Bionis's Leg - N4A Chat Thread - May 2020

13 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

So last week I started Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and since then I've put in about 15 hours into it. It's actually some of the most fun I've had with a JRPG in the past couple years. The battle system is really engaging despite being a clusterfuck. The presentation and soundtrack is terrific, and it's fun to explore the world. The character design is downright embarrassing, though. What were they thinking? Also I heard a lot grumbling about certain blade skills being required at some main story points? Anyone got some tips on how to avoid that being an issue?

Yeah I am about 30 hours in and have had to rearrange my party a couple times to get past certain areas, kind of like old school Pokémon HM obstacles. But I have so many common blades that are able to be used to this effect that I wouldn’t call it game breaking.

Besides what’s been said, I enjoy the story (just started chapter 8), and am actually beginning to appreciate more of the nuance of what they’re going for with the overall story of XC/XC2. I mean it’s not nearly as complex as Xenosaga but that’s ok.

• Chrom locked and unpinned this topic