Paper Mario: The Origami King - TRAILER - July 17/20

• 2 weeks later...

Open-world Paper Mario could be interesting. I'm still disappointed that we're not getting the classic Paper Mario RPG mechanics around leveling, combat, and partners, but I have been wondering how this could still work and be enjoyable. I haven't otherwise really been keeping up too much after the initial disappointment.

Hopefully it manages to deliver some quality in the end. I never played Sticker Star or Colour Splash and lost all interest in doing so after reading some user reviews and watching gameplay footage.

Welp, imma take the plunge and get this game. I think it earned to be played with what is show.

Not giving it the benefit of the doubt or anything, Just gonna play, nor am I gonna just accept it for what Paper Mario is now. As I said just simply play the game.

I'm waiting on reviews for this one, specifically from those that have had a problem with the last two games. I do think that Origami King has the best shot of moving out of TTYD's shadow, and an open world concept certainly could help if it is fully open world. Two of the major bosses being a colored pencil set and office tape still is something I'm having a hard time looking passed. 

I mentioned when the first trailer came out I'd wait for reviews but I'm taking a chance, I'm not confident of what I want to expect because at this point with Paper Mario is just foolhardy really. So far what is shown seems worth the buy and I won't totally regret.

Yeah, some where I'm iffy I do wait for reviews, this one is a rare not because of the history series with me but simply look enjoyable.

I finally watched that second trailer of origami king, and it does look like an improvement overall over the last couple of installments though I'm still hesitant. Honestly most of my hopes are in the next paper mario installment, not this one, as I have a feeling the next paper mario might become more traditional now that the mario and luigi rpg series is technically dead due to the devs going under last year.

1 hour ago, Kezay said:

So far previews seem to be fairly glowing for this one!

Of the ones I have checked out today:

No XP is a bummer, but coins and Toad finding can help you out a lot...

Battle rings aren't too bad, the time limit is where its at.  If you can solve the puzzles to the lineups faster, the easier enemy battles will be.

*Boss battles have a lot more involved in getting those rings solved.

Graphics and music are amazing.

Yes, this Paper Mario title as I suspected are taking minimal risk. It's like it is taking the middle road when it comes to new experiences and old.

After what seem like a eternity, I can take this and previews so far seems to show that game feels at least fun so far.