Quite a few games this coming week

So this week is pretty packed in terms of software releases for the Switch!  Not sure why 2K thought it the best idea to release three different collections in the same week but I suppose a variety of options doesn't hurt especially if you hadn't touched any of these titles.  This isn't even accounting for others coming like Shantae & the Seven Sirens and Minecraft Dungeons.

Personally speaking, other than Xenoblade I'm most interested in BioShock and I'm keen on giving Borderlands a try as well.

Xenoblade Chronicles - Definitive Edition Switch (EU) CD Key, Key ...Switch_Borderlands-Legendary_description-char.jpgSwitch_BioShock-TheCollection_description-char.jpgSwitch_XCOM2Collection_description-char.jpg

I'm hoping to get Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition for my birthday a week from today. Bioshock is one I'll have to do more research on in terms of download size, visual performance and gameplay on the Switch, but it did seem the most interesting to me from 2K. It is unfortunate that it's releasing so close to Xenoblade which should be one of my main Switch experiences over the next few months. 

Keep in mind, if you're getting the 2K games (physical or digital), you're going to need some space.

Using Borderlands as an example, the physical version comes with Borderlands on the cartridge and a code for 2 and The Pre-Sequel. The 2K Store states the download will require at least 42 GB. If you've played 2K games on the Switch, this won't come as a surprise. The company's games are among the largest on the Switch in terms of file size. 

I really need to get around to playing the copy of XCOM 2 I have for my PS4.

I can't imagine the Bioshock games will run as well on the Switch as on any other platform, but if it's your only option they're some of the best games to come out of the last generation and are absolutely worth playing.

Borderlands is also a blast and a great time sink. As far as time sinks are concerned though, my next super long game project will be Xenoblade Chronicles. Looking forward to exploring that world again.

I preloaded Xenoblade a few days ago after seeing all the updates and impressions showing how much they're seriously improving the game. I'm really happy about it. Seems like a great remastering of an already great game. Though I don't think I'll play too much of it at first since I'm deep into Dragon Quest XI right now and that game's a big investment of time.

I have the 2K game collections in some form on other platforms so not going for those really, though it's cool they are out on my birthday. I would love to get Shantae but not for the $30 digital price, wish there was a physical version. Have been trying to use my current Gamefly $5 code so i can stop that drain every month but limited on a game to pick for keeping.

I DL'd but have not played the BS Collection on PS4 when it was free to DL like 2-3 months ago. If it wasn't for the Rabbids+Mario I wouldn't of played the game on the series so hearing that game lends it's play from XCDE and seeing gameplay, I'm on board to getting.

It's no brainer for XC:DE.

Since it wasn't brought up XCDE file size is: 24.3GB. Getting it digitally from what I recall I have about 20GB on my 500GB micro SD card gotta make some room.

Also today the DLC for Mortal Kombat 11 is out today; Aftermath.