Mineral Town - N4A Chat Thread - August 2020

Spring

Been revisiting Minecraft and messing around with modding and there’s some mods here and that cause it to lag and stutter considering how large and how much memory they took up

And them there’s some mods that require other mods/libraries in order to work...

So looks like there’s some mods I won’t be able to use right now - probably would need an

extremely beefy computer with a lot of memory and storage to use them... which won’t happen for quite a long time

So looks like im going to have to be a bit selective on which mods i use

Unfortunate, considering i like some of these mods...

Granted i have absolutely no idea how some of these even work and will have to look into them in order to figure that out

I decided to start using the poor man’s virtual console you get through Nintendo Online subscription, and started replaying a few games.

My son really enjoys watching me play Donkey Kong Country and Yoshi’s Island right now, which is fun. I am also enjoying replaying Zelda. :) Obviously still wish it was, you know, NOT so barren but oh well...

>watching Youtube videos

>an ad starts playing

>immediately click "dislike" on the ad, because I dislike all ads on priniciple

>Youtube forces me to watch the rest of the ad anyway

>it's some kitchen soap commercial or someshit I don't fucking remember

>but it featured a lesbian couple

>continue watching Youtube videos

>another ad starts playing

>again, immediately click "dislike" before being forced to watch the rest of it

>this time it's an Uber commercial about their new "no mask, no ride" COVID policy

>fast forward to today

>visit Youtube homepage

>at the top of the screen is a gigantic, unskippable ad for he-who-must-not-be-named's re-election campaign, complete with an equally-obnoxious banner

Does Youtube's algorithm think I'm a GOP member? All I did was dislike some ads... matty;

Don't get me started on the President ones. SERIOUSLY, LEAVE ME THE F ALONE, MR. HOME ALONE 2 GUY!

Ahem. 

I finally beat IX. For me, it's top 3 of the FF games I've played. Now, I can play X, a game where the main character is really intolerable, the story stinks, but it has one of the best combat options, or skip to XII, where the main character is inconsequential, and the combat replicates an MMORPG, but the story is like Star Wars, and takes place in the Ivalice world, FFT justice there. FFXV is going to be the last game I play in the series till XVI comes out... or I play more XIVH. Any thoughts here? 

Thanks for that image, Pichi... my braaaaaaaaaaaain. 

Maybe convoluted is more like it. ...Then, again that would be ALL Final Fantasies. I just heard that the story makes no sense. Then again, that could apply to most of the games as well. 

And, after seeing the post above me, I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing. Maybe I mean the stuff that happens to and happens because of Tidus, Seymour, Rikku, Wakka, and Yuna. Maybe I don't like characters that have horrible motives or do stuff that doesn't make sense. Then again, I somehow enjoyed Kingdom Hearts, Far Cry 4 & 5, Ace Attorney Investigations, Apollo Justice, Phoenix Wright: Justice For All, Fire Emblem Revelations, Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Detective Pikachu, the Gen 7 Poke'mon games, and Dragon Ball FighterZ, even though they too have their problems with characters and/or their own stories. I guess you'd call me a hypocrite there or someone who has guilty pleasures. 

... Maybe it's Tidus himself as the main character that doesn't sit well with me. I didn't like Fire Emblem Echoes... because I didn't like what Celica did in her part of the story. If I don't like a character for one single thing, that sometime tends to sway my opinion of a game sometimes. And, with Tidus' infamous reputation and his childish and whiny voice, he's the main reason I hesitate to play X.  

Edited by Link, the Hero of Dreams

Tidus is kinda dumb but the story is the big fuckin feels. You can get a simple mod to change the PC version to Japanese VA + English subtitles if you don't like the voices.

Edited by Pichi
18 minutes ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Thanks for that image, Pichi... my braaaaaaaaaaaain. 

Maybe convoluted is more like it. ...Then, again that would be ALL Final Fantasies. I just heard that the story makes no sense. Then again, that could apply to most of the games as well. 

And, after seeing the post above me, I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing. Maybe I mean the stuff that happens to and happens because of Tidus, Seymour, Rikku, Wakka, and Yuna. Maybe I don't like characters that have horrible motives or do stuff that doesn't make sense. Then again, I somehow enjoyed Kingdom Hearts, Far Cry 4 & 5, Ace Attorney Investigations, Apollo Justice, Phoenix Wright: Justice For All, Fire Emblem Revelations, Professor Layton X Phoenix Wright, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Detective Pikachu, the Gen 7 Poke'mon games, and Dragon Ball FighterZ, even though they too have their problems with characters and/or their own stories. I guess you'd call me a hypocrite there or someone who has guilty pleasures. 

... Maybe it's Tidus himself as the main character that doesn't sit well with me. I didn't like Fire Emblem Echoes... because I didn't like what Celica did in her part of the story. I

You heard the story makes no sense? You're not pulling one of these moves are you?

NwZN8tC.jpg

I'd start with Final Fantasy X just because it's a shorter commitment. FF12, unless you rush through it, is a very long game and I feel FF12 just isn't the worst of you game you should rush through since it's meant to be a nonlinear adventure.

I'm not the biggest fan of FFXs story, but mostly because "yoinked into another world" just isn't a plotline I'm super fond of except if it involves giant medieval robots, apparently. But FFX has a lot of thought and effort put its worldbuilding, so it's still worth playing for its story at least once.

Edited by Zora
2 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

You heard the story makes no sense? You're not pulling one of these moves are you?

NwZN8tC.jpg

... Guilty as charged.

7 minutes ago, Pichi said:

Tidus is kinda dumb but the story is the big fuckin feels. You can get a simple mod to change the PC version to Japanese VA + English subtitles if you don't like the voices.

Is there an option for that in the Switch version? If not, maybe I'll just mute every cutscene then. I can always listen to the soundtrack on YouTube anyways. I wonder if there's a jukebox thing as well in that game.