Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Available 10/30

Wow how many exclusives does that leave the Wii U now? Super Mario 3D World and Xenoblade Chronicles X are the only big ones that come to mind, or at least the ones that people are likely to really want.

I hope that this is a build up to a brand new Pikmin 4 though. I liked Pikmin 3 but I'm not sure I'm gonna buy it again.

I was so busy this morning I bypass this notification on my phone. Thought to look through my phone to find out it is this.

Well Nintendo you have put us or me for the matter on roller coaster with delivery news this year. With a new Paper Mario and now this, that was a part of the rumored games to come out this year along with Mario 35th anniversary.

From this point till the end of the year Nintendo, we Gucci now. Whatever you may show disappointing or not I will not doubt what you have to offer no more. This mean what was foretold will occur in time and we must have patience.

I'll see ya in 3 weeks Nintendo for next news delivery, whether it be by tweet or direct. All will be revealed.

Pikmin 3 is my least favorite Pikmin game of the four, but I also feel like the Wii U got in the way of the game, at least that's how I remember my experience. It was a short experience, I don't recall getting to the game's third boss. Being the only Pikmin game I haven't beaten, I would like to do so and this seems like the perfect opportunity. While I enjoy Hey! Pikmin for what it is, having a traditional Pikmin experience on the go is too good to pass up even if it is a Wii U port this late in the Switch's life. 

I'm interested to know the duration of Olimar's and Louie's side missions, as the description sounds like a retread of Pikmin 2. It'll be interesting to see Pikmin 3's world from the perspective of value as opposed to survival with the fruit juices. The side missions may be more my speed as I felt that having three active captains might have been overdoing it in Pikmin 3. I could feel differently later this year though now that I won't be looking at the Wii U Gamepad. 

The Piklopedia is a big deal to me as it's world building and will lead to the game feeling more immersive. The world felt like it lacked that extra layer that got me more into Pikmin 2 before and Hey! Pikmin later. It seems like Alph, Brittany, Charlie, Olimar and Louie will all have comments about PNF-404's life based on the screenshot and they should all have their own spin on these creatures. In that respect, the Piklopedia will also help elevate the character of Pikmin's three newest captains. 

• Chrom featured this topic
  • 4 months later...
10 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Pikmin 3 Deluxe - Festivity Trailer - Nintendo Switch - YouTube

Saw this pop up in my youtube screen.... is this a DLC pack for the game or some later level that happens to have a winter theme?  The video released by Nintendo today.

It was DLC in the Wii U version. Looks like they are providing access to it again. I was wondering what happened to it...