Recently been gaining a big interest in vampires.

Sol Badguy

After watching Strike the Blood, thanks to a WatchMojo I watched about the Top 10 Insanely Powerful Anime Vampires that got me to hear about the show, my interest in vampires has really grown, thinking of them in different ways when it comes to abilities and such.  This DOESN'T mean I'm going to decide to watch the Twilight movies, because fuck those abominations, but at the same time, I've recently decided to redo a fanfic of mine that has an OC now being a vampire.  Not to mention--and this is going to sound REALLY juvenile--I've thought about existing in an alternate universe where I become a vampire in the same type as Kojou Akatsuki from Strike the Blood (though more recently, that OC I mentioned for my fanfic I'm redoing) where I not only have all the usual traits of a vampire like enhanced strength, durability, agility, stamina, senses, as well as being immortal, but I also have access to the awesome familiars I can summon that I feel I could really do good with when it comes to stopping those who would destroy us through capitalism, and kill politicians that are ruining this country, all while just trying to live a quiet life like I am currently now (I've recently moved back to Pleasant Grove, and have got my own trailer I'm currently living in, settling in quite nicely).

What about the rest of you?  What supernatural creatures do you have a big interest in?

2 hours ago, Sol Badguy said:

where I not only have all the usual traits of a vampire like enhanced strength, durability, agility, stamina, senses, as well as being immortal, but I also have access to the awesome familiars I can summon

Is there an anime character stronger than Madara Uchiha? And I'm referring to Rinne Tensei Madara Uchiha with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikidou paths ability) equipped with his Gunbai and control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, a complete Susano'o, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in his chest so he can perform Mokuton kekkei genkai and yin-yang release ninjutsu as well as being extremely skilled in taijutsu and bukijutsu.

i never really got into mythical creatures in any way tbh. i feel like pokemon probably fully occupied that part of my brain lmao

5 hours ago, Pichi said:

Is there an anime character stronger than Madara Uchiha? And I'm referring to Rinne Tensei Madara Uchiha with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikidou paths ability) equipped with his Gunbai and control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, a complete Susano'o, with Hashirama Senju's DNA implanted in his chest so he can perform Mokuton kekkei genkai and yin-yang release ninjutsu as well as being extremely skilled in taijutsu and bukijutsu.

i never really got into mythical creatures in any way tbh. i feel like pokemon probably fully occupied that part of my brain lmao

Well, probably Saitama from One Punch Man.  And Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo.

As far as supernatural creatures are concerned I've always really liked Golems.  And I'm not gonna narrow it down to specific types, I like em all from the traditional mud/clay style to the more modern and sophisticated clockwork style.  I think I prefer the traditional just because they can take on any form depending on who forges and enchants them.  They don't have to be hulking boulders they're often portrayed as.

Been drawn to werewolves, dragons and vampires since I was a kid. Always found them to be fascinating.

Really have been having fun playing Infamous 2's add on, Festival of Blood. It's such a blast being able to play as a vampire. 

Edited by Doc Brown
On 8/27/2020 at 12:47 AM, Doc Brown said:

Been drawn to werewolves, dragons and vampires since I was a kid. Always found them to be fascinating.

Really have been having fun playing Infamous 2's add on, Festival of Blood. It's such a blast being able to play as a vampire. 

Yeah, dragons are awesome as well, especially since I watched Green Scorpion's Top 10 Video Game Dragons.  But for my tastes, vampires just seem to have the overall dominating factor when it comes to them being greater than other monsters, or maybe that's just because of the kind of status that Dracula holds in the Castlevania games.

I really love dragons, but I dislike a lot of dragon media because a lot of it is dragons as adversaries / weapons / pets. I much prefer dragons as elegant and proud mythical beings of wonder, or at least deep characters in their own right that have a particularly non-human worldview and way of thought. Thankfully, I've been finding media, particularly books, that do that well (Seraphina by Rachel Hartman has my favorite imagining of how dragon minds work, so far), and I've been writing my own as well. I'm always looking for more, though.

Yeah, I'm all for a more fresh take on how dragons are handled, like with Dragonheart or something. The kind of relationships they have with humans in those I usually found endearing at least.

Vampires and such are okay (whether in anime or other mediums), but really depends on how they're done for me. Suppose I'm more drawn to fiery creatures at the end of the day though, like dragons and phoenixes.

5 hours ago, Zovistograt said:

I really love dragons, but I dislike a lot of dragon media because a lot of it is dragons as adversaries / weapons / pets. I much prefer dragons as elegant and proud mythical beings of wonder, or at least deep characters in their own right that have a particularly non-human worldview and way of thought. Thankfully, I've been finding media, particularly books, that do that well (Seraphina by Rachel Hartman has my favorite imagining of how dragon minds work, so far), and I've been writing my own as well. I'm always looking for more, though.

Well, that's the good thing about a dragon like Bahamut from Final Fantasy, because as The Green Scorpion, he's pretty much filled every possible role one can.  For me, I like the kind of stories where dragons are seen as gods, like in Fire Emblem.  Hell, in Shadowrun, dragons literally are gods.

4 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Yeah, I'm all for a more fresh take on how dragons are handled, like with Dragonheart or something. The kind of relationships they have with humans in those I usually found endearing at least.

Vampires and such are okay (whether in anime or other mediums), but really depends on how they're done for me. Suppose I'm more drawn to fiery creatures at the end of the day though, like dragons and phoenixes.

Phoenixes I more or less put in the same category as dragons myself, and Fire Emblem Fates seemed to do so as well when concerning certain Dragon Veins.