Bionis's Leg - N4A Chat Thread - May 2020

There was a bear captured near my neighbourhood today. We’re not really near a normal bear zone, so it was a bit of a surprise, good thing most of us are still inside. But not totally unprecedented I guess since we get one every couple years or so. Guess somebody needs to help keep the Wild turkey population down. :P  

Could the cast of Yu-Gi-Oh be considered Wild Card Persona users? When supernatural stuff happens, they're allowed to summon their favorite monsters without problem, like what happened in the non-canon Season 4 and canon Season 6 of the original show. And what I mean by Wild Card is that most persona users can only call on one Persona, while the Wild Card infinite. 

4 hours ago, Link, the Hero of Dreams said:

Could the cast of Yu-Gi-Oh be considered Wild Card Persona users? When supernatural stuff happens, they're allowed to summon their favorite monsters without problem, like what happened in the non-canon Season 4 and canon Season 6 of the original show. And what I mean by Wild Card is that most persona users can only call on one Persona, while the Wild Card infinite. 

Season 6?

Yu-Gi-Oh only had 5 seasons...

Sorry, I'd like to think that the Kaiba Tournament arc after Waking The Dragons arc is separate from Dawn Of The Duelist. Then again, it's not like the Noah arc should be intertwined with the Battle City Finals arc in that case. Although, that would make "Season 4" a lot shorter compared to most seasons, since it's only really five duels compared to the usual 7-10.  

Season 1: Duelist Kingdom - Dungeon Dice Monsters - Legendary Heroes (that arc where they got trapped inside Kaiba’s game)

Season 2: Battle City

Season 3: Virtual World - Battle City Finals

Season 4: Waking the Dragons

Season 5: KaibaCorp Grand Championship - Millennium World - Ceremonial Duel

So last week I started Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and since then I've put in about 15 hours into it. It's actually some of the most fun I've had with a JRPG in the past couple years. The battle system is really engaging despite being a clusterfuck. The presentation and soundtrack is terrific, and it's fun to explore the world. The character design is downright embarrassing, though. What were they thinking? Also I heard a lot grumbling about certain blade skills being required at some main story points? Anyone got some tips on how to avoid that being an issue?

6 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

So last week I started Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and since then I've put in about 15 hours into it. It's actually some of the most fun I've had with a JRPG in the past couple years. The battle system is really engaging despite being a clusterfuck. The presentation and soundtrack is terrific, and it's fun to explore the world. The character design is downright embarrassing, though. What were they thinking? Also I heard a lot grumbling about certain blade skills being required at some main story points? Anyone got some tips on how to avoid that being an issue?

Main story field checks won't ever require rare blades, and may require "mastery" skills. After chapter 3, you'll get an option to grind blades passively. I want to say the most notable one is dark mystery around a midgame dungeon.

Look through your common blades, and prioritize blades with level 3 mastery field skills. Send them out using said passive grind feature, and keep them on hand for when those mastery checks come up.

Edited by Zora von Genbu
6 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

The character design is downright embarrassing, though. What were they thinking?

yeah... modern jrpg design is uh
well, embarrassing is a good word.
i still remember my visceral reaction to seeing tales of xillia for the first time