Ninjala - Ninja-Gum Battle Action! (Free-to-Play) | 🦔Sonic the Hedgehog collab: SOON!

I actually played a bit on Saturday after not playing for a week and a half. Did fine in a few matches with a bunch in between just being bad (couldn't make it out of the bottom 4). I would quote your post but it's too long while posting from my phone.

1. Going from top to bottom, I've noticed not being able to break combos even with my bar being yellow. Sometimes people catch you trying to block and wait for an opening afterwards. Some people are getting smarter.

2. I was guilty of stealing kills on Saturday but there were multiple groups of people fighting in the same area on both maps. It would sometimes work or fail. They were stealing my kills too and I hate when it happens to me.

3. Could be lag? It might have happened to me.

4. Good anime from what I remember, total BS special move. Agreed on a nerf.

5. I'm usually too close when people use the mixer but I do get that it has tons of range.

The other two I haven't had too many problems with since the poop I usually get away since they miss their attacks and I only get caught in the blast if I notice it too late when moving towards it.

It's good that they're trying to fix things. They might end up giving enough Jala to buy the season pass at this point. I'm tempted to get the 500 Jala "one time deal" for .99¢ and get the pass which is 950 Jala. Pretty sure you can earn enough for next season's pass if it stays that price. Just depends on if I end up playing this game more than I have.

I got my first over 10k pts (seems much easier to accomplish this in TBs, as I think drones a OP in this mode)! ...At least I think it's my first. I know I haven't done this in BR matches, though for some reason in TBs it doesn't add up your score for Ippon/Drone Master on there results screen like in BR matches. Instead you have to press - on the next screen where it shows the XP you earned, if you want to see your full points (IDK if this is a glitch or not).

Need I mention carrying my team? For some reason I keep getting put on teams with novice teammates, where we lose, because I'm doing all the work. This gives me flashbacks to Splatfests in Splatoon on Wii U, where I'd lose matches do to incompetent teammates. Thus, making it take way longer to rank-up my Splatfest Rank (absolute infuriating ). Luckily I wasn't doing Ranked Matches. :P 

Edited by alienboyva
19 hours ago, alienboyva said:

I got my first over 10k pts (seems much easier to accomplish this in TBs, as I think drones a OP in this mode)! ...At least I think it's my first. I know I haven't done this in BR matches, though for some reason in TBs it doesn't add up your score for Ippon/Drone Master on there results screen like in BR matches. Instead you have to press - on the next screen where it shows the XP you earned, if you want to see your full points (IDK if this is a glitch or not).

Need I mention carrying my team? For some reason I keep getting put on teams with novice teammates, where we lose, because I'm doing all the work. This gives me flashbacks to Splatfests in Splatoon on Wii U, where I'd lose matches do to incompetent teammates. Thus, making it take way longer to rank-up my Splatfest Rank (absolute infuriating ). Luckily I wasn't doing Ranked Matches. :P 

People have to learn somehow. That said, hopefully it'll lessen as the game goes on. Heck, I haven't battled yet. Real life keeps on getting in the way. :(

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

People have to learn somehow. That said, hopefully it'll lessen as the game goes on. Heck, I haven't battled yet. Real life keeps on getting in the way. :(

It wouldn't an issue if it had some sort of matchmaking where it paired you with players around the same lvl as you. ...But yeah, let's hope this lessens as the game goes on.

Hopefully you get a chance to play soon.

11 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

It wouldn't an issue if it had some sort of matchmaking where it paired you with players around the same lvl as you. ...But yeah, let's hope this lessens as the game goes on.

Hopefully you get a chance to play soon.

Fair enough. Noticed similar stuff in Splatoon. Got teamed with an over lv 60 player. Not that I minded, since I got to learn from how they were playing. 

Same here. Only have had time to try to train up on weapons lately. 

Edited by Doc Brown
On 7/14/2020 at 5:29 PM, DLurkster said:
Spoiler

Dude is losing his voice. It was also kinda "eh."

The patch is up! Here are the notes: https://ninjalathegame.com/en/news/info/patch-release-notes-1.2.html

Gum Weapon Parameter Adjustments

Thank you for playing Ninjala.

Since the game’s release, we have observed our players researching gum weapons and becoming more and more proficient in wielding them. As a result, we have seen variations in gum weapon popularity, and are pleased to see a wide variety of gum weapons currently in use.

