This is now a Kirby appreciation thread.

Compared to Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, the Kirby franchise doesn't get enough love. That said, it's always been dear to me -- I've loved it ever since I played Smash 64 for the first time, wondered who that pink character that I was playing as really was, and discovered a whole world of games. The games are really polished, and I like how they're expanding in terms of character and story.

i....love kirby as a character

i have only played two kirby games in my life tho, k64 and nightmare in dreamland, which was the first game i ever 100% flower; 10/10 character, would love to play more kirb games in the future just because he has a special place in my heart

here are some cute kirby pics as well since i don't have much else to contribute

Spoiler

tumblr_o9y34dT4XE1scg1syo1_1280.png

Spoiler

1307795075146.png

Spoiler

1307798792594.png

Spoiler

Kirby - Float.jpg

Spoiler

Kirby - Underwater.jpg

Spoiler

Kirby dango.jpg

1 minute ago, Stopdoor said:

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is the best Kirby game, fight me

So underrated, 4 player open-world Metroidvania co-op in a Kirby game.

If by "fight me", you mean "agree with me", then sure, I'll fight you. :P I don't really have a single favorite game, but KatAM is up there with some of the games which I like the most. It was a ridiculous amount of fun finding your way through the world and solving puzzles. The copy-ability system really meshed well with the Metroidvania design.

22 minutes ago, Gravitas said:

If by "fight me", you mean "agree with me", then sure, I'll fight you. :P I don't really have a single favorite game, but KatAM is up there with some of the games which I like the most. It was a ridiculous amount of fun finding your way through the world and solving puzzles. The copy-ability system really meshed well with the Metroidvania design.

I mostly call it out because I think it's definitely the most underappreciated Kirby game - it's not like it's even derided much, it's mostly just completely forgotten about, which is a massive shame for what a cool idea it is.

Edited by Stopdoor

One of my favorite games of all time is Kirby Super Star. I still need to play a lot of the handheld entries such as most of the GBA ones minus Nightmare in Dreamland, the ones on DS minus Ultra (never played Ultra) and the two 3DS games.

40 minutes ago, chickadee said:

i....love kirby as a character

i have only played two kirby games in my life tho, k64 and nightmare in dreamland, which was the first game i ever 100% flower; 10/10 character, would love to play more kirb games in the future just because he has a special place in my heart

You should because are missing out on some great games. I'd make some suggestions if I knew which consoles you owned.

1 hour ago, Stopdoor said:

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror is the best Kirby game, fight me

So underrated, 4 player open-world Metroidvania co-op in a Kirby game.

I always wanted to play that game online or at least locally with friends, but not many people share the same interest as I do apparently. :/

10 hours ago, Satomi Famicom said:

Dude, I friggin love Kirby.

The newest game in the series, Planet Robobot, is seriously worth checking out. Such an awesome game. Really good level and boss design.

God, I haven't played it yet. From what I hear it's amazing. Apparently there're a lot of callbacks to lore or something, but whenever I hear about them, I run away to avoid spoilers.

1 hour ago, Kezay said:

Kirby Superstar is definitely one of the best games we had growing up.

Amen! One of the most influential games, maybe behind Adventure. I still wish that helpers would make a comeback.