Blue Origami Cult - N4A Chat Thread - July 2020

1 hour ago, Pichi said:

did they free the gay in the remake?

Yes (edit: well kind of)

https://www.rpgsite.net/review/9956-story-of-seasons-friends-of-mineral-town-review

The most important change for me in this remake is the fact that I can play as a woman who marries another woman.

More detailed info: https://www.xseedgames.com/2020/05/01/story-of-seasons-friends-of-mineral-town-localization-blog-1/

One major change between both the original version and the remake, as well as between our version and the Japanese version, concerns what has been called the “Best Friends” system in the Japanese release, where the player character can form a lifelong partnership with a character of the same sex. In our version, this will just be called “marriage,” and the relationship between same-sex couples will be given identical treatment to opposite-sex couples.

Basically, it's something that's only truly manifest in the stateside release. In the Japanese version it's called "Best Friends" with all that "no homo" pretext lshifty;

Edited by Zora

I still remember thinking about More Friends from Mineral Town, allegedly for the improved graphics and actually having to think over my would be bachelor. Whereas in FoMT, I just married Mary (or whoever the librarian was named) because "uhh, we both like books, it makes sense I guess?" Anyway, 11yo me gets to revisit the very important question of Cliff or Kai (or maybe someone else).

Also Sarah, tyvm for the fishing bait~

Edited by Zora

I still remember the shitstorm when Tomodachi Life got localized and people thought that Nintendo had removed a "glitch" that allowed same-sex marriages in the Japanese version.

In truth, it was to fix save data corruption, and the same-sex marriages never existed in the first place; people were just deliberately giving one of their Miis the wrong gender so that the game thought they were straight. theydonothing;

Finished 999 today with the true ending. My girlfriend recommended me this game, and I wasn't quite digging the game at first. After my first failed ending, though, I was hooked. It's now my favorite DS visual novel, followed by Ace Attorney 1 and Hotel Dusk.

I kind of miss unique DS titles that use the system in clever ways.

2 hours ago, blcdude1 said:

I loved Trace Memory, and was always annoyed NOA didn't bother releasing the Wii sequel in America. 

Aw man there was a sequel? I didn’t know that. If I recall correctly that was fairly par for the course for the time, right? A fair few games didn’t make the transition from Japan to North America around that time...

41 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

Aw man there was a sequel? I didn’t know that. If I recall correctly that was fairly par for the course for the time, right? A fair few games didn’t make the transition from Japan to North America around that time...

there are lots of untranslated 3rd party games in all eras. sorry to let you down lol