Paper Mario: The Origami King - TRAILER - July 17/20

“Sir, Smash Ultimate has been removed from Evo!”

”What?!”

”Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, they’re taking the whole event online this year, but since Smash’s online is such a giant clusterfuck, they’re kicking us out!”

”Is that so...”

”What are we going to do?!”

”Release the Paper Mario trailer.”

”But sir, that game comes out in two months! Are we really going to—“

”I SAID DO IT!”

”Y-yes sir!”

EDIT: Sunnuva bitch.

Edited by Tyranogre

So I'm assuming this MAY have been an E3 announcement, even though that would only have been a month before release. But does anyone think we can expect to see more random trailer drops in the near future? Or do you think we'll get a Direct next month?

5 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

So I'm assuming this MAY have been an E3 announcement, even though that would only have been a month before release. But does anyone think we can expect to see more random trailer drops in the near future? Or do you think we'll get a Direct next month?

Well, you gotta have that Smash Direct for the ARMS (and.... ) character drop.

I had assumed Sticker Star was going to be more of the franchise I loved from the RPG elements. I was wrong. Very wrong. I got burned pretty bad.

This? This looks better. I'm optimistic but not at all going to trust it until enough reviews and information comes out. I refuse to get burned again.

Even if this has basic RPG elements the recent entries have been pretty soulless using generic... everything. Here's hoping this entry puts the franchise back on track.

I'm most excited for that Samus thing at the end! Don't... don't give me hope...

1 minute ago, Carl321 said:

I had assumed Sticker Star was going to be more of the franchise I loved from the RPG elements. I was wrong. Very wrong. I got burned pretty bad.

This? This looks better. I'm optimistic but not at all going to trust it until enough reviews and information comes out. I refuse to get burned again.

Even if this has basic RPG elements the recent entries have been pretty soulless using generic... everything. Here's hoping this entry puts the franchise back on track.

I'm most excited for that Samus thing at the end! Don't... don't give me hope...

Sticker Star burned me so bad I didn't even want to attempt the M&L/Paper Mario title (I also hated Dream Team)

In the trailer, Mario uses Shiny Boots, which I'm thinking are an upgrade to the regular Jump Boots. I think an upgrade system for actions like the Jump and Hammer is a great change in direction following the previous two entries' temporary sticker system. Partners seem like they are sorta back. It would be nice visually to see them in the battle with Mario as opposed to regulated as battle option commands to the right (if that's the case as I've only seen Japanese battle footage). It would also be nice to see uniquely designed characters around the world again outside of Olivia and Olly. The humor and clothing items will help generic species stand out from one another, but it's still not quite right. I'm very interested though and this will be a must buy for me depending on how its battle and reward system pan out. 

I was unsure if I liked what appears to be another stage based adventure again. Seeing the trailer a few times over now, that's where the personality of the game really shines much like it did apparently in Color Splash. A more cohesive world like in Thousand Year Door likely wouldn't give them as much creative freedom as this approach. I'm fine with sacrificing a connected world for more diverse environment designs and potentially out of battle gameplay mechanics. 

It would be epic if those character specific headgear were really useful against enemies that could reference those game series. For example, the Samus helmet could be very useful against enemies found in a secretive lab out in a desert where Toads are researching green origami Goombas. 

• Chrom changed the title to Paper Mario: The Origami King - TRAILER - July 17/20

As always, they're so creative with the design gimmick, but this is a surprisingly gameplay-free gameplay trailer from Nintendo
Shiny boots looks like a sticker to me. tongue; Badges and boot upgrades never had the name pop up on screen. I'm not optimistic on that note lol

At least there's somebody other than Mario walking around, but origami fairy thing is gonna be a damn useless navi character. i can feel it in my soul.
The world definitely seems more interesting, though, and it's nice to see characters with some unique flair instead of the copy-paste shit they've been doing the last few years. Other than all the damn toads in that stadium shot anyway lmao

Edited by Pichi