The Ninjala development team is dedicated to ensuring that players can enjoy a wide variety of battling styles. After careful observation of winning percentages by gum weapon, ranking status, and so forth, we have implemented a host of balance adjustments.

Firstly, we have made adjustments to the massively powerful “Ninja Yo-yo,” as well as the Gum Ninjutsu “Piercing Mixer”, which had been achieving extraordinarily high scores.
In addition, we have implemented some tweaks to make the Gum Ninjutsu “Dragon Lord” and “Ninja Tornado” easier to use.
We hope this adjustment will allow players to further explore the allure of the full lineup of gum weapons.

Damage dealt by the warp attack of the special "Yo-Yo Leap" has been reduced.
Yo-yo-type weapons can be tricky to use, but master them and you’ll be rewarded with high performance and a powerful gum weapon.
The warp attack was so damaging and powerful, that in Battle Royale mode with a large weapon, the “Yo-yo Leap” special and a warp attack alone were enough to destroy a DARUMA (standard size) drone.
As a result, yo-yo-wielding players were able to destroy drones disproportionately faster compared to players using other gum weapon types, leading to score disparities.

With this adjustment, we have reduced the damage dealt, so drones will take slightly longer to destroy than before.
We hope that this will serve to even the playing field against ninjas who attempt to destroy all the drones by themselves and quickly run away.

Ninja Tornado

The attack strength of the Gum Ninjutsu "Ninja Tornado" has been increased.

“Ninja Tornado” renders the user invincible after activation and is useful for both offense and defense, but it was slightly lacking in decisive punch, so we’ve increased the attack strength a bit.

With this adjustment, in Battle Royale, KABUKI (large-type) drones can be destroyed in a single hit, giving you an advantage in the battle to destroy more drones than your opponents.

This will also require all ninja to be more careful when low on life.

Piercing Mixer

Reduced the attack power of Gum Ninjutsu "Piercing Mixer".
The piercing mixer has the weakness of rendering players vulnerable while activated,
but this was made up for by tremendous power that could overwhelm multiple drones and opponents.
With this adjustment, attack strength has been reduced, so it will now take longer to defeat drones and opponents.
As a result, the overall scores obtainable with the Piercing Mixer will decrease, giving it less of a disproportionate advantage over the competition.

Dragon Lord

・The attack strength of the Gum Ninjutsu "Dragon Lord" has been increased.
The “Dragon Lord” Gum Ninjutsu offered relatively low attack power, but made up for this with a rapidly refillable ninjutsu gauge.
However, it often failed to finish off opponents, making it difficult to make effective use of in battle.
With this adjustment, the attack power has been increased so that it can now destroy a DARUMA (normal-size) drone with a single hit.
We hope it can now be used more effectively in a wide variety of situations, against opponents, drones, or both.
Dragon Lord has been reborn as a more powerful dragon. We look forward to seeing it bear its fangs in battle.

・The tracking time of the Gum Ninjutsu "Dragon Lord" has been extended.
The duration it homes against your opponents has increased, making it harder to evade.
Furthermore, it can now be effectively used to attack enemies farther away than before.

・The ninjutsu gauge capacity required to activate the Gum Ninjutsu "Dragon Lord" has been slightly increased.
To reflect the enhanced power and abilities of the “Dragon Lord” ninjutsu, the ninjutsu gauge cost has been increased slightly.

Feature Additions and Adjustments

・Tier Points have been adjusted. Players will now receive 4x more Tier Points at match end.
・Lobby waiting time has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
・When matching for Battle Royale, the battle can be started if there are 6 or more participants.
・When matching for Team Battle mode, battles can now be started when there are 3 players on each team.
・Player level required to unlock the Ninjala Battle and Invite functions has been reduced from level 5 to level 3.
・In-game tips information has been updated.
・Tips now display when transitioning from the Standby Dojo to the start of battle.
・Standby Dojo NPC opponents now are able to use S-Bursts.
・The Online Manual can now also be accessed from a banner in your base.
・When configuring room battles, passwords can no longer be visually recognized after input.
*To completely prevent the password from being identified on the game screen, you must have a USB keyboard connected.

Resolution of Known Issues

・An issue where extremely poor transmission speeds would cause identification of teammates and opponents has been resolved.
・An issue where extremely poor transmission speeds would cause glitches in the stage display when transitioning to the standby dojo has been resolved.
・An issue where being hit by the Gum Ninjutsu “Tenchi Muyo” would occcasionally cause players to freeze in midair has been resolved.
・An issue wherein loading favorite costumes in the Matching Lobby would cause your avatar icon to not display properly has been resolved.
・In addition to the above, other issues have been resolved to ensure a smoother, more enjoyable game experience.

