Rate the Smash Bros Ultimate CORE roster

Rate the CORE roster of characters how you see fit.  I see so many ways to rate characters and with so many choices and personal tastes its hard for me to even nail down a format for decision making overall.  So, just rate them however you like them, by whatever criteria, usage, look, or other you like.

For me:

1) My personal best characters( aka I feel I have a shot at winning every time I use them):

Bowser and ROB.

--I just feel I have a good understanding of how both work and how I can combat different opponents best with these two.

2) My NEXT best tier of characters (aka I play them well and compitently, and rarely do I screw myself over with them)

Ridley, Incineroar, Richter, Dark Pit, Young Link, Roy, Marth, Pac Man, Corrin

--basically with these guys, I feel I have a good shot at winning with them and I understand their moves.

-Richter over Simon because of character speed.

-Dark Pit over Pit because for whatever reason I just perform better with DP.

-I feel pretty good about my Pac Man usage of strategies.

-If I can hit a good groove with Ridley or Incineroar I can really do some damage

-I like a lot of Corrin's moves

3) My 3rd tier of characters (aka I like to play them and can play them, but I seem to go for them not very often)

Ganon, Palutena, Mr. Game & Watch, Sonic, Simon, Daisy, Ken, Ryu, Cloud

4) My 4th tier of characters (aka  I can make due in a match but don't play a lot)

Duck Hunt, King DeDeDe, King K. Rool, Sheik 

5) My 5th tier of characters (aka I like enough to want to get better with but haven't made the effort)

Peach( I just like Daisy better), Meta Knight, Pokemon Trainer, Villager, Pit, Mega Man, Samus, Dark Samus, Zero Suit Samus, Bowser Jr.

6) My 6th tier of characters (aka I neither love nor hate but just don't pick for whatever reason)

Robin, Bayonetta, Little Mac, Ice Climbers, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk

7) My 7th tier of characters are characters I suck with but I won't be mad if i had to play them

Inkling, Isabelle, Young Link, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Lucina, Lucario, Mewtwo, Shulk

8) Characters I just don't like/hate to use

Mario, Dr. Mario, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Ike, Chrom, Wario, Nes, Lucas, Olimar, Rosalina, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, Pichu, Greninja, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Snake

Edited by purple_beard
Ki

In whatever format you rate and yours is good PB but I cannot possibly do that.

Too much work to dig through to rate. I can go into really long explanations with each and everyone on of them. So imma pass on this.

So it's write all thoroughly or pass. I can't condense it.

4 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

In whatever format you rate and yours is good PB but I cannot possibly do that.

Too much work to dig through to rate. I can go into really long explanations with each and everyone on of them. So imma pass on this.

So it's write all thoroughly or pass. I can't condense it.

You could make is simple as like/dislike/don't play or I like _ because...  No need to do the whole roster if you skip a ton of them

4 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

You could make is simple as like/dislike/don't play or I like _ because...  No need to do the whole roster if you skip a ton of them

I'll think about it.

But to not rate every fighter I don't play seem disingenuous to me. If I don't play or like the fighter I want state why so putting why some are more highly regarded to means I should state why I don't play or like the not so highly regarded.

I guess that's a me thing but as I said I'll think about it.

I ended up gravitating toward Wii Fit Trainer in Ultimate and she became my main. The changes that occurred to Samus with her Missiles, and this applies to Dark Samus too, made her feel off. She has yet to feel like she did in Melee where she was at her best in my opinion. Below those two, I think I liked Wolf, Donkey Kong, Ridley, Dark Pit, Link, Bowser Jr., Shulk, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Jigglypuff and Bowser the most. The best character updates were for Link and Ganondorf. Taking inspiration from Breath of the Wild, I would say this is my favorite iteration of Link in Super Smash Bros. I would say the same for Ganondorf, and all that took was giving him a sword attack. 

I haven't had a bad experience with any character in the roster. When I do play Smash, I usually play casually unless I'm battling my siblings. Most of the roster only gets attention from me if I'm doing random selection. The times when I decided to go with an underplayed character before deciding to go random, I found myself taking a minute or two on the character select screen figuring out who I was in the mood to play as. I do think the large size and quality of the roster is a huge positive for Ultimate, but also do see it as overwhelming at times. 

6 hours ago, IU said:

I ended up gravitating toward Wii Fit Trainer in Ultimate and she became my main. The changes that occurred to Samus with her Missiles, and this applies to Dark Samus too, made her feel off. She has yet to feel like she did in Melee where she was at her best in my opinion. Below those two, I think I liked Wolf, Donkey Kong, Ridley, Dark Pit, Link, Bowser Jr., Shulk, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Jigglypuff and Bowser the most. The best character updates were for Link and Ganondorf. Taking inspiration from Breath of the Wild, I would say this is my favorite iteration of Link in Super Smash Bros. I would say the same for Ganondorf, and all that took was giving him a sword attack. 

I haven't had a bad experience with any character in the roster. When I do play Smash, I usually play casually unless I'm battling my siblings. Most of the roster only gets attention from me if I'm doing random selection. The times when I decided to go with an underplayed character before deciding to go random, I found myself taking a minute or two on the character select screen figuring out who I was in the mood to play as. I do think the large size and quality of the roster is a huge positive for Ultimate, but also do see it as overwhelming at times. 

I like your roster of characters.  WFT isn't too bad, I just prefer so many others.

I don't do random a whole lot but yeah, staring at a roster that large to manually pick random is kind of daunting.