The Ramen Bowl - N4A Chat Thread - June 2020

Chrom

9 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Did they fix Melia's AI in the Xenoblade remake, or is she still stupid?

Haven't gotten that far yet (I'm trying to do all of the quests so my progress is slow), but from what I've hard AI hasn't changed in this game. So yeah, Melia probably isn't worth using outside of player control.

1 hour ago, skycandy said:

happy sunday gamers, i have nothing of note to report on but i started replaying the urbz: sims in the city last night and man i wish they'd make another mission based sim game again, this shit slaps

Yes!! I loved those Sims games on consoles back then.

The Game Boy and DS games were unique and fun as well.

2 minutes ago, Kodiack said:

Yes!! I loved those Sims games on consoles back then.

The Game Boy and DS games were unique and fun as well.

I have The Urbz on DS, and Bustin' Out on GBA, and I remember playing them SO much back in the day! The thing that always stuck out to me was how funny they are, I still crack up at the stupid stuff they say :D 

I was going to buy an Xbox Elite Controller for I am a fool and am easily parted from my money, but I waited a bit on the decision and realized it was a bad idea, so instead I got myself one of those nifty 8bitdo SNES controllers to use with my PC. My Xbox one controller is super flaky for some reason and using a PS4 controller on PC is a pain in the ass as well.

I'm excited to see how this thing works out because I've heard nothing but the highest praise for them

if it's the one that's shaped like a snes but with joysticks it's pretty solidly built. my roommate has one.
don't like the joystick aspect because they're awkward to use without handles on the controller though

I shaved my coronabeard. Basically stopped trimming my short-trim beard as soon as I began work from home. Plan was to let it go full feral and wear it for a full week upon returning to work, buuuuut returning to work full-time is a long way off. So I did some character customization as I got rid of it

Spoiler

beard1.thumb.jpg.21cd2550b3b5e18b354bd80f009c450f.jpg

beard2.thumb.jpg.84ab8494a3c20068c09c4ff74d688001.jpg

beard3.thumb.jpg.1621c045562e17cf3b6be3c3300e9cb3.jpg

beard4.thumb.jpg.cd6e0503df7fd9efc48fc2e706354e73.jpg

beard5.thumb.jpg.b087aa54d7e864b50292c34c90362fd3.jpg

I took it too far. Haven't been clean shaven in like 4 years.

I ended up buying P4G to study but had to return it because there was no way to get it to not pause when alt-tabbed. Of all things.
I have to constantly click back and forth while reading Japanese so it was a real bummer, but I couldn't find any third-party solutions either.
Things to trick the window into remaining in the front didn't keep it from pausing either.
In any case, I just went back to emulating the PS2 version like I had planned from the beginning lol.
Shame to give up all the nice extra content, but I can always replay it again down the road.

In any case, the dialog in this game is yet another step up in difficulty. Gettin my ass kicked here y;

Edited by Pichi
11 hours ago, Pichi said:

if it's the one that's shaped like a snes but with joysticks it's pretty solidly built. my roommate has one.
don't like the joystick aspect because they're awkward to use without handles on the controller though

It has handles!

2ED735AE-768F-44F8-9258-B9C7ADEC3241.thumb.jpeg.fdce4c18aa035c9865c67b4faed9f3dc.jpeg

I’ve seen nothing but the highest praise for this thing and I’m excited to get it in my hands 

1 hour ago, ace said:

It has handles!

I’ve seen nothing but the highest praise for this thing and I’m excited to get it in my hands 

oh okay not the one i was thinking of. but i've heard good things about this as well

4 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

I'm pretty sure SimCity (SNES) and 2000 are still the best in the series. I tried playing SimCity 4 once, but all I remember was compatibility issues with Vista. I always install Micropolis for Linux. y;

4 is weird but 3k is pretty much just 2k with more updates i think

Edited by Pichi