Pokémon Café Mix | ☕Available Now! 🐇Spec. Customer Scorbunny: 7/1 - 7/15

wyihB8m.png

Release Date: June 23rd *Pre-load now (Switch/Mobile)*

Site: https://cafemix.pokemon.com/en-us/

Price: FREE (In-App Purchases)

Mu2gWFM.png js01mDZ.png

D8Bmte1.png  js01mDZ.png

Complete touch-based puzzles to serve dishes and drinks to adorable Pokémon customers!

Link together Pokémon™ icons to clear puzzles as you work to build up your very own café in Pokémon Café Mix, a free-to-start game for the Nintendo Switch™ system! Meet the goals for each puzzle before you run out of turns—link a certain number of icons, get a high score, or even destroy sugar cubes to serve up Pokémon themed menu items.

Meet and grow your café staff of charming Pokémon eager to help

Recruit Pokémon to help out at the café (in their adorable uniforms) by building friendship and expand your café and menu offerings by completing puzzles. Each Pokémon staff member has a Café Skill that will come in handy during puzzles!

Golden Acorns can help you complete puzzles and recruit more Pokémon!

Earn or purchase Golden Acorns, the in-game currency, and redeem them to regain hearts, continue puzzles, and get helpful items.

As you complete puzzles to build a world-class café, you’ll face obstacles such as sugar cubes, dollops of whipped cream, and tomatoes! Use your puzzle skills to clear them and employ the help of Pokémon’s Café Skills for some extra oomph! In addition to Café Skills, each Pokémon staff member has a specialty. Match a Pokémon’s specialty with the dish or drink you are making for bonuses in puzzles.

Once a day you can invite two randomly-selected Pokémon to your café. Looking for a specific Pokémon to join your staff? With Golden Acorns you can refresh this selection.

In addition to recruiting more Pokémon staff members and growing your collection of menu items, the café itself will expand as you play! Getting new tools or having areas added to your café may even draw in more customers. All the action in Pokémon Café Mix unfolds in a playful art style that brings out the cuteness of your Pokémon pals and patrons. It’s time to become a café owner, solve puzzles, and bring joy to Pokémon patrons!

8rfvH43.pngLjTc0la.pngAlwb6Ug.pnghKaKU4a.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone going to download this? 

I really like the art style, but I'm not sold on the gameplay with that stirring mechanic. It seems like there's not much strategie and that it's mostly just dumb luck. Also, it sucks you can only play in handheld mode. I'll give it a try when it comes out, because I absolutely loved PKMN Shuffle on the 3DS and was hoping it would get ported or a sequel would come to Switch. Here's hoping Café Mix is just as good!

Edited by alienboyva
  • alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon Café Mix | ☕Available 6/23
56 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Offered as a puzzle game but all I saw was drawing circles or making circular motions to drag around Pokemon to clear somehow.  What puzzle am I actually solving?  Hard pass for me and not because I am not into Pokemon... it just looks dumb.

Café Mix seems to play similar to that Disney Tsum Tsum game, which they also made a version for Switch. I've never played it, but it's fairly popular among mobile gamers.

Edited by alienboyva

Same here, AB.

I'm sold on the artstyle but even tho it seems similar to trozei and/or shuffle. I guess I have to try it out and see if it is my cup tea.

I see a lot of artstyles for Pokemon and I really like this one and I never had one that sold me so quick, I'm will to try this game out for the artstyle alone.

2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Offered as a puzzle game but all I saw was drawing circles or making circular motions to drag around Pokemon to clear somehow.  What puzzle am I actually solving?  Hard pass for me and not because I am not into Pokemon... it just looks dumb.

I've never played the Tsum Tsum game that AB mentioned above but just from watching the trailer it seems the hook is more on the level of a score attack.  The more of a certain type of Pokemon that you can connect in a single stroke the higher your score.  I don't know what kind of consequence element (like the screen filling up in Tetris resulting in a game over) they have that's playing against you as there didn't really seem to be one other than challenging yourself to connect more/score higher.