* Updating to Ver1.2 is mandatory for all players.
* To download the update, sufficient free space is required in your console’s internal storage or an installed microSD card.
* All information is accurate as of the time of posting.

3 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

Dude is losing his voice. It was also kinda "eh."

I'm not sure if I mentioned this you or your brother Keazy....now that I remember it was him.

Around 2 years ago they replace the guy who usual do these honest game trailer with this 60% sound-a-like guy. He's growing on me. Funny thing is the original guy still does the movies tho. Must be different companies and all.

HUh... I didn't realize that yo-yos were so OP against drones. I guess that's how some people were getting 10-15+ drones a match. Nice to see that the Yo-Yo Leap special has been nerfed (though, mainly for dorne reasons). It was BS that people could hit you with that from so far away/above and immediately combo you to death. Also, nice to see the Piercing Mixer Ninjutsu has been nerfed and that connection issues with things not loading, plus other persistent bugs have been fixed.

My other thoughts....

4 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

Feature Additions and Adjustments

・Tier Points have been adjusted. Players will now receive 4x more Tier Points at match end. Thank you! I heard it was getting pretty tough to tier up in later liers, given you need so many pts and plus some missions rely on your opponents doing/having certain things. Seems like they were really pushing you to buy Jala to tier up.
Lobby waiting time has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds. Nice to seem them making it so that matches start faster.
・When matching for Battle Royale, the battle can be started if there are 6 or more participants. You should be able to start a match with at least 2 people. Though, it was kind of annoying to be in the Standby Dojo waiting forever for that 8th player to join your BR match, to only not find them and get kicked out.
・When matching for Team Battle mode, battles can now be started when there are 3 players on each team. Nice! ...But it would be nice if it were 2 vs 2.
・Player level required to unlock the Ninjala Battle and Invite functions has been reduced from level 5 to level 3. Nice, but we should be able to join a friend's game without having to invite them to a party (like in Splatoon) just to play with them.
・In-game tips information has been updated. Anything to help newcomers understand that game faster is very much welcomed. Though, it is fun destroying people not knowing fulyl how to play. 
・Tips now display when transitioning from the Standby Dojo to the start of battle. ^ Pretty much what I said above.
・Standby Dojo NPC opponents now are able to use S-Bursts. Nice. Though, if only there was an option to have them actually attack you in the Standby Dojo.
・The Online Manual can now also be accessed from a banner in your base. Nice to see them making the manual easier to access and more noticable. I've seen a lot of newcomers saying this game doesn't really explain things all that well.
・When configuring room battles, passwords can no longer be visually recognized after input. Cool, I guess...
*To completely prevent the password from being identified on the game screen, you must have a USB keyboard connected.

Overall this update is a good start. They still need to nerf (or just remove) the Tenchi Muyo Ninjutsu. It's so BS that it's a guaranteed ippon if you land a hit. So many times people have come up behind me or I've gone to attack someone and they've ipponed me with this, because I didn't know they had it ready. All the other Ninjutsu moves have some kind of window where you can dodge the attack, even if it is a very small window.

unD1hwV.png

I'm just going to leave this here...

That shirt is petty sweet tho

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Ninjala - Ninja-Gum Battle Action! (Free-to-Play) | ⚔️1st IPPON MATSURI: 7/21 - 7/26

GungHo has announced the game's first event!...

🔗https://ninjalathegame.com/en/news/event/ippon-matsuri.html

cevGUfv.png?1

Schedule

July 21, 2020, 19:00 (PDT) - July 26, 2020, 22:59 (PDT)
22 July 2020, 03:00 (BST) - 27 July 2020, 06:59 (BST)
22 July 2020, 12:00 (AEST) - 27 July 2020, 15:59 (AEST)
A major event involving all WNA students!

The 1st IPPON MATSURI (Festival) is here!
Show off your ninja skills and defeat your opponents to earn all kinds of rewards!

1. Set records together! Rewards for total IPPON scores!

s7itWhb.png?1

See how many IPPON you can score!
During the festival, the total number of IPPON scored by all players in Quick Battles, Ninjala Battles, and Room Battles will be counted up.
This will apply to all rule settings and all stages.

