A Xenoblade fan's ten year retrospective of her journey with the series

This is pretty cool.  Granted, older players aren't exactly new but in my experience they've always revolved around long established franchises like Zelda and especially Dragon Quest, at least out of Japan.  But I never expected this for the Xenoblade Chronicles series.  This woman provides a ten year retrospective of the series showing off her collection, giving some history and some thoughts on her personal adoration of the series and just an overall view of her fandom for it.  It's pretty neat to see!

Edited by Kezay
On 7/26/2020 at 12:03 PM, Kezay said:

This is pretty cool.  Granted, older players aren't exactly new but in my experience they've always revolved around long established franchises like Zelda and especially Dragon Quest, at least out of Japan.  But I never expected this for the Xenoblade Chronicles series.  This woman provides a ten year retrospective of the series showing off her collection, giving some history and some thoughts on her personal adoration of the series and just an overall view of her fandom for it.  It's pretty neat to see!

Grandma be killing it lol.  I love it when you got elderly people who are into the same stuff that the younger generations are into.  I just got my copy.  Our friend in Norway got me the European Collector’s Set that has the soundtrack vinyl.  Had to wait almost 2 months to get it but it was well worth it.  Been playing the hell out of it.

I can relate somewhat to where she is with the franchise. My Xenoblade Chronicles X, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Torna have a combined playtime of maybe 25 hours, so relatively speaking, in terms of the duration of these games, I'm sitting on three games I haven't really played. X is a game I would like to go back to more so than return to 2 and Torna just because I didn't have a HD TV back in 2015 when I first played the game. Playing solely off of the Game Pad did not allow a connection to form with that game. My set up for gaming on the Wii U is at its best now. 

The original Xenoblade Chronicles though is the most impressive game I've played from start to finish. I think when I got to Satorl Marsh I was debating whether or not it was the best game on the Wii. When I got to Makna Forest, the game just completely blew my mind. I don't know how they did it I'm just glad that they did. I remember getting a bit emotional within that region of the game back then as well when I experienced sunset at Frontier Village with Eryth Sea above. For a while in the original, I wasn't using the landmark travel as I simply enjoyed walking around in the game's large settings. I still remember getting cozy in the capital Alcamoth collecting all of those blue collectible orbs while taking in the impressive thunderstorms occurring outside in Eryth Sea. The meteor showers too...it's a very beautiful game and among my favorites all time. 

Edited by IU