Blue Origami Cult - N4A Chat Thread - July 2020

we have received our pro controller and my thoughts are as follows:

its just okay, and i like it less than fully functional joycons :( 

i always seem to dig smaller controllers though and i hate having to reach my thumbs to press the middle buttons (already a problem w the joycons but much less of a reach). i just prefer handheld mode to any other mode the switch offers, but oh well! happy to have it and be able to play games while our joycon is in the shop at least y; 

35 minutes ago, Pichi said:

@skycandy you playing switch fotm yet?

i am! i bought it at launch, tho i havent played in a couple days bc ty's been going hard back into splatoon lol

its fun, but i wouldn't really recommend it at 50 bucks to anyone other than huge fomt fans, and the original is better matty; 

11 minutes ago, skycandy said:

i am! i bought it at launch, tho i havent played in a couple days bc ty's been going hard back into splatoon lol

its fun, but i wouldn't really recommend it at 50 bucks to anyone other than huge fomt fans, and the original is better matty; 

yeah the price tag is wild lmao

what makes you like the original more? i was feeling the same way, but it's mostly cause i prefer the gba aesthetic i think

Just now, Pichi said:

yeah the price tag is wild lmao

what makes you like the original more? i was feeling the same way, but it's mostly cause i prefer the gba aesthetic i think

the gameplay was smoother and the town was more alive mostly

the removed rival events and rival marriages, which was a huge part of the characters doing something, gave you something to kind of urgently work towards, and made the town change over time, even if it was only slightly. i was really hoping they would expand on that by giving the rival marriages children, or having your own grow up, but instead they just removed them entirely. there's a character that leaves forever in the original if you fuck up in year 1, but now even he'll return by year 3 without you even having to do anything at all. y; 

the graphics are extremely poor for a switch game and you can tell they really roped a lot of people into it by name alone and the fact that the portraits are upgraded (which, tbh, are really good imo). the screen blurs anything thats not in your immediate vicinity and the chibi art style really doesn't do the game any favors.

added animals and music are nice but i'd prefer for a game thats CLEARLY meant to be played a LONG ASS TIME (ie: vacation home after being married for 50 in-game years/townhome for like a billion dollars) that they would have worked harder at making the town feel like it had more going on and given it a sense of change. instead, now that all that stuff has been removed, there's no urgency in getting to know anyone, befriending at all, or even dating. the QoL upgrades are nice, but frankly, i could probably go back to the original just as easily lol 

sry for many words, i just really love fomt lol

8 minutes ago, skycandy said:

the removed rival events and rival marriages, which was a huge part of the characters doing something, gave you something to kind of urgently work towards, and made the town change over time, even if it was only slightly. i was really hoping they would expand on that by giving the rival marriages children, or having your own grow up, but instead they just removed them entirely. there's a character that leaves forever in the original if you fuck up in year 1, but now even he'll return by year 3 without you even having to do anything at all. y;

removing content in a remake psyduck;

1 minute ago, skycandy said:

ALSO ALSO the 3 skin colors they offer for your character are honestly insulting, lookin like sugar, flour, and nesquik powder cmonnnnnnnnnnn bro its 2020, i am not and will never be that pale 

lmao yeah i saw that
diversity in skintone for specifically yamato people educate;

yeah i couldn't believe instead of a more alive town they gave us more animals instead

like i said, its fun and i still enjoy it bc its fomt, but if anyone is on the fence its really worth just playing the original instead

i can accept that the game is focused mostly on farming but if thats the case, why add new bachelors in the first place 

1 hour ago, skycandy said:

also 50 dollars for a game with GCN graphics is highway robbery imho

Sounds like ARK on Switch. But that's an insult to GameCube graphics.

(you only really need to watch the first minute to get the gist of it)

2 hours ago, skycandy said:

yeah i couldn't believe instead of a more alive town they gave us more animals instead

like i said, its fun and i still enjoy it bc its fomt, but if anyone is on the fence its really worth just playing the original instead

i can accept that the game is focused mostly on farming but if thats the case, why add new bachelors in the first place 

i'm soooo close to the version i wanted with the romhack that swaps the characters from fotm and mfotm but i don't think there's anything like that for the japanese version psyduck;

playing it in eng for now but i just prefer to get the practice on top of the gameplay generally :v