Mineral Town - N4A Chat Thread - August 2020

Spring

in other news, its my 1 year wedding anniversary today flower; i can't believe its already been a year! time flies! especially when most of that year was spent indoors doing nothing!

being married is still a dream come true tho

we went on a hike, bought cake (at my request), i forced ty to watch hamilton with me, and we got drunk last night so today......i think we'll relax hamnap;

Planning on getting my birthday gift early this year. Two $20 eshop cards. Getting the Pokemon Shield DLC and Dragon Quest 2. Having a heck of a time choosing another game. Starred the ones I'm really interested in, but it's hard to choose. flower;

Ones I'm deciding between under the cut.

Spoiler

*Dragon Quest 2 $5.19 26 coins
*The Flame in the Flood $4.49 23 coins
Don't Starve $4.99 25 coins
*Crypt of the Necro Dancer $3.99 20 coins
*Earthlock $5.98 30 coins
*Pokemon Shield exp pass $29.99 150 coins
Toki Tori $0.49 3 coins
Strike! Ten Pin Bowling $7.49 38 coins
Desktop Bowling $5.17 26 coins
*Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King $7.49 38 coins (this one is a nice throwback to old school Zelda games)
Toki Tori 2+ $1.49 8 coins
All Star Fruit Racing $0.99 5 coins

Narrowed it down a bit. 

Both Toki Toris

Pokemon DLC 

Dragon Quest 2 

Either The Flame in the Flood or Crypt of the Necro Dancer 

@skycandy  Happy anniversary!

Edited by Doc Brown
45 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Planning on getting my birthday gift early this year. Two $20 eshop cards. Getting the Pokemon Shield DLC and Dragon Quest 2. Having a heck of a time choosing another game. Starred the ones I'm really interested in, but it's hard to choose. flower;

Ones I'm deciding between under the cut.

Hide contents

*Dragon Quest 2 $5.19 26 coins
*The Flame in the Flood $4.49 23 coins
Don't Starve $4.99 25 coins
*Crypt of the Necro Dancer $3.99 20 coins
*Earthlock $5.98 30 coins
*Pokemon Shield exp pass $29.99 150 coins
Toki Tori $0.49 3 coins
Strike! Ten Pin Bowling $7.49 38 coins
Desktop Bowling $5.17 26 coins
*Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King $7.49 38 coins (this one is a nice throwback to old school Zelda games)
Toki Tori 2+ $1.49 8 coins
All Star Fruit Racing $0.99 5 coins

@skycandy  Happy anniversary!

The Flame in the Flood is a great survival game, especially for beginners in the genre. It's still plenty challenging but it feels a little more forgiving than most survival games. Really great soundtrack too.

Crypt of the NecroDancer is a blast, just be aware that it is as difficult as most roguelikes—you're going to go through dozens of attempts before you finish the game even once, but this is a game all about the journey not necessarily the destination.

Blossom Tales is indeed a fun throwback to 2D Zelda, and certainly worth playing if you're a fan of that style of adventure game.

19 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

The Flame in the Flood is a great survival game, especially for beginners in the genre. It's still plenty challenging but it feels a little more forgiving than most survival games. Really great soundtrack too.

Crypt of the NecroDancer is a blast, just be aware that it is as difficult as most roguelikes—you're going to go through dozens of attempts before you finish the game even once, but this is a game all about the journey not necessarily the destination.

Blossom Tales is indeed a fun throwback to 2D Zelda, and certainly worth playing if you're a fan of that style of adventure game.

Yea it's why it's hard to choose. So many good games out there. Putting Blossum Tales aside for now, but it's definitely staying on my wish list.

I'm aware of it. Gave the Zelda crossover demo a second try and like it better than before. Glad they at least had that demo available. 

A bit concerned about the lightning in The Flame in the Flood. Is there any way to adjust the weather, similar to Stardew Valley via pc?

Edited by Doc Brown

Adjusting the weather manually? Not that I'm aware of; coping with the weather is a common part of the survival game experience after all. I suppose it would be possible to just try to sleep through bad weather/lightning, as long as you have a safe place to sleep, but as you progress through the game it starts to rain quite often.

8 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Adjusting the weather manually? Not that I'm aware of; coping with the weather is a common part of the survival game experience after all. I suppose it would be possible to just try to sleep through bad weather/lightning, as long as you have a safe place to sleep, but as you progress through the game it starts to rain quite often.

Ah I see. Don't mind it with Stardew since it's not too flashing, effects wise. The Flame in the Flood's storm effects seem a little bit more so. Might be ruling out Necro Dancer due to the strobe effects. Read that they can be shut off. Is that the case with the Switch version?

Edited by Doc Brown

Attempted to try out Next Up Hero and 20XX.... The controls for keyboard are a bit... annoying - going to have to go back to those two once i have a controller... if the second game even has controller support

So it's hard to say right now whether i like either of them or not currently right now

But started playing a bit of Torchlight II, though - first boss is being a bit of a pain, though... no idea how to set up Multiplayer, though... so looks like i'm stuck with Single Player, at least unless i buy another version of Torchlight II

Also went and attempted to try out Wildstar, but apparently the servers got shut down at some point. huh... oh well then

47 minutes ago, blcdude1 said:

So, I've been playing Fitness Boxing on the Nintendo Switch almost daily since May 2019. In that time, I've lost 102.8 pounds. There's still work to be done, of course, but dropping 100 had been one of my goals. Making it past that benchmark really feels like an accomplishment. 

That's amazing, congratz!

2 hours ago, blcdude1 said:

So, I've been playing Fitness Boxing on the Nintendo Switch almost daily since May 2019. In that time, I've lost 102.8 pounds. There's still work to be done, of course, but dropping 100 had been one of my goals. Making it past that benchmark really feels like an accomplishment. 

That's awesome!

Spoiler

Ended up going with Crypt of the NecroDancer,  Dragon Quest 2, Toki Tori 1 and 2, OTTTD and the Pokemon Shield DLC.  Still have the Flame in the Flood on my wish list.

Edited by Doc Brown