Nintendo Direct Mini 7.20 - Partner Showcase (7AM/10AM)

The confusion is real.

I don't remember if it was mentioned in this vid but a lot of come to think that these series of Partner Showcases will be a monthly thing. Like there's nothing wrong in doing that or the length per se but put in announcement that ppl are waiting for like No More Heroes 3 or Bayonetta 3. Is that too much to ask for 2 minute update on those partnership games. There's 4 months left till this year is done, I don't expect update every month on those games nor do I expect ones like those every month but if this is what it is till the end of the year, I'll be fine without main Direct because all these back and forth with Nintendo and what they may tell us or not because of pandemic is annoying frankly. I get it is not easy to share in such times and the safety of their employees come first but if this partnership is here place of that, I'll accept it till they are ready to share.

TL;DR, all we want is transparency from Nintendo and their titles status this year and what's left.

If they plan on doing these throughout the year my assumption is that future showcases will have those games.  Like, I understand the disappointment some have with how sparse the mini direct was but I'm not understanding where the confusion bit is coming in.

3 hours ago, Kezay said:

If they plan on doing these throughout the year my assumption is that future showcases will have those games.  Like, I understand the disappointment some have with how sparse the mini direct was but I'm not understanding where the confusion bit is coming in.

To explain the confusion, I must bring up the camps ppl fall with Nintendo and their directs approach.

So there are those who are upright upset with Direct Mini Partner Showcase (despite Nintendo setting the expectation) and there are those who are disappointed with what was shown somewhat. (I personally fall there) By no means was it a bad direct especially with the 2 SMT announcements. (but this different than me happy for AC fans and I don't play AC games, I can't say I am happy because I know that SMT is even nicher than Persona so for me to be excited for a series I haven't play and the fanbase pretty small is not pointless but its meh overall to me)

Now where the confusion falls into play is on the disappointed view, at least for me again. If anyone have observing Nintendo financial briefings, it was said by the president that none of their game releases this year are delayed but we are passed the last Nintendo release game and we still have no clue on when the next release will be. Where the confusion begins is that what was said at that briefing may have been misinterpreted and there might be delay for their products but development of software is still on track. Not much or at all different  than what was said before so. Yes translation errors happens and this maybe taken out of context more with drought of information and the times we're in but with that and how directs seemed to be structured, Nintendo seem to be in a weird flux and it's confusing to me when they might share software releases from them.

Like I said I'm cool with the partner showcase maybe monthly but just give news on games we're waiting to come out this year from 3rd parties. We all have bad first impressions but their next partner showcase gotta provide more news we haven't heard in while like SMT for other 3rd parties.

I guess I'm still missing the confusion piece because even if what was said at the financial briefing was accurate they're being very clear about the current state of things potentially affecting release dates and other information as noted before the Direct began.  I'm also fairly certain that during that shareholders meeting that part of the answer given was that things could change if the pandemic continues.  But I honestly don't think most people are even paying attention to the information that comes out of those meetings unless it's put in front of them for one reason or another after the fact.

19 minutes ago, Kezay said:

I guess I'm still missing the confusion piece because even if what was said at the financial briefing was accurate they're being very clear about the current state of things potentially affecting release dates and other information as noted before the Direct began.  I'm also fairly certain that during that shareholders meeting that part of the answer given was that things could change if the pandemic continues.  But I honestly don't think most people are even paying attention to the information that comes out of those meetings unless it's put in front of them for one reason or another after the fact.

Hmm, I guess it's just me then. I get that most ppl wouldn't privy themselves to the briefing information.

From the sounds of that vid I posted it sounded like they were hinting to that and why there's confusion at Nintendo not why Nintendo is delivering direct this way, just want to make that clear but from what you said it sounds like you do with Nintendo stating there may be possible release date delays. I just think with the lack news and what ppl want to interpret, (me) I may be spinning what they saying as confusing.

I'm sorry for making you go down these thoughts, now that I put that in perspective, I'm confused as well. What I am not confused is the state of the world and Nintendo just trying to do their best where the worst of the gaming industry despite their trouble seem to be delivery gaming news better than Nintendo, imo. Like I said crazy times, bring up crazy thoughts.

• Chrom featured this topic