Mineral Town - N4A Chat Thread - August 2020

Spring

1 minute ago, EH_STEVE said:

I got for free digitally on WiiU, can't remember how, but NEVER played it...

I vaguely recall this. Was it the Mario Kart 8 promo? 

I ended up going with Wii Party U, as it was the only one of the four games offered I didn't own. And I might have played it once. 

1 hour ago, blcdude1 said:

I vaguely recall this. Was it the Mario Kart 8 promo? 

I ended up going with Wii Party U, as it was the only one of the four games offered I didn't own. And I might have played it once. 

Likely

17 hours ago, Pichi said:

yeah, that's the obvious problem here. RPG battles aren't necessary, but mario RPG battles have always been really entertaining.
even if pape has the least depth of any mario RPG series, replacing them with bland stuff for the sake of being different makes no sense.
what always made the games stand out for me was its dives into fun characterization and care/detail put into the world.
that's something completely separate from any genre trapping,s but since basically everything else good went out along with the battle system for sticker star, it's not really a surprise that people just clamor for a return to the old design.
also i'm still kinda salty about the revelation that nintendo really has been preventing them from being creative with mario character design.
in freakin Toad Town alone, PM64 has 23 different NPC designs, not counting recolors.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.2180bc61ebfb288f92ec949d3e208003.png

image.png.9bd2aad56d09ee94ec685a5539c7dbfa.png

just a single building that serves no purpose for game progression

they've always been so good at it. why would you throw that away? psyduck;

While I mostly agree with this, my scorching hot take is that as adventure games, Color Splash and in some respects even Sticker are better than the first two games.  Hell, if Color Splash had a battle system that didn't actively work against the player having fun or didn't even have a battle system at all, I'd go so far as to say that it's better than TTYD in a lot of respects.  But Color Splash's battle system is so actively terrible that it actively permeates and affects everything else about the game as a result. y;

My love for TOK is that it basically manages to be an extremely fun and charming adventure game, the battle system never feels intrusive and while lacking any growth or variance is actually a ton a fun especially if you fuck with puzzle games.  And the coins go the Souls/Tingle's Rupeeland route in being used for EVERYTHING so there feels like there's a purpose to hoarding ridiculous amounts of money in it.

2 hours ago, Edie Napier said:

My love for TOK is that it basically manages to be an extremely fun and charming adventure game, the battle system never feels intrusive and while lacking any growth or variance is actually a ton a fun especially if you fuck with puzzle games.  And the coins go the Souls/Tingle's Rupeeland route in being used for EVERYTHING so there feels like there's a purpose to hoarding ridiculous amounts of money in it.

i haven't played it yet so i have no stake in the matter. just offering a bit more defense for the older games than nintenyearold/genwunner syndrome lol
also i'm obligated to post this now

gamesiveneverplayed.jpg.caa2b6e345b6b400b8fd479bdd87d7de.jpg

Nice. Still have to get my laptop in to get its fan checked. Runs too loud. I'd clean it, but 12 screws in its cover... kind of drives me away of doing it myself. I'd hate for something to go wrong. 

Edited by Doc Brown
37 minutes ago, ace said:

The only thing I still want to add to mine is some lighting. I don't have any gamer vomit RGB in this case but a nice LED strip light at the top would be nice.

Yes! I'm not a fan of unicorn vomit all over my components, but my NZXT H500i case has a nice RGB strip that adds some pleasant lighting.

i have a really weird microatx case and it's covered in honeycomb-patterned holes
when i first got it i accidentally stuck a headphone cord jack into the fan through those holes cause it was so close to where the ports were
...it happened twice :v
so now the case vibrates because a fan with two missing blades is running lmao
i used to weigh it down with old textbooks that my roommate had but i moved so now it's being weighed down by an original xbox :v

Edited by Pichi

My next project for this computer is slowly switching components over to water cooling. My CPU cooler is silent and keeps things cool, but I really want to liquid cool the graphics card because it's so LOUD