Bionis's Leg - N4A Chat Thread - May 2020

Played through Lego DC supervillains (minus the remaining bonus levels) and Pokémon Ultra Moon recently 

Neither are 100%, though - still slowly working on that

The main annoyance in DC is going to be the majority of the races... the vehicle controls are so bloody annoying... really frustrating 

And just the post game and the remaining Dex to worry about...

And finished watching Maid Sama a few days ago...

and im not sure which to watch next... somewhat thinking of going with Akame Ga Kill next, but not sure...

I miss college most days. Work has become so routine that I feel like I'm just going through the motions. I've tried taking up reading in the past year, as something that may be more engaging, but I have a hard time sticking with it. It's also a little depressing that I have more work related contacts on my phone than friends and family. Work has taken over my life in the past few years, and it sucks.

1 minute ago, Youngster Joey said:

I miss college most days. Work has become so routine that I feel like I'm just going through the motions. I've tried taking up reading in the past year, as something that may be more engaging, but I have a hard time sticking with it. It's also a little depressing that I have more work related contacts on my phone than friends and family. Work has taken over my life in the past few years, and it sucks.

what do you do, joey? is there any way to take back a bit more of your time?

11 hours ago, Pichi said:

what do you do, joey? is there any way to take back a bit more of your time?

I'm the one and only network tech for over 14 medical clinics. I'm responsible for network communication and telecommunications. I've lost count on the number of times I've had to cancel PTO because a clinic's POTS line decides to no longer work, or because someone can't access the network. My boss doesn't really care for my time. Sometimes he's completely ignored my PTO requests or gotten upset with me for taking taking time off. My team doesn't really care to learn what I do, let alone read the documentation I leave behind.

Work-life balance has been a disaster the past few years, and as a result I've let some friends slip. By now almost all my friends have left town. I can still reach them, but with my circumstances and them living their own life, it feels impossible to see them.

It could always be worse, but I miss having some semblance of a social life.

2 hours ago, Youngster Joey said:

I'm the one and only network tech for over 14 medical clinics. I'm responsible for network communication and telecommunications. I've lost count on the number of times I've had to cancel PTO because a clinic's POTS line decides to no longer work, or because someone can't access the network. My boss doesn't really care for my time. Sometimes he's completely ignored my PTO requests or gotten upset with me for taking taking time off. My team doesn't really care to learn what I do, let alone read the documentation I leave behind.

Work-life balance has been a disaster the past few years, and as a result I've let some friends slip. By now almost all my friends have left town. I can still reach them, but with my circumstances and them living their own life, it feels impossible to see them.

It could always be worse, but I miss having some semblance of a social life.

Jeez. That sounds super shitty. It's one thing if you're sacrificing a lot for a job where you know you're needed, but giving up so much and getting shit for it anyway is just gonna eat at you more and more over time.
Have you thought of looking for other work at all?  If you're really holding up the operation solo like that, they'll miss you real fast if you peace out lmao

ever since getting over meningitis I've been waking up randomly at like around 7am so today i just embraced it and got tf up 

i keep getting headaches intermittently and i wanna go to a doctor but i feel bad even going grocery shopping so i might just wait it out til the province reopens partially matty;

So finally got Final Fantasy 7 Remake because I need a JRPG to hold me over until Xenoblade DE. I'm mashing buttons and have no real idea what I'm doing.

Also, since when did organization xiii come to midgar and why are they now ethereal? damn it nomura, what are you getting at!?

So I tried to get a refund for Doom Eternal on steam because the latest update completely broke the game for me and expects me to disable my firewall to let it run. Valve, being the wonderful company they are told me to go get fucked. $72 down the toilet