Bionis's Leg - N4A Chat Thread - May 2020

ahhh, i've been wanting to replay botw so bad lately even though i have like 1500 games to be playing instead...and having to plug in the wii u for it doesn't excite me lol

gonna try to sink in some time into splatoon 2 first though, then maybe i'll go back to it flower; 

10 hours ago, Eliwood8 said:

Trial of the Sword in Master Mode is one of the most stressful video game experiences I've had in recent memory, but I'm glad I beat it.

2137350298_MasterSword.thumb.jpg.35eca91e8f6238560e8c0bb1985d908f.jpg

Out of all the self-imposed Zelda challenges I've put myself through, simply completing that on Master Mode was the most gratifying.

Edited by EH_STEVE
53 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Ahhh. I never really got into speedrunning. 

it's extremely niche for a reason after all. but a popular beginner-friendly version of speedrunning that's really popular right now is randomizer runs, for which alttp is the most popular game. so instead of memorizing the base game, you learn general speed tech and the challenge lies in finding your way through the game when all the items locations and such are randomly swapped around

So I bit the bullet and finally got Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It is definitely an unpopular view but I was burned pretty badly by XC1’s climax and resolution, so was reluctant to pick this one up for fear of having the same kind of disappointment. But I did a bit of research into XC2’s plot and I think I could get behind it this time fully, but we will see.

Anyway as to be expected I am enjoying myself so far. I find the battle mechanics in Monolith Soft’s games to be a bit convoluted in general, but that isn’t game breaking. I wasn’t expecting to like Rex as much as I do, but here we are... I love the cheeky little guy, so far. Nia also started off with me worried but she of course has grown on me considerably. I find it interesting that Pyra is dubbed by an American kind of accent. I am sure it works into the plot somehow. :P 

1 hour ago, DranSeasona said:

So I bit the bullet and finally got Xenoblade Chronicles 2. It is definitely an unpopular view but I was burned pretty badly by XC1’s climax and resolution, so was reluctant to pick this one up for fear of having the same kind of disappointment. But I did a bit of research into XC2’s plot and I think I could get behind it this time fully, but we will see.

Anyway as to be expected I am enjoying myself so far. I find the battle mechanics in Monolith Soft’s games to be a bit convoluted in general, but that isn’t game breaking. I wasn’t expecting to like Rex as much as I do, but here we are... I love the cheeky little guy, so far. Nia also started off with me worried but she of course has grown on me considerably. I find it interesting that Pyra is dubbed by an American kind of accent. I am sure it works into the plot somehow. :P 

What didn't you like about XC1's climax?

15 hours ago, skycandy said:

ahhh, i've been wanting to replay botw so bad lately even though i have like 1500 games to be playing instead...and having to plug in the wii u for it doesn't excite me lol

gonna try to sink in some time into splatoon 2 first though, then maybe i'll go back to it flower; 

Do it! Embrace the call of the wild! Collect all the Korok seeds!

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

What didn't you like about XC1's climax?

I was right with them up until the reveal of the “true” big bad. Specifically I think it’s a bad JRPG trope... I.e Evil god killed with the power of friendship is extremely silly and overdone for me. The final message also left a bitter taste in my mouth, since I believe it’s extremely naive. So I was very disappointed because the lead up was so incredible. 

My understanding is XC2 is a continuation in a way but from my bit of research appears a bit more nuanced, so I am looking forward to experiencing it.

@aceYou mean her design being needlessly skimpy? Yeah that is annoying to me since I think it’s usually unnecessary but it’s not a nail in the coffin for me. 

2 hours ago, ace said:

Needlessly skimpy paired with ridiculous balloon tits. It's just bad

Lol Honestly I barely notice her chest what with the colours/design of her chest coverings, but yes it is obviously victim of another tired JRPG trope: manipulation of the potential male audience using overly sexualized females.

At least Morag is beautiful while being still reasonably dressed for her actual station, though.

18 hours ago, Pichi said:

it's extremely niche for a reason after all. but a popular beginner-friendly version of speedrunning that's really popular right now is randomizer runs, for which alttp is the most popular game. so instead of memorizing the base game, you learn general speed tech and the challenge lies in finding your way through the game when all the items locations and such are randomly swapped around

See I'd play that without speedrunning it. I've played LttP to 100% so many times I could likely do it in my sleep. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you could overlap the paths I took the last 10 times I played it and saw next to no variation.