Tazmily Village - N4A Chat Thread - September 2020

April

Officer D. is really a d to get in the remaster. Finish the custom character’s challenges?... That stupid half pipe challenge can burn in Hades land for all I care. If I wanted to see Jack Black... I’d see him in anything else. The best part of those original games were the cheats. There’s a mod mode thing, but I’m not going out of my way to send more frustrating hours on a character I will make a brother of him: Officer Jerk. He’s not on my nerves a lot more. 

I should sleep now. I love the games, but I spent unnecessary time on a gag character. This doesn’t even have Spidey! 

Tony Hawk PS1&2. 

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams
1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

I'm still hesitant on getting it. I never played 2, I really only want 1. And 3 if it were an option.

I can recommend it 110%. I have an insane amount of nostalgia for THPS 1+2 and this remake lived up to the hype. It feels great to play, it’s really good to look at, and it nails the feel of those games perfectly. 

Plus it has Jack Black in it and he’s hilarious. Officer Dick is great. 

Just now, ace said:

I can recommend it 110%. I have an insane amount of nostalgia for THPS 1+2 and this remake lived up to the hype. It feels great to play, it’s really good to look at, and it nails the feel of those games perfectly. 

I remember Officer Dick from the original(s). Maybe I'll trade Luigi Mansion 3 towards it...

30 minutes ago, ace said:

But like I said, a pain to get. So not worth it. 

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams
22 minutes ago, ace said:

??? 

Officer Dick is super easy to get? If anything else the other secret character is the tricky one. 

I have spent two hours of that B.S. Halfpipe dream challenge. I can’t seem to get the balance and timing right, and that’s with changing the character’s stats. It’s a requirement to get Officer D, and you can’t use mods for it!

1 hour ago, EH_STEVE said:

One of my best achievements in the first game was completing all challenges in the first level in a single, long-ass combo.

They actually added in a super cool speed run mode that lends itself to trying stuff like that

1 hour ago, ace said:

2 hours? For a 20,000 point combo? The half pipe in the Warehouse level; do a grab, revert, and lip trick. That’s one of the easy ones...

Irony is that you’re right. Even I was like: That was all?! Thanks, YouTube. 

I’m going for that 25+ Combo with 1 Special No Grinding one. I saw a video Flips into reverbs into manuals, and repeat. I guess that’s the only trick, even though the timing seems way too small for error.  

At least I learned a trick where you can turn on and off the mods to make some of the challenges easier.

14 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Irony is that you’re right. Even I was like: That was all?! Thanks, YouTube. 

I’m going for that 25+ Combo with 1 Special No Grinding one. I saw a video Flips into reverbs into manuals, and repeat. I guess that’s the only trick, even though the timing seems way too small for error.  

At least I learned a trick where you can turn on and off the mods to make some of the challenges easier.

just start double tapping buttons while doing a manual or grind to modify your tricks. Makes the combo count go up way faster 

>join the swim club so I can look at girls in swimsuits

>turns out it's all a bunch of dudes in speedos; the only girl is the manager

>well, at least the manager is cute

>and the one dude in the swim club that I can talk to seems chill enough

>try to enter the home eco club room

>can't because there's a sign on it that's in a foreign language that I'm too stupid to read

>continue studying until I'm "average"

>sign says "you never came", presumably because I spent too much time studying that I missed whatever cutoff date that the game never told me about

>help out a classmate who wants to bone his teacher; nice

>Mitsuru ropes me into joining the student council

>the one guy in there is kind of a douche, but at least I don't have to actually sit through any boring meetings

>try to advance further into Tartarus

>get my ass kicked because my Personas aren't strong enough

>try to grind so my Personas can get stronger

>get tired

>have to waste a whole day resting until I'm not tired anymore

When does Persona 3 start getting good?

... I don't know from the game itself, but about the halfway point is where things get really interesting. Though, I just seen the anime, because I know Persona 3 has some things I might not particularly like gameplay-wise. 

The story gets REALLY dark and sad... even if the parts you went through seem kind of tedious. The next two games improve on those aspects a lot better, IMO.