R.I.P. Chadwick Boseman

Ridley Prime

Figured there might've been a thread or something on it by now, but really caught me off guard last night. He was battling that colon cancer too during the last few years while filming the Marvel stuff. Can understand keeping something like that close to the chest, but still, what a guy. Another legend lost too soon.

Wasn't expecting to see it again anytime soon, but ended up rewatching Black Panther earlier today for the occasion. I guess this'll make people even more appreciative of the film retroactively, as it kinda did for me there. I know a Black Panther 2 was planned, but not sure what'll become of it now; guess it depends on how far along it already was in production, tho regardless, Wakanda forever.

So apparently the Marvel staff knew of his conditions but I don't think his cast mates knew nor of course the public. So of course this was a shock to hear for all and what brave and honorable man to still makes movies and TV series. He didn't had to and even if he didn't Chadwick Boseman is a great guys so this just makes him all the better.

Thank for your hard work and dedication, you will missed, rest well and WAKANDA FOREVER!!!

I almost didn't want to believe it when Krazy told me.  I was just browing the net on my phone and saw no mentioned and then a few moments later he brings it up and I go back to check and again and sure enough a lot of the legit media sites out there were confirming it.

It's wild that he was able to do all that he did while going through that.  Even more is not even knowing he was sick so when it was revealed he died from cancer I'm just like... "how?  WHEN!?". He is for sure more than just Black Panther but his take on that role along with other movies really helped to put a spotlight on the importance of the culture and what it means to have representative icons. 

One thing I really liked about the past several years from a superhero standpoint is how there have been a few movies that went against presumption that certain minority led roles would not be enough to carry high budget feature length films.  I loved that Wonder Woman did for young girls what Black Panther did for young black children and both were breakout successes in their respective runs with a lot of cultural weight behind them.

Black Panther and Wonder Woman Empowering Heroes by LucianoVecchio on  DeviantArt

On 8/30/2020 at 5:59 PM, Kezay said:

I almost didn't want to believe it when Krazy told me.  I was just browing the net on my phone and saw no mentioned and then a few moments later he brings it up and I go back to check and again and sure enough a lot of the legit media sites out there were confirming it.

It's wild that he was able to do all that he did while going through that.  Even more is not even knowing he was sick so when it was revealed he died from cancer I'm just like... "how?  WHEN!?". He is for sure more than just Black Panther but his take on that role along with other movies really helped to put a spotlight on the importance of the culture and what it means to have representative icons. 

One thing I really liked about the past several years from a superhero standpoint is how there have been a few movies that went against presumption that certain minority led roles would not be enough to carry high budget feature length films.  I loved that Wonder Woman did for young girls what Black Panther did for young black children and both were breakout successes in their respective runs with a lot of cultural weight behind them.

Black Panther and Wonder Woman Empowering Heroes by LucianoVecchio on  DeviantArt

Its because they went quality movie first.

Hopefully WW1984 keeps the quality up.

I think that Black Panther 2 will be tough to do because you have got to find the right guy to play that role now, it can't just be anyone.