Blue Origami Cult - N4A Chat Thread - July 2020

Shooting shark, you mean to tell me those pioneers of the umlaut are considered obscure? History shows, again and again, how tomorrow soon turns into yesterday, and everything we see just fades away. Even if the symbol remains, some things leave their place before their time. But even things once gone, can return. After all, even Joan Crawford has risen from the grave, even if doing so gets her banned from MTV. 

While I question if The Symbol Remains will actually be any good- it's their first album since 2001, and no one remembers Curse of the Hidden Mirror- it's surreal that they're putting new stuff out there. 

• Chrom changed the title to Blue Origami Cult - N4A Chat Thread - July 2020
  • Chrom pinned this topic

Lol Thanks. Fair points, I don’t really know what would be well enough known these days since I am so far out of the pop culture loop. But if a band I am familiar with could be still well enough known then I guess I may not be as far removed as I thought. :P 

Edit: Thanks for the pin up, Chrom!

Edited by DranSeasona
2 hours ago, DranSeasona said:

I am so far out of the pop culture loop.

I would suggest the pop culture loop is a bit different when it comes to music, as music is just so much easier to consume that other forms of media.

It is a lot easier to invest three to four minutes listening to a song by a band you've never heard of before than it is to read a 400-page novel from an author you're not familiar with or watch an entire season of a TV show. And, if you stream music, the algorithms are inevitably going to throw something new-to-you your way. Happened to me the other day: while 2003 is by no means recent, just the other day, one of those sites popped some Streetlight Manifesto into my feed. Next thing I knew, I was listening to the entire Everything Goes Numb album, something I just missed completely when it first came out. 

I don't think it so much matters how or when you discover a thing you enjoy, whether that thing is music, a video game, a book, whatever. 

Been fiddling around the past few days looking around and remembering/refiguring out how to install mods for Minecraft

Still trying to figure out how to download/install Forge for either 1.14/1.15 or 1.16... really confusing, tbh

Though i think one of the Furniture Mods was pushing it a little too far and making things sluggish and laggy...

Removed it for now, and it seems like things are working smoothly again as far as i can tell...

And Fallout NV finally synced with the Steam Cloud, so I won’t have to start completely from the beginning on that... considering how far i was, that would’ve been annoying...

Just need to remember how to reinstall mods for it... refound most of them that i had before, and a couple new ones...... not sure what else i that could be worthwhile 

Apparently Hasbro revealed a limited edition Back to the Future x Transformers Autobot (figure?) named Gigawatt. If you don’t mind IGN, you can get a look of Gigawatt and some other info through this link.

https://www.ign.com/articles/hasbro-reveals-limited-edition-back-to-the-future-x-transformers-character-gigawatt

Pretty great idea idea to have an Autobot based off the Delorean from Back to the Future. 

Recently realized that the Steam Summer sale has been going on until the 9th... some new games would be nice, though i did find a few free games I downloaded

I do still have $5.07 on my card but I don’t know how far that will get me...

So getting my hands on a steam wallet card might be unlikely- Might not be able to do much until the Fall/Winter sale... I suppose that’s not a huge deal, i guess

And been thinking i could finally get around to buying a USB Game controller sometime.. a lot of these games would play better with a controller than keyboard controls...

Was originally planning on getting a PC-Gamecube Adapter, but those take up two USB ports and slightly bulky...

So thinking that getting a USB Game Controller is a better option... just not sure which one - need to look into that

Also should go through the games on my wishlist and see if there’s anything to clear out....

Nothing like trying to activate my new phone... theydonothing;

Tried via their site setup at first and it kept on rejecting my email address. Thankfully found their site bot and got things working via that, minus said bs.

3 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

So I decided to get an inexpensive (less than $20) HDMI capture card and HDMI splitter. Once those come in I'll start doing tests and figure out streaming. My biggest concern is making it work with my ISPs bandwidth cap. I hope streaming upwards of 18 hours of OoT at 480p won't be a problem. y;

@Pichi

no way 18hrs of streaming is gonna hit a cap unless your cap is like... 50 gigs lol. and you already come close to hitting it.
for reference my recorded streams at 3000kbps tend to be like 1.25GB per hour or something like that
if you're streaming gamefeed only at 480p there's no reason to stream more than 1000kbps
the upload rates are in bits so it takes quite some time to reach any significant gigabytes of data

Edited by Pichi