* How to score an IPPON
Defeat an opponent from a parry state, from a Gum Bind, or using Gum Ninjutsu to score an IPPON.

Earn rewards according to the total number of IPPON scored by all players!

Rewards will be distributed to all based upon the total number of IPPON achieved by all players.
The higher the total number of IPPON, the more extravagant the reward will be.

Rewards will be distributed via in-game email after the results for the final day has been calculated.

* Updates on the current total number of IPPON achieved will be reported regularly on the official Ninjala social media channels.

Ninjala Official Twitter

2. A special bonus will be added to result rewards!
This event is your chance to earn more Ninja-Gum, assist codes, and various medals than ever!
Battle hard, battle often, and put your ninja skills on display!

Ninja-Gum probability increased!
Collect all kinds of Ninja-Gum to give your in-game avatar a stylish and unique look all your own!

Assist code probability increased!
Collect assist codes to enhance performance!

Increased chance of winning gold medals! Furthermore, you'll earn extra silver and bronze medals!
Collect medals of all kinds and unlock Shinobi Card slots!

* Special bonuses will be awarded even if you fail to score an IPPON during battle.

3. Take part in the Ninjala Twitter campaign commemorating the first IPPON MATSURI (Festival)!

vCaK6Y5.png?1

Follow the official Ninjala Twitter account "@Ninjala_JP" or "@playninjala" and retweet the designated tweet, and you'll be entered into a drawing to win 1,000 Jala, Ninjala's in-game currency. (100 players will receive the prize.)

Campaign Schedule
July 21, 2020, 19:00 (PDT) - July 26, 2020, 22:59 (PDT)
22 July 2020, 03:00 (BST) - 27 July 2020, 06:59 (BST)
22 July 2020, 12:00 (AEST) - 27 July 2020, 15:59 (AEST)

How to Participate
1. Follow Ninjala's official Twitter account “@Ninjala_JP” or “@playninjala”.
2. Retweet tweets with the campaign hashtag (#IPPON_MATSURI) tweeted by the Ninjala official Twitter account.

* Anyone with a Twitter account can apply.
* If you do not follow the Ninjala official Twitter account, or if you retweet a tweet without the campaign hashtag, you will not be eligible for the lottery.

Prizes
The following prizes will be awarded to selected players.

Prize                           |   Number of winners

In-game item: 1,000 Jala   |          100 people

* Winners will receive a direct message from the Ninjala official Twitter account regarding how to claim their prize. Please inform us of the information necessary to distribute the prize by the deadline stated in the direct message.
* Communication regarding prizes can only be conducted in English or Japanese. We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.
* To receive the free gift, you will need a Nintendo Switch(TM) system with the Ninjala game installed, a Ninjala game account, and access to the internet.
* If you do not contact us with the information necessary to receive the gift, if the information is incomplete, if your Twitter account is closed, or if you delete the tweet, you will be deemed to have forfeited the prize.
* Any individual player is only eligible to receive the prize once. If it is determined that you have falsely applied to receive the prize multiple times, the second and any subsequent winnings will be rendered invalid.

So, I take it this is going to be Ninjala's version of Splatfests...?

Edited by alienboyva

Here's a look at upcoming content come in Season 2 on Aug. 26th...

Of course they add a weapon that's just a stick of gum. :D  I really dig that new board weapon class, but it makes me wonder if having that much mobility would be a bit OP'd on smaller stages like WNA Academy...?

q3VUGJC.png?1

A new tire boosting event has been announced, which runs from 7/30 to 8/10. Tier points for completing missions during this event will be TRIPLED!!!

Full Details: https://ninjalathegame.com/en/news/event/ninjala-pass-matsuri.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 2nd ep of the anime is now available....

*If you haven't seen the first ep., see spoiler below*

It's cool that they're creating these to give more backstory to the characters in the game.

Spoiler

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Ninjala - Ninja-Gum Battle Action! (Free-to-Play) | 🌟1st Ninjala Pass MATSURI: 7/30-8/10
  • 2 weeks later...

Matchmaking has now been made Worldwide, instead of being Regional...

Who's ready to get destroyed by JPN players? 😅

For anyone experiencing massive lag and/or long delays in matchmaking after this update...

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Ninjala - Ninja-Gum Battle Action! (Free-to-Play) | 🦔Sonic the Hedgehog collab: SOON!