Treehouse streaming tomorrow

"A franchise new to developer WayForward" is a weird phrase, I can only assume that means a Nintendo IP that WayForward is working on, as opposed to a new IP from WayForward? Either way though I suppose it really could be anything, and I'm looking forward to seeing what it is.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw this Tweet from NoA:

Still looking forward to what WayForward could be working on.

Edited by Eliwood8

I am intrigued by that last sentence: gameplay for a title in a franchise new to developer WayForward.

I do wonder if it's a Nintendo franchise. There are quite a few I could see WayForward working its magic on. Metroid comes to mind immediately, for obvious reasons, as does Wario Land. WayForward could make a mean Captain Syrup. 

To throw a different game out there: Drill Dozer. Something about Drill Dozer's aesthetic has me thinking WayForwad, and I could see them doing something cool with it. 

And it seems its third party. Which, don't get me wrong, could still be awesome. It just renders all that moot. 

Edited by blcdude1

So is this gonna be live live or previously recorded to go live?

Either way, I'll accept either and look forward to feature presentation and what WayForward will show off.

Also, if this is live live I wonder if that means that Nintendo can do treehouse live stream like they would of done for E3. I'd like more of these if it possible and is safe to do so, later this month or next month. That'd be nice.

The WayForward announcement was something I was interested in. It being third party related takes the excitement away for me going into the Treehouse stream. Paper Mario is an IP I do want to get into again especially this year since the pandemic is keeping me indoors in my free time. Origami King isn't there for me though. If there's a detail I'm interested in tomorrow, it's how they explain why a player should battle in the new game. 

In the big picture, I like that a Treehouse is being done as it opens the doors to potentially more presentations in the near future as Nintendo gets more comfortable working around the pandemic. The July Direct rumors seem a little more realistic. 

Yeah can't say I'm interested in Bakugan, nor the gameplay that was shown. Oh well.

The Paper Mario stuff though, eh, I'll still be cautiously optimistic that it could be good. No EXP in the battle system is disappointing, and I really don't understand why Nintendo refuses to have two Mario spin-off franchises that both have RPG elements, but the ring-based battlefield looks like it could be fun, at least for boss fights.

As for the stream itself, it really played out like every video call I've been on since the start of quarantine, with people repeatedly talking over each other accidentally. I think they can smooth it out if they continue these remote livestreams though.

Uhhh...WHAT?! Seriously? ...Bakugan? -____-'  So...How much did WayFoward have to pay to get this featured on the live stream? Surely, NOA didn't ask WayFoward if they could feature it. :D  Bakugan in 2020... LOL WUT?! Well, you can add that to the list of crazy shit that's happened in 2020!

Were people actually into Bakugan? It seems like something that should have just stayed in Japan  during the whole collect and battle craze of the late 90s/2000s.

Edited by alienboyva

Listened/watched it with the GameXplain crew. The comments that were read said that Bakugan was apparently really popular back then, with one commenter said it was more popular than Pokemon at their school. Also heard that the games on the DS were good, but it sounds like the fanbase isn't too impressed with this reveal. 

Edited by avalonknight
33 minutes ago, Eliwood8 said:

Yeah can't say I'm interested in Bakugan, nor the gameplay that was shown. Oh well.

Same here and that is to no offense to the series or the game. I'm pretty sure that series came out by the time I finished high school so I have no residual attachment with shows like Beyblade or Pokemon for example. I stop watching Beyblade years ago but every now and then I watch Pokemon.

Like if for some reason WayForward showed off a Beyblad game, I would of said cool because of my past connection and that's about it. I don't even think the gameplay would be entertaining to me. But I feel nothing at all for Bakugan, sorry.

Other than, shorter stream than I expected, it was live live, there was a few delay hiccups like Eli mentioned and maybe that is why it was that short but was shown for PM:TOK could of been spoiler-y but they pretty much showed off more in length what the two trailer have shown so not waste but at the same it was okay showing. Still looking forward to the game.

3 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Uhhh...WHAT?! Seriously? ...Bakugan? -____-'  So...How much did WayFoward have to pay to get this featured on the live stream? Surely, NOA didn't ask WayFoward if they could feature it. :D  Bakugan in 2020... LOL WUT?! Well, you can add that to the list of crazy shit that's happened in 2020!

Were people actually into Bakugan? It seems like something that should have just stayed in Japan  during the whole collect and battle craze of the late 90s/2000s.

Take it from someone that worked at Toys R Us and used to host Bakugan battle tournaments a few Saturdays.  While a flash in the pan, it definitely was popular around the time it first came out.  It was pretty big for a few years (and that's being generous) but it wasn't too long before a lot of our stuff hit the clearance bin.  I did notice that they started back with the franchise and the toys recently which I'm surprised about because of the resurgence Beyblade has seen.

That being said, never in a million years did I expect nor do I have any interest in a Bakugan game.

Edited by Kezay

Honestly before this stream I thought some sort of direct is possible or even a mini. I don't care sort of just out of no expectation because I'm still soured by what was show this afternoon. Not even close relevant sort of nowadays, not me or the gameplay. I'm sorry to the very few who are looking forward to the game but this one that is gonna take a while for me to think Nintendo can surprise me.

So I don't care for a direct or anything at this time till I get over this.

Also another childhood show I would love a game as is Monster Rancher. 'Beat the baddies', am I rite? I swear I head someone in the stream of that Bakugan game say some about beating something and it reminded me of that saying in the anime of Monster Rancher.

• Chrom featured this topic