Bionis's Leg - N4A Chat Thread - May 2020

i hate lights on computers, i only want ONE light on anything and its the num lock

our computer has 500 lights on it and we gotta turn them all off or cover them every night bc some of them are legit too bright to sleep with lmfao

even the numlock on the cheap keyboard i use sometimes annoys me with its brightness lmao. i ended up covering it with tape at one point.
another thing that's trouble with modern cases is that there are no parts with uncovered metal so you can't hold onto anything to discharge while digging in the pc

I will admit I do have an RGB keyboard and mouse but the rest of my setup isn’t super tacky. 

0FF709C6-53A1-4B65-BE7F-5C2AFA672FB2.thumb.jpeg.be20da6c021ad664fb0f18482c6f98ef.jpeg

I didn’t think about the size of my monitor until it arrived. It barely fits 

24 minutes ago, skycandy said:

yo that's the exact same mouse we have lol

when our computer started going on the fritz even after a system restore, we just bought the best looking one the pharmacy had to offer lol y; 

You do your computer shopping at the pharmacy?

1 hour ago, skycandy said:

yo that's the exact same mouse we have lol

when our computer started going on the fritz even after a system restore, we just bought the best looking one the pharmacy had to offer lol y; 

They sell Corsair mice at pharmacies in Canada??? Sounds like my kind of place y;

14 minutes ago, ace said:

They sell Corsair mice at pharmacies in Canada??? Sounds like my kind of place y;

yes, and they have a decent selection of switch games too y; its a Shoppers, which if i had to compare it, would be like a big ol' walgreens in the states

1 hour ago, Tyranogre said:

You do your computer shopping at the pharmacy?

not usually, but we needed one ASAP and it was the closest place to us that sells electronics so yolo theydonothing; 

I hate RGB lighting. Super tacky. I keep running into this problem when I need a new mouse/keyboard combo. I just want something that works, and doesn't exude try-hard gamer aesthetic. Actually this year I ditched Logitech in favor of a Microsoft combo. Here's hoping the mouse doesn't start double-clicking in a year.

At some point I really want to build a mini-ITX build. I hate how bulky my micro-ATX is. It's like 70% air in that case.

Sometimes when I take my laptop with me to places and have to disconnect my external USB hub, it takes forever to re-connect my mouse, external hard drive, etc.

I try googling "usb won't connect" and follow the instructions, but they almost never work right.

Eventually, they randomly start working again for no apparent reason, and I'm able to use them without any problems at all until the next time I have to move my laptop, when the process inevitably starts over again.

It kind of reminds me of those old science experiments where a flock of pigeons would receive a snack from a dispenser at completely random times. The pigeons, thinking that whatever it was they did last helped trigger the release of the snack, would develop a complex ritual dance to receive food.

"If your USB device isn't responding, open Device Manager and assign a new Drive Letter, then restart your computer."

"If your USB device isn't responding, raise your left leg once, bow your head twice, then flap your wings three times."

1 hour ago, Youngster Joey said:

I hate RGB lighting. Super tacky. I keep running into this problem when I need a new mouse/keyboard combo. I just want something that works, and doesn't exude try-hard gamer aesthetic. Actually this year I ditched Logitech in favor of a Microsoft combo. Here's hoping the mouse doesn't start double-clicking in a year.

At some point I really want to build a mini-ITX build. I hate how bulky my micro-ATX is. It's like 70% air in that case.

the mouse i posted earlier is the zowie FK-1 if you need a non "gamers,," one
i've considered the model S for ages so seconding the daskeyboard rec i guess