Tazmily Village - N4A Chat Thread - September 2020

April

3 hours ago, skycandy said:

i have that mindset abt any pet, definitely a big investment for sure y;

would b fun tho given the chance 

no pets allowed here :(

Not even a little 10 gallon betta tank? That's mega lame. Betta fish are easy to care for and really pretty to look at

Just now, skycandy said:

i have that mindset abt any pet, definitely a big investment for sure y;

would b fun tho given the chance 

no pets allowed here :(

if only you knew how many "no pets allowed" apartments i had pets in when i was growing up y;

Just now, ace said:

If you use the direct link you can still get in

https://forums.nsider2.com/

PFFFT DONATIONS

lol it turned into tapatalk. all their sites have that, even my old invisionfree forum that i made in 2008.

really gotta wonder where the money would be going if somebody actually clicked that link

Edited by Pichi

i tried to log in but nothing worked. no idea if my account even exists any more lol.

in my case, though... if the swap to Ninfora hadn't happened, i probably wouldn't be active for so long the way i am here

every time i went back to NS2 i ended up fading again after a couple of weeks. i think my last really active period was like 2011.

Edited by Pichi
6 hours ago, ace said:

Not even a little 10 gallon betta tank? That's mega lame. Betta fish are easy to care for and really pretty to look at

tbh we could prob hide that in here just fine since fish don't make noise lol

since i started living here i havent seen the landlord even once 

... I don't know if I'll ever finish that game. Not in the mood for it right now.  

I've been playing Final Fantasy X though. I have a lot of conflicting emotions about that game, but some of my complaints and nitpicks are gone. I think I'm about 3/4ths the way of defeating this game, which even surprised me. I'll talk about it more when I finally make a stupid thoughts review on it. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.   

Final Fantasy X is good, but it's aged poorly. Writing is nonsensical coupled with the awkward animation and scene direction. The romance between Tidus and Yuna falls flat with Tidus being a selfish ass-clown and Yuna being a complete doormat. The combat system is excellent and something I've yet to see matched in any RPG. What would be a nice improvement is if non-active team members gained experience points too, even if only a fraction. The presentation in it's themes and music are enchanting. When I first played the game, I was used to more bombastic soundtracks, but I came around to enjoy the atmospheric tracks. Whether I can recommend FFX is a matter of how much awkward scene direction you can handle or if you're looking for a good battle system.

I think as I've gotten older, I've come to see that JRPGs are just kinda bad in story. Even Persona 5, the claimed JRPG of the generation, falls under being a male power fantasy of defeating those rotten adults and everyone wanting to stroke your ego .

Edited by Youngster Joey
27 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

I think as I've gotten older, I've come to see that JRPGs are just kinda bad in story. Even Persona 5, the claimed JRPG of the generation, falls under being a male power fantasy of defeating those rotten adults and everyone wanting to stroke your ego .

Hey. Chad from Persona 4 did the buddy buddy thing first. And he has it easier. No wonder why everyone makes memes about how he has the gravitational pull of friendship.

1 hour ago, Youngster Joey said:

Even Persona 5, the claimed JRPG of the generation, falls under being a male power fantasy of defeating those rotten adults and everyone wanting to stroke your ego .

But... how is that a bad thing?y;

Power fantasies are one of the basic cornerstones of not only video games, but fiction as a whole.