This wasn't my favorite announcement from today, but definitely the most interesting for me. I like how Pokemon can inspire its own in-universe items, like the Eevee Cake and the Diglett sandwiches, and that the Pokemon Company is willing to run with it for this game. I don't know if the game is for me as I haven't really been too into puzzle games lately. The art direction and inspired designs are great and I would be willing to try a demo if it were made available. 

13 hours ago, IU said:

This wasn't my favorite announcement from today, but definitely the most interesting for me. I like how Pokemon can inspire its own in-universe items, like the Eevee Cake and the Diglett sandwiches, and that the Pokemon Company is willing to run with it for this game. I don't know if the game is for me as I haven't really been too into puzzle games lately. The art direction and inspired designs are great and I would be willing to try a demo if it were made available. 

It's a free-to-play game. There's no need for a demo.

• alienboyva changed the title to Pokémon Café Mix | ☕Available Now! 🐇Spec. Customer Scorbunny: 7/1 - 7/15

Has anyone downloaded this yet?

I played a bit last night (got up to order "lvl" 28) and this is a lot more fun than I was expecting. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, since the game was made by Genius Sonority, who also made PKMN Shuffle (which I loved) and PKMN Trozie (never played). For anyone wondering, the in-app purchases aren't that intrusive. It pretty much works like in PKMN Shuffle, where you have hearts, which you only lose if you fail to complete a puzzle and you will gain back more over time. However, you can get more hearts at with the in-game currency, which you can earn from playing the game, or buy with $. One thing I kind of don't like his how the count down timer for making your move when you pick-up a piece is placed right next to the piece you've picked-up. I can't tell you how many times I've unexpectedly had my turn suddenly stop, because I didn't see the timer, do to my finger covering it up. Also, I've also noticed that I'll sometimes accidentally pick-up the wrong piece, when I'm meant to pick-up one near it, which in some cases, totally will screw me for completing that puzzle in the number of moves. I can't how more annoying these things would be playing on smaller screen devices. 

I'm not sure if the friend list works between Switch and Mobile, but if anyone here is also playing the game, here's my friend ID (might add a friend list to the OP). It'd be nice if this game worked with your Switch friend list. Though, it's clear this game was developed more with mobile in mind.

Too bad I have to get to order (lvl) 77 to get my fav. PKMN Bulbasaur. :-(

I was gonna DL this on the Switch but forgot it is handheld only.

Funny, if this came out a month ago I would of been on board because I was playing some game in tabletop and handheld mode. I'm mostly playing docked now.

So I DL'd this on my phone and have yet to play but this does sound like Shuffle and from what you described, this sounds like fun. Just gotta try it... eventually.

I've been playing it and the art style is the only thing that really stands out as noteworthy. The puzzles aren't engaging, you don't really do any decorating yourself for the cafe, and its not particularly hard either. I spent a LOT of time playing pokemon shuffle, and will speak of the merits of that til the cows come home, but I probably won't spend much time on Cafe Mix for much longer. 

4 hours ago, skycandy said:

I've been playing it and the art style is the only thing that really stands out as noteworthy. The puzzles aren't engaging, you don't really do any decorating yourself for the cafe, and its not particularly hard either. I spent a LOT of time playing pokemon shuffle, and will speak of the merits of that til the cows come home, but I probably won't spend much time on Cafe Mix for much longer. 

Yeah, Pokémon Shuffle was the shit! I kind of wish they would had made a new one for Switch in istead or just ported over the 3DS/mobile version (even if I can't transfer my progress from 3DS). I think Café Mix is OK for what it is, but it's definitely no Shuffle. ...And not being able to decorate the café yourself is pretty lame. I'm not sure how long I will continue playing this, though it most likely won't be anywhere near as long as Shuffle. 

Edited by alienboyva