Clubhouse Games 51 6/5/20

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I am still getting this, and I have heard about some of the multiplayer limitations in various discussion videos from gaming sites, this video seems be saying it is a LOT more limited than I had thought.

I can only think because its not out yet and thus online will be tricky, and they won't release a patch but to have games like darts and bowling not 4p off one switch seems really odd.

Mancala was pretty fun.  Interesting strategy game.

I liked Rabbit and Hounds.  Not sure if its easy or hard, but I beat expert as rabbit.

Connect 4 was fun, but man did I kill myself to easily.  After opponent made the finishing blow I was like damn!

Hex was pretty cool.  The better AI definitely upped the challenge but I like how the game plays.

Boxes and squares  (or whatever) was pretty damn fun but as you progress you get nervous you are setting up a run for the opponent with one line finishers taking up a lot of real estate on the screen.

Checkers was fine but what I found annoying is it will block your moves if you have a obvious take, therefore kind of killing some defensive posturing.  Also, if you don't make a kill it can use a 50m move rule and declare a draw.

I love Clubhouse games so far! flower; The variety of games is good, I like that you don't have to play with another person, and I can't wait to try out some more. So far I've been enamored with learning Shogi, and I can seem to consistently beat the normal CPU, but I tried to move up to Hard and got my ass handed to me so I think I'll just stick with normal until I get more games under my belt. theydonothing; My only real complaint so far is that the game is a bit too quick to get to the action, and never shows me the controls for long enough. I wish it was a bit more like Mario Party, where it would show you the controls in a controlled environment first, and then let you get into the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Mastered Uno, aka Last Card.

*What I don't like about this game is the last card call at the end.  In my 30+ years of playing Uno I have never had to yell last card while I had two cards in hand.  You would always lay down your next to last card and then yell Uno.  Not to say the game doesn't prompt you to say it but that natural inclination is tough to break.

Bowling, almost mastered.

*Lacking the 80/challenge mode win to get Master Class.  I've been on touch pad controls and I did pretty well in 5 and 10 frame matches but the Challenge mode with the different pin patterns I have just had a tough time getting enough needed points to crack 80 and thus making my control of the bowling ball just enough off to not get the needed English/curve to get over on those patterns.

Golf, mastered.

The long form of the game adds some challenging holes.  Again, in tough pad/portable play mode I found some controls to be annoying, not bad.  I think some of the wind and distance attributes are kind of off or either the controls don't work against them good.  Still, a solid mini game.

• 4 weeks later...