The Ramen Bowl - N4A Chat Thread - June 2020

Chrom

@Pichi@DranSeasona

I should have denoted that my ranking was based on my favorites, so it's all subjective. I have a post from a year ago that goes over my thoughts of the series:

At the time I was playing DQ3, and I plan on elaborating more on my thoughts of the game and the Erdrick trilogy later.

Picked up Grandia HD Collection and Tales of Vesperia from the Eshop sale this week. I played through ToV last year on the PS4, and I thought it was okay. I wish developers would provide a cross-save solution for multiplatform games. I spent almost a week grinding Grade so I could have my abilities and other stuff for Newgame+.

Seeing Persona 4 get an official PC release makes me nostalgic for playing P4 on emulator back in 2012. Fun game, enjoyed my time with it despite dropping the game because I didn't have enough wisdom to progress the story. Only attempted the game once after, but I was busy trying to find a job at the time and was too stressed to enjoy it. That, and JRPGs based in high school just no longer appeal to me.

Oh ok cool. :) Will check that out in a bit. Thanks!

Just beat XC2 last night. I am happy I took the plunge. Overall this game really resonated with me. Although it is a little weird how they end it IMO since Rex is only like 15, but whatever... in any case. Good game overall, neat plot. A few sticking points though, all of which was covered already.

Two weeks after the initial event that put me in the hospital. I can walk on my own, albeit a bit like someone in their late 80s and not for too long. I can game and watch TV. Computer makes me a little dizzy as it takes up a greater portion of my FOV. Still a ways to full recovery, but I think there's been quite a bit of progress.

44 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Two weeks after the initial event that put me in the hospital. I can walk on my own, albeit a bit like someone in their late 80s and not for too long. I can game and watch TV. Computer makes me a little dizzy as it takes up a greater portion of my FOV. Still a ways to full recovery, but I think there's been quite a bit of progress.  

Here’s to you getting better! (Darn phone won’t let me post under this quote thing.)

EVERYDAY'S GREAT AT YOUR TARGET JUNES! 

Man, I wonder if a good Persona 3 port would ever come to PC at this rate. One that has control over the party members. I bought P3... but, the fact that you're forced into the whims of party AI kind of worries me. Not to mention... not really the time to play a game like that right now. Maybe Halloween time. 

3 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

Is Picross S4 good? I finished Mario's Picross a year ago and have since felt something missing in my life. Is S4 what I need in order to find fulfillment?

@skycandy

I actually only so far have Picross S, and if the Picross e series is any indicator, I can only assume itd be pretty good. Jupiter knows how to make picross, so if you're in the mood you can't go wrong with the newest installation. My only gripe with S is that its only Picross and Mega Picross, but I think the later ones have more anyway. y;

I'd also suggest Murder By Numbers if you're in the mood for a short murder mystery with picross as its driving gameplay flower;

16 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

EVERYDAY'S GREAT AT YOUR TARGET JUNES! 

Man, I wonder if a good Persona 3 port would ever come to PC at this rate. One that has control over the party members. I bought P3... but, the fact that you're forced into the whims of party AI kind of worries me. Not to mention... not really the time to play a game like that right now. Maybe Halloween time. 

would love to see the features from P3P but without the VN setup

I'm thinking sometime this Summer I'm going to play through Ocarina of Time within a day. I'll start at around 6AM and have around 18 hours. Should be plenty of time, but I almost want to stream it. I haven't used a capture device in almost 10 years, and this stuff is still pretty expensive. I just assumed things had become easier with streamers becoming really popular. This isn't factoring that I use Linux and my options are limited.

55 minutes ago, Youngster Joey said:

I'm thinking sometime this Summer I'm going to play through Ocarina of Time within a day. I'll start at around 6AM and have around 18 hours. Should be plenty of time, but I almost want to stream it. I haven't used a capture device in almost 10 years, and this stuff is still pretty expensive. I just assumed things had become easier with streamers becoming really popular. This isn't factoring that I use Linux and my options are limited.

Streaming is substantially easier than before thanks to projects like OBS Studio and the huge proliferation of resources.
The GV-USB2 is the best SD capture card, although looking recently it's jumped up in price compared to its $30-40 a few years ago
The Diamond VC500 and Dazzle DVC100 are some cap cards that I knew were recommended back in the day before the GV-USB2 became popular, although I don't have experience getting any of these to work on Windows, personally.
If you decide to stream it, post here and tag me. I'd love to hang out for a little bit.