Bionis's Leg - N4A Chat Thread - May 2020

24 minutes ago, Pichi said:

i have an 80s buckling spring Model M. loud keyboards are great y;

I have a bunch of classic apple keyboards that are similar in the basement but they use a proprietary port that is impossible to find adapters for.

This motherboard I bought has PS/2 connectors on it so maybe I'll be able to find a way to hook one into that just for funsies.

Ordered a Switch Lite, because I'm a dolt. theydonothing; I was able to take some PTO finally, and I spent most of the past 24 hours tearing through Trials of Mana on the Mana Collection. This game is incredibly fun, even if the story is bare. Definitely a showcase of some impressive sprite work and music for the system.

I think my interest in playing the 3DS is starting to diminish. Aside from it being my go-to Pokemon machine, all that's mostly left of my backlog is a dozen Atlus RPGs.

The other day I spent some time looking for a good 3D modelling program. And by that I mean Google Sketchup for Linux. Sure you can use CAD and Blender, but those are really advanced and require a college-level course just to know your way around. I just want to zone out and create some low-poly stuff without much thinking. I guess they have this web-browser based version for free, but it's no longer owned by Google and I feel this looming presence they'll stop me suddenly and force me to get the paid version. y;

17 minutes ago, Pichi said:

you what

I've been saving up for this for ages. I want an excellent computer what plays the games.

The craziest part is that it isn't the best card on the market. The 2080 TI is $1200 and the RTX Titan is $2500 (which is $500 more than the total build cost of the entire system I put together)

Edited by ace

Speaking of expensive crap, why the hell do office chairs cost so much??? The one I'm using is technically fine but it's about as old as I am and can get sweaty. I'm not looking at spending $600 on a chair here.

best to just hunt on fb/craigslist for something like that. all you need is a decent chair shape for good lower back support.
everything else they try to sell you on is a meme.

I haven't been able to sleep through the night in some time now. I don't understand why but I jump awake randomly in the middle of the night like I'm late for something. It's getting really annoying.

7 hours ago, Pichi said:

best to just hunt on fb/craigslist for something like that. all you need is a decent chair shape for good lower back support.
everything else they try to sell you on is a meme.

While there are plenty of things I have no issue buying second-hand, someone else's ass-sweat collector is not one of them.

I feel as though I'm getting older that I'm becoming more interested in older games. I just finished Trials of Mana, and I'm kind of interested trying the Phantasy Star series. I think my biggest hangup with older RPGs is when text is poorly formatted, with text boxes only holding 4 words or every word being abbreviated into three letters. This isn't a problem with Dragon Warrior, but I remember this being the case in Breath of Fire and Phantasy Star.

1 hour ago, Youngster Joey said:

I feel as though I'm getting older that I'm becoming more interested in older games. I just finished Trials of Mana, and I'm kind of interested trying the Phantasy Star series. I think my biggest hangup with older RPGs is when text is poorly formatted, with text boxes only holding 4 words or every word being abbreviated into three letters. This isn't a problem with Dragon Warrior, but I remember this being the case in Breath of Fire and Phantasy Star.

you can always avoid that problem by learning japanese educate;