way more fluid than they used to. although it's a pain in the ass how easy it is to get stuck facing the wrong way when targets die.
been playing as colette throughout the early game and it makes me kinda sad that her design kinda sucks to play as. despite having a setup that seems to suggest you should attack from a distance, it's so slow that it's basically useless. and they couldn't even bother to give her a fucking 3-hit basic combo.
despite that i have her as strong as lloyd and kratos right now theydonothing;
i never realized the AI just flat out ignores some commands or does really confusing things with them. "block magic" just straight up gets ignored. if i set genis to "at once" he just freezes if he doesn't have any TP. like damn bro i just want you to stop rushing in when you still have like 30 left. use skills freely ended up being more useful lol
japanese sub option is really nice since i can't keep up with japanese cutscenes. voiced skits not being available in english was a real shame.
locked 30fps on the PC port that even community mods can't fix is sad. fucking rip.
the plagiarism of ffx is really obvious this time around lol
more to come when i beat it maybe. just got sheena but might not play as her the whole time like i usually did y;

Edited by Pichi