Bionis's Leg - N4A Chat Thread - May 2020

I've been thinking on trying Xenoblade 2 in the near future, maybe after I finish VII Remake. I've had the game on my shelf for a year and a half now, and I'm not sure how I'll feel about it going in. The consensus seems to be either it's the greatest JRPG this generation or it's complete trash and a blight upon humanity. I wasn't too hot on Xenoblade 1. I found the combat system sloppy (why can't you assign AI to your party members) and the game overstaying it's welcome (around 90 hours to finish the main story.)

22 hours ago, EH_STEVE said:

See I'd play that without speedrunning it. I've played LttP to 100% so many times I could likely do it in my sleep. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you could overlap the paths I took the last 10 times I played it and saw next to no variation.

sounds like you play kinda like a speedrunner already though if you're finding your own 'optimal' routes lol

1 hour ago, Pichi said:

sounds like you play kinda like a speedrunner already though if you're finding your own 'optimal' routes lol

Fair enough. But for LttP (and the first one) I always go for 100% and follow the same routes, they may not necessary be optimal, but both can be done easily in one sitting. In LttP, especially the SNES version, the only real change I do is taking on Misery Mire for the Staff before the Ice Palace to bypass that one puzzle. Other than that I always do the levels in order and if I don't care about "deaths" I use Save and Quit a lot for the Light World segment for fast travel.

8 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Fair enough. But for LttP (and the first one) I always go for 100% and follow the same routes, they may not necessary be optimal, but both can be done easily in one sitting. In LttP, especially the SNES version, the only real change I do is taking on Misery Mire for the Staff before the Ice Palace to bypass that one puzzle. Other than that I always do the levels in order and if I don't care about "deaths" I use Save and Quit a lot for the Light World segment for fast travel.

yeah man i feel you. s+q is only not allowed in categories like "no major glitches" because you do it a ton in the other ones, so they wanted to preserve the overworld movement in at least one category
i'm not trying to convert you or anything lol but you might find the hundo run for alttp pretty interesting

Edited by Pichi
1 minute ago, Pichi said:

yeah man i feel you
s+q is only not allowed in categories like "no major glitches" cause you do it a ton in the other ones, so they wanted to preserve it in at least one category
i'm not trying to convert you or anything lol but you might find the hundo run for alttp pretty interesting

I will definitely check this out. Thanks.

Looking to get a new gaming headset. Thanks to work-from-home conference calls and enough complaints about the quality of my mic my boss is letting me expense “$150 or so” on a new headset.

I plan on using it for my XB1 as well (have an adapter) so my only real requirement is a headphone jack. But I'm open to any suggestions anyone has.

Canadian websites preferred if sending direct links (up to $150CAD).

57 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Looking to get a new gaming headset. Thanks to work-from-home conference calls and enough complaints about the quality of my mic my boss is letting me expense “$150 or so” on a new headset.

I plan on using it for my XB1 as well (have an adapter) so my only real requirement is a headphone jack. But I'm open to any suggestions anyone has.

Canadian websites preferred if sending direct links (up to $150CAD).

https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=1211_1215&item_id=081328

21 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Reviews on that site weren't good, so I googled the product and got Amazon's

Saw this:

image.png.7952d79f647b5d6b51c87a2992b9b987.png

I use this one and is the best sounding headset you can get in the price range you’re looking for. Plus If anything breaks all of the parts are removable and replaceable for cheap. 

Edited by ace
5 minutes ago, ace said:

I use this one and is the best sounding headset you can get in the price range you’re looking for. Plus If anything breaks all of the parts are removable and replaceable for cheap. 

Ordered.

5 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

Would it be worth getting a PS4 if the PS5 is going to be backwards-compatible?

All we know about PS4 backwards compatibility is that supposedly an "overwhelming" amount of PS4 games will be backwards compatible. In the best case scenario, it just means some niche or online-subscription based games will not be compatible. Not even the PS2 is 100% compatible with the PS1 library (I remember some FF games glitching on me, mainly V and VI.)

If I were in your shoes, I'd just go ahead and make the jump to PS4. I'll be surprised if PS5 is still on track to release this year with the current state of COVID. But supposedly they're having a PS5 showcase on June 4th, so I'd maybe wait until then to possibly hear more details about backwards compatibility.

Alternatively if you're not dying to play any PS4 games right away it might be worth it to wait just for that NVMe storage. It's going to be BLAZING fast and the long load times that plague PS4 games won't exist.

our grocery store has arrows and such on the floor to make it so people kinda travel in one line through the store in order to keep distance from people as much as possible and while its hard to adhere to entirely, this bitch really dragged her 2 kids through every single aisle backwards, giving everyone the stinkeye as if we're in HER way and had it not been for the laws of this land, i would have slaughtered her