The Ramen Bowl - N4A Chat Thread - June 2020

Chrom

R.I.P. Brier Bear, Brier Fox, Brier Rabbit, Zippidy-do-Da, the Laughin’ Place and possibly the animatronic characters from Disney’s America Sings. Splash Mountain in Disneyland and Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom is being re-themed into Disney’s Princess and the Frog to cut ties with Walt Disney’s Song of the South. 

I don’t know if the imagineers can even think of anything as catchy as Zippidey-Do-Da. Theses are some chasing times.

Eh, it’ll be fine.

Edited by The Albraskan
1 hour ago, The Albraskan said:

R.I.P. Brier Bear, Brier Fox, Brier Rabbit, Zippidy-do-Da, the Laughin’ Place and possibly the animatronic characters from Disney’s America Sings. Splash Mountain in Disneyland and Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom is being re-themed into Disney’s Princess and the Frog to cut ties with Walt Disney’s Song of the South. 

I don’t know if the imagineers can even think of anything as catchy as Zippidey-Do-Da. Theses are some chasing times.

Eh, it’ll be fine.

They could always just re-write the song to accommodate the Princess and the Frog characters without having to acknowledge where it originally came from.

As long as we get Friends on the Other Side, though, I'm good.

Honestly I’ll have to rewatch Princess and the Frog. I remember it was real good though. One of Disney’s last major traditional 2D animations as well. Plus PatF setting wise makes a perfect fitting to be between Critter Country and New Orleans Square in Disneyland than Moana would.

I think for me the new re-theming is going to be weird and a bit of taking use to, but it’ll work out.

EVERDAY'S GREAT AT YOUR BEST BUY! JUNES! 

I finally finished Persona 4 Golden. I'm going to say it right now... I think Persona 5 Royal is the better game, even though Golden has some things that make it a bit more unique, there are some things that Golden does better, and Persona 4 might be a better cultural phenomena thanks to the endless spinoffs it gets. That's not to say I hate Persona 4 Golden, because it's on my Top 100 now. i just think Persona 5 improved on the ideals Persona 4 had. That does not make Persona 4 Golden a bad game, far from it. Like all games eventually fear to face, Persona 4 Golden has lost some of its polish, not all of it. And if you disagree with me, that's not to say you're wrong. It's just my experience, and I know I can be a bit of a video game contrarian anyways. 

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Glad to finally be back on here. Posting from my new phone. :)

Welcome back! Hadn’t seen ya around in awhile. Was afraid you were one of the ones that had just left quietly or something.

Nintendo related news could still be better, but hyped for Min Min whose coming out for Smash tomorrow, and piqued for the new Pokemon Snap (despite other disappointing news like the Pokemon MOBA); still can’t believe that’s actually a thing now.

Other than that, have gotten back into art and drawing, which has helped with mental health and constructiveness, especially with the current times.

23 minutes ago, Ridley Prime said:

Welcome back! Hadn’t seen ya around in awhile. Was afraid you were one of the ones that had just left quietly or something.

Nintendo related news could still be better, but hyped for Min Min whose coming out for Smash tomorrow, and piqued for the new Pokemon Snap (despite other disappointing news like the Pokemon MOBA); still can’t believe that’s actually a thing now.

Other than that, have gotten back into art and drawing, which has helped with mental health and constructiveness, especially with the current times.

Thanks! Nah, couldn't find my password. Gotta get them better organized. 

Ah. I'm not that hyped about Min Min. She's ok though. As for the Pokemon moba, not thrilled about Tencent being involved with it. I'd have to use nothing but fake data there.

That's good to hear. Been getting back into reading lately and some gaming. Appreciate that the Switch has some decent free games. Really like Island Saver - seriously.  It's a pretty well made free game. lhappy;

17 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

EVERDAY'S GREAT AT YOUR BEST BUY! JUNES! 

I finally finished Persona 4 Golden. I'm going to say it right now... I think Persona 5 Royal is the better game, even though Golden has some things that make it a bit more unique, there are some things that Golden does better, and Persona 4 might be a better cultural phenomena thanks to the endless spinoffs it gets. That's not to say I hate Persona 4 Golden, because it's on my Top 100 now. i just think Persona 5 improved on the ideals Persona 4 had. That does not make Persona 4 Golden a bad game, far from it. Like all games eventually fear to face, Persona 4 Golden has lost some of its polish, not all of it. And if you disagree with me, that's not to say you're wrong. It's just my experience, and I know I can be a bit of a video game contrarian anyways. 

it's alright bro we aren't gonna eat you for liking P5 more. it's a good game haha