Mineral Town - N4A Chat Thread - August 2020

Spring

Getting close to finishing the Alola Dex in Ultra Moon

Few days ago i caught all the Tapus... a couple if them were extremely annoying considering whatever catch rate they have - eventually got them

Just caught Zygarde yesterday - it was 100% easier than having to track down those Cells/Cores in Moon, thankfully

Granted i used a Roto Catch Power, so i think that helped a lot....

That just leaves Type:Null, Poipole/Nanagadel, Nihilego, Stakastaka, Blacephelon, Pherosma, Xurkitree, Celesteela and Guzzlord to 100% the Alola Dex

going to have to trade for one of them since I don’t have Ultra Sun, but... eh, i have some UBs to spare

Thinking i could track down one of each UBs via Ultra Wormholes to catch for Pokédex purposes first and shiny hunt later - I’ve heard there’s infinite amounts of them, but need to double check that..

Im very tempted to Shiny hunt them since those aren’t shiny locked....  no idea how much the shiny charm affects shiny rate for them, though

Probably need to research a bit more first - but probably will try tracking down the Ultra Beasts first

Edited by Shadow118

I decided to start Legend of Galactic Heroes the other day and this anime is a trip.

"Look, I get your point about whether or not our soldiers can occupy the empire, but have you considered our approval rating is in the toilet and our election is 100 days from now?" is the most strangely on point political intrigue for 2020.

Also, one of the duetagonist's name is Reinhard, so I've been calling the series Spacia 796.

Edited by Zora
47 minutes ago, Zora said:

I decided to start Legend of Galactic Heroes the other day and this anime is a trip.

"Look, I get your point about whether or not our soldiers can occupy the empire, but have you considered our approval rating is in the toilet and our election is 100 days from now?" is the most strangely on point political intrigue for 2020.

Also, one of the duetagonist's name is Reinhard, so I've been calling Spacia 796.

The recent remake or the one from way back?

Spoiler

Jumped into Creativerse recently for the first time since 2017 a few days ago - slowly getting back into and figuring things out again... considering buying the Pro bundle - looks like it's pretty good

$20 isn't a bad price either

Not sure why i stopped playing, but it's nice to be back playing it - completely forgot i had an unfinished barn and almost finished house...Need to get more Iron, though - i have a lot of Tin Roofs to make... and some other things to make

The nightime is bloody dark, though - can't see pretty much anything - no idea if there's any way to brighten that up...

At least Minecrafts night times are bright enough

_____

And got back into Portal 2 and  started Portal Stories: Mel - already stuck on those... im not the best at puzzle games, honestly

Granted i somehow managed to beat Portal, so... i'll figure it out - may have to look at a video if im extremely stuck, though

______

And for me, Sonic Generations is still impossible to play with Keyboard Controls - definitely need to pick up a wired or wireless controller

I know the style of controller i want, just not sure about the brand....

At least it runs well

____

And slowly redownloading TERA via the EnMasse launcher - for some reason i kept getting an error when trying to start it on Steam - hopefully i have better luck

Going to take a few days... or more

____

Also played through the Demo for Bravely Default II - that demo was difficult... i ended up grinding for levels/job exp/gold for better gear/weapons/items quite a lot

Enjoyed it, though - will buy it eventually when i can after it comes out

___

Also jumped in and played a bit of Solar 2 and Adventures of Shuggy

Granted some of these were because i was up late a few nights and couldn't sleep

I've been getting back into some of these games

Spoilered due to length

I've started replaying Pokemon White with my roommates. I've known Gen 5 is good, but it's really good. Gamefreak being brave enough to force you to only use new Pokemon is something we'll probably never see again. At release we complained that the game is too linear, but even early routes are branching with optional areas. I got defeated by the first gym leader, GF is too scared of letting you fail these days.

I still consider Gens 6 & 7 to be good, but what happened to SWSH is completely inexcusable and has turned me away from the future of the series.

37 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

I've started replaying Pokemon White with my roommates. I've known Gen 5 is good, but it's really good. Gamefreak being brave enough to force you to only use new Pokemon is something we'll probably never see again. At release we complained that the game is too linear, but even early routes are branching with optional areas. I got defeated by the first gym leader, GF is too scared of letting you fail these days.

I still consider Gens 6 & 7 to be good, but what happened to SWSH is completely inexcusable and has turned me away from the future of the series.

there's also VoltWhite and BlazeBlack if you want a hard mode~

i've been meaning to go back to gen 5. i didn't like it at the time but looking back it had a lot of cool things in it.

also yeah, i haven't played a pokemon game to completion since gen 4, i've been so burned out on pokemon lol.

Ive spent a decent amount of today and I’ve had no luck with encountering the White Wormhole for the Ultra Ruins... this is annoying 

And yet, I’ve somehow managed to encounter and catch a Shiny Medicham and Hippowdon (F).

And I wasn’t even Shiny hunting or even looking for any... 

This might take awhile... 😐

484A5DA1-3883-4CC6-97B3-75534060CE13.jpeg

ED9C98A5-8E4E-47BC-84ED-166D60EE80BE.jpeg

Closing in on the end of Paper Mario.

For someone who's never played a Luigi's Mansion, should I get LM3 with the intent to play full/only solo? Or should I use the trade credit of Paper Mario and put it towards Cyberpunk instead?

5 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Closing in on the end of Paper Mario.

For someone who's never played a Luigi's Mansion, should I get LM3 with the intent to play full/only solo? Or should I use the trade credit of Paper Mario and put it towards Cyberpunk instead?

idk how good LM3 really is for newbies (i mean has nintendo ever really demanded you be familiar with the previous games to enjoy them?) but there's no way it's gonna be the worse decision here

Edited by Pichi

Luigi's Mansion 3 is a very good game for new people, the co-op in particular is a lot of fun to play and people who never played the series can just dip in and out.  Frankly the older games aren't as good as Luigi's Mansion 3 so I think it's a fine place to start. y;