Analogue Pocket up for Pre-orders on August 3rd at 8am PST

I am a pretty big supporter of Analogue.  I have everything outside of their NT (which was just prohibitively expensive for most people at $500) and opted for the cheaper but still really good FPGA NES, the AVS by RetroUSB.  They make amazing game systems that operate off FPGA chips to simulate the original hardware versus emulating.  This means your games (whether it is an old cruddy Game Boy game or some obscure GBA game) will work with 100% compatibility.  They aren’t region locked either.  You can get one for the steep price of $200.  I know a lot of people will balk at that proposition but this is Analogue and if their previous systems are any indication, they will be high quality as can be.  The games look stunning on this and it has some pretty cool features built into it.  

It is pretty much a must for any diehard GameBoy fan who has a nice collection of GB, GBC, and GBA titles.  They will also be selling Game Gear Adapters that same day from the looks of it.  They will be making an Atari Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket Adapter as well in the future.  You can also buy a dock for $100.  I personally am not getting the dock even if it would be very nice to have.  I have a GameBoy Player on my GameCube and can play it in Progressive scan,, so I will be forgoing that.  I have no idea how many people in here are that diehard for the GameBoy (I am pretty diehard in general with most of this stuff).  Just figured to let people know about it if they got $200 sitting somewhere and really want this GameBoy that looks like something Apple would have made.

P.S.  Almost forgot to mention, these will not be shipping until May 21st at this point due to COVID since they source their parts overseas.  They do charge up front, this isn’t something that you can just pre-order now and they will charge you before it ships.  That really does suck but I can sort of understand why, Analogue is a pretty small company and needs your money to do what they do.  It is a lot of money to lend someone for a year, but hell, at this point it can’t be helped.  

https://www.nintendojo.com/news/analogue-pocket-preorders-begin-next-month

6CF39936-56D2-48E4-A5BF-5A9965AF15BB.jpeg

Edited by Irondog666

from everything i know about the NT, it seems cool, but the buttons look like complete ass.
this looks like it has the same problems. they look way to small to be usable and cramped together for easy accidental fat-fingering too.
how are you supposed to actually play the damn thing if you pick a game that isn't super low key?

Edited by Pichi
4 hours ago, Pichi said:

from everything i know about the NT, it seems cool, but the buttons look like complete ass.
this looks like it has the same problems. they look way to small to be usable and cramped together for easy accidental fat-fingering too.
how are you supposed to actually play the damn thing if you pick a game that isn't super low key?

From what I understand is that it is modeled after the original.  The button layout is similar to it.  It should be fine.  From the reviews I have read about it, it is not a huge problem.  

4 hours ago, Pichi said:

Actually I need to thank you.  I was going to get one but now I see exactly what you are talking about.  I can’t believe I didn’t notice it before.  The buttons are far too close together and I have big hands.  Yeah that is sort of a deal breaker.  So I think I will save my money.  It is not going to work out with that thing.  Thanks for bringing that up.  I already have the stuff to mod an original GBA, I just have to actually do it.

Edited by Irondog666