Nintendo Direct Mini 7.20 - Partner Showcase (7AM/10AM)

A Nintendo Direct Mini as been announced for this morning at 7am PDT / 10am EDT.

What to pay attention to is that the 3rd party titles here are previously announced so we don't know if there will be anything new from 3rd parties not already announced for the Nintendo Switch. They also make no mention of Nintendo first party titles as well.

What will we see today?

EDIT: According Nintendo Japan Twitter, the showcase is 10 minutes long.

Edited by DLurkster

Yeah, the only good thing of note is that we're getting DLC of Cadence of Hyrule, and two SMT games. One of them being the release date of SMT V for next year, simultaneous release worldwide.

Was there a release date for SMT III HD remaster? Never played nor do i think I'll be interested but that and Cadence and Hyrule are the only highlight. Oh there was was that 3v3 3rd person shooter Rogue Company. That was the direct in a nutshell, tho.

Also it appears for the time being and the rest of this year that Nintendo will be doing more of these Direct Minis, kinda like the Summer of games Developer showcase. What concerns me is that Nintendo says they titles are not delayed but even tho the titles in these Direct are 3rd party why are we still getting the message of these titles release date may subject to change? Is a little odd, yeah some of the world is till not out pandemic and that's nice to address and be real but it seems Nintendo is still not certain with release dates yet. I don't mind these Direct Minis like once a month if that's what's gonna happen but these subject date change is a little odd.

4 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

Is this being streamed live, or just uploaded fully? I'm not seeing any Live broadcasts on Nintendo's YT or Twitch

I know it's already out but the Direct Mini in March just dropped on Nintendo YT just like this one did. I assume ppl knew that much it would be that way. Thanks for the video link in the thread.

23 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, the only good thing of note is that we're getting DLC of Cadence of Hyrule, and two SMT games. One of them being the release date of SMT V for next year, simultaneous release worldwide.

Was there a release date for SMT III HD remaster? Never played nor do i think I'll be interested but that and Cadence and Hyrule are the only highlight. Oh there was was that 3v3 3rd person shooter Rogue Company. That was the direct in a nutshell, tho.

Also it appears for the time being and the rest of this year that Nintendo will be doing more of these Direct Minis, kinda like the Summer of games Developer showcase. What concerns me is that Nintendo says they titles are not delayed but even tho the titles in these Direct are 3rd party why are we still getting the message of these titles release date may subject to change? Is a little odd, yeah some of the world is till not out pandemic and that's nice to address and be real but it seems Nintendo is still not certain with release dates yet. I don't mind these Direct Minis like once a month if that's what's gonna happen but these subject date change is a little odd.

I know it's already out but the Direct Mini in March just dropped on Nintendo YT just like this one did. I assume ppl knew that much it would be that way. Thanks for the video link in the thread.

2021 for both SMT games.

I skipped around the presentation to see if there was anything that would interest me before hitting that dislike button. I have no problem necessarily with what was shown given that it is a partners showcase, but I do think it's time to see what Nintendo has planned for the rest of the year since Origami King has now released. 

I don't want to be the guy to take the shine away from what was presented but....

Nintendo is being very curious about whatever the hell they are doing with this stuff....

Random thoughts postmortem:

Was never hyped to be disappointed.... didn't hear about this till I was about to head out to work, and with anything that short notice my hype just couldn't get up when I saw the content tagline.

With PM coming last Friday I didn't think they'd outshine that game that fast with a bigger title announcement just a few days after that game's release.

**IF** the rumored 3D All Stars and 3DWorld DLX are real and give off the vibe of a Holiday game why the wait... why not a tease....   if these are really not that ready for prime time yet then that says to me that they are doing more than the basics for these or work conditions in the pandemic are worse than we even thought possible at Nintendo.

*IF* The 35th Anniversary of Mario is as big of a deal as Nintendo is making it out to be, there should be a lot more hype coming out.

--SMB2 upgrade to SMM2 already done.  And stated no more major updates for the game.  Either you call BS on that or that was really it.

--Origami King is a nice release but not  35th Anniversary killer ap IMO

--No 35th Amiibo line

--No special edition Switch

--Lego dropping bigger and better Mario stuff than Nintendo is.

Only thing I can think of is they are holding out till the XBX game reveal happens so they can then size up the competition and release their counter attack plans.

Don't even get me started on the Pikmin 4 (guys, it was Hey Pikmin!)  and FZero rumors coming out.

Hi gang its been a while. Anyways on to the news. I had missed the direct by 30 minutes due to being at work but once I pulled my phone and saw what was announced I was ecstatic. I'm super happy to see Atelier Ryza getting a sequel but the big one for me is that Nocturne is finally coming to modern consoles after being on PS2 Limbo for nearly 18 years. A double dose of Shin Megami Tensei coming to Switch in 2021 (October 2020 for Japan with Nocturne). Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne is basically what introduced me to the Atlus brand overall way back in 2004 when I was closely following it via websites and magazines as I was fascinated with the lore it had going. I'm very pleased to know the game is coming to Switch (and PS4). Also that Shin Megami Tensei V is finally coming out next year is a huge plus after barely hearing a thing about it for a few years now.

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster will have a Merciful difficulty for those that want to experience the game a bit easier but this version sadly doesn't have Dante included as he has since been replaced by Raidou Kuzunoha the XIV from the SMT Devil Summoner series which is also another series on PS2 Limbo.

Didn't check out the direct until after work, but if nothing else some news on SMTV was finally nice to see with the added bonus of the Nocturne remaster.  My first foray with the SMT series was SMTIV and I still have yet to play Apocalypse.  I've got plenty of SMT to play apparently XD

I have some interest in Rogue Company but like the other Hi Rez studios games (Paladins, Realm Royale) I have no problem waiting out the early access period for when free to play opens up.

Anyway, so I guess the drip feed mini directs will be a thing going forward.  I just hope they have enough for each showing to keep things interesting at this pace.

Even with the tempered expectations that it's a mini, and a partner Direct. It still felt very sparse. Especially when you look at the Japanese Direct, which had some more games that are also coming out over here (Sakura of Rice and Ruin, and Alelier Ryza 2 comes to mind.) Not to mention, Crysis Remastered is coming out this week, that would have been a good headliner after the Cadence of Hyrule DLC announcement. And must agree some of the  livestreamers, the two SMT announcements basically saved it on the